Auto BUDZ!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budz4me

Reaction score
Hey all. This here being my second go around here at this rodeo.....should be interesting.

This time I have selected NL and Bubblicious both auto strains from nirvana.

I have 2 Bubs in a 3g pot and 1 NL in a 2.5g pot. 75% FFOF/25% FFLW. All three were direct sowed.

Pics coming.

PS. My other grow (in my sig below) is curing in jars now.....smoke report to come in 1-2 weeks I am geussing.

That is a spider that is living outside above guarding my garden.

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Green Mojo for your plants there. Are they fems or are you keeping your fingers crossed?

Off to a great start..nice and compact..Beautiful green and healthy...I need me a spider Gaurd...:D...could you share more of your setup?..Im a lazy stoner like most and rather hit my :bong1: Looks like a nice cooltube..

okay..Im a fallow along...
:48:

Can I ask why you like Autos over regular strains???Just curious,,,I grew a few different types of Autos,,including the originals,,and found them sub-par compared to reg strains.
Hope ya likem better then most who have grown them.

First of all, thanks everyone for your support and advice...dont think for a second it goes for not.

THG: Yes they are fems

4U2: my setup is pretty vanilla for now. 400W 6" cool tube with digital MH/HPS ballast.

6" centrifugal 440CFM fan with filter

2x4x5 tent

FFOF/FFLW soil, GH nutes (new to this run since I am going organic)

Hopper: LOL, I have answered this question about 500 times. I #1 was under educated when I started this project (try telling that to the old me lol), #2 I simply dont have the money to fund another tent, light, fan etc.

I have 10 auto seeds total......I am saving weekly to improve my setup to be a regular pheno type grow. Just simply dont have funds at the moment.

Hell I am lucky to be employed in this mess we call a society.

Cool,,just curious. Better then buying weed anytime Bro.

Week 4 of veg now, went and nuted with GH's Bio line. Def got some burn 2 days later now.

I will be laying off nutes till it clears up. Should have known that FFOF would be good for more than 4 weeks.....plants are growing fast as hell! I am raising the light every 3 days or so.

yeah im not sure why you hit them with nutes before they started showing signs they are hungery, especially with autos, dont feed until they scream for it and youll know when they ask for food... too much too early can stunt growth, and im assuming your talking about the General Organic line, make sure you follow the directions, if it says 1/2 teaspoon only use 1/2 a teaspoon... but not before they want it.

Yeah I am using the GO Bio line of products.

What a bonehead move on my part...oh well, obviously one successful grow doesn't take the noob out of you lol.

Stupid weeds even still have there little round leaves at the bottom...my mistake.

Update pics coming....I do have an issue with "rust" spots on some of the fan leaves....

PH : 6.2
Temps: 66-75*F
lighting: 20/4
SOIL: FFOF/FFLW
NUTES: One over nute as seen in above posts....no nutes since (2 weeks)

Just SNS209.

I think I will leave it alone for now and just use distilled water and see how it fares this week. I dont want to complicate things by adding nutes and such.

anywhow, pics to come.

UPDATE PICS

Notice how it almost eats a hole in the plant...weird.

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

Ignore the yellow color in the above photos....that was a flash issue.

The leaves are a good solid forest green...no vein color either.

That color is from my HPS and a shitty iphone

Kind of disheartening when you sit there and watch your plants die slowly, and no one seems to offer any words of advice.

I have since Added flowering nutes (General Organics Bio line), that was on friday (11/8). It seems to have not had an effect, as the damage is spreading to the upper leaves now.

A buddy of mine thinks it may be a fungus....but all the fungi I have researched create "raised" spots where the damage is...this is almost like its a bug eating it away.

I am bug free btw.....no mites, nothing. SNS209 works great.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

pictures are worth a thousand words, much easier to tell whats going on in natural light not under the HPS, its hard to tell but if i had to guess id say that since early on you used full strength and possibly went a tad heavier then full strength, we all have getting excited and wanting to give them everything, but thats just it, they already had everything for a month + using FFOF/LW since they are already pretty heavy in the goodies and mixing the 2 gives you an even greater and fuller spectrum of nutes already in the soil, personaly i never give anything but water untill the seed leaves (round ones) are yellow, then i start off with 1/4 strength nutes, let soil dry then water, then depending on how the plant is doing either 1/4 strength again or ill bump it up to 1/2 strength, so it takes a while to get up to full strength, especially starting with such a rich mix, its a great mix if yah ask me but it is rich, nothing but water and maybe a basic tea, i get the Stumpys Root Tea mix from HTG, just add to water and mix, really simple, then i bubble it for at least 6 hours or more, adding nothing but the powder mix. ill add in more goodies to the teas as the plants can handle/need more. gotta let the plant tell you when to feed it and not before they tell yah otherwise you run the risk of damaging their young fragile root system, which is what im assuming happened early on. hit them with nutes far too soon and they probably got set back a bit from root damage.
also when did you start giving them the SNS209? assuming you started with this at full strength with the plants at such a young age it could have also over whelmed the roots. i had no problems with the SNS209 but then again i didnt start using it untill they were already being fed full strength nutes so i knew they had strong roots.
sorry that kinda rambled on but all in all id take a stab and say early nute burn caused nutes to lock out and give you what looks like deficencies because the roots are overwhelmed with said nute and locking it out. also are you letting your water dechlorinate for like a day by bubbling or letting the bucket sit.
oops well all thats still helpful but i just realized your growing autos, autos have issues with stress, and especialy since these are autos im guessing the over nute early on hindered them greatly. im also growing autos, i wanna say it was around oct 15th that they broke soil and poked their heads out, i let them go in the veg closet for about 15 days or so after they broke soil and 3 of the 6 had yellow and slightly droopy seed leaves so i mixed up 1/4 strength batch and gave them each about a quart to quart and a half of that solution, that was about 2 weeks ago and just yesterday i finaly fed them full strength and they are taking off like bats outta hell. this "full strength" feeding was 1/2 strength of the Bio thrive Grow, 1/2 strength Bio thrive Bloom and full strength of each the other, CalMg, Bio Weed, Bio Root, Bio Marine, and Bio Bud. in a couple of days ill give them the same mixture again and after that the next time they get nutes it will be full strength Bloom, Bud, CalMg, Weed, Root and Marine. ill continue this until about the 25th-28th of this month, and after that its just full strength Bloom, Bud and Calmg up till the finish line.

wow again sorry for the run on, been hittin the bong a tad lol. i really hope this helps you either now or in the future, remember dont feed till they show they want food, plain water inbetween doses of nutes, start at 1/4 strength and work your way up as necessary, dont let any more then the tipp tip of the leaves to "burn" from nutes or youll have proplems. and especially with autos they cant take stress so wait till they say feed me. im not sure what your previous grow was, hydro or something other then organics, but organic growing is probably the least hands on of all, no need for pH'ing the water as the microbes take care of that, plus the goodies in the soils your using. its nothing like hydro that needs daily attention to make sure things are in balance. with a good starting mix organics can almost take care of its self with nothing more then some good teas added like near the middle of flower. so its alot less demanding, just gotta step back and watch em do their thing, still check on them daily if you can to make sure things are running smoothly, but a good mix to start will feed for a while.

SK2K: I think you are right. Both BB's are recovering with half nute strength now. The spots seem like they are permanent, but the color of the leaves are improving. I doubt they will ever fully recover as they are in week 9 and only have 2-3 weeks left.

I fill up all my water jugs after I am done watering them. So on average the water stands for 3-4 days before I use it.....this also allows it to get to room temps....my tap water is freezing cold right now...it is a whopping 27* out today.

I will try to get more pics up tomorrow, I am currently the on call guy at my company, so I have been a little busy lately. The NL doesnt seem to be excited about growing lol.

budz4me said:
Kind of disheartening when you sit there and watch your plants die slowly, and no one seems to offer any words of advice.

I have since Added flowering nutes (General Organics Bio line), that was on friday (11/8). It seems to have not had an effect, as the damage is spreading to the upper leaves now.

A buddy of mine thinks it may be a fungus....but all the fungi I have researched create "raised" spots where the damage is...this is almost like its a bug eating it away.

I am bug free btw.....no mites, nothing. SNS209 works great.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Your post on the 5th kind of indicated that your plants were doing well and that you did not need any help ("The leaves are a good solid forest green...no vein color either"). Then a week later this post???????? I don't think people were ignoring you--it just seemed as if things were good.

I do want to say that I don't really see any signs of overnuting. When you overnute, you get brown crispy tips on all the leaves and you don't have that. I am thinking more of a deficiency in something, maybe Cal-Mag., However as autos only live a set number of days, there is little you are going to be able to do to get these plants to wellness before their life is over.

Also, you do not need an entirely new set up to grow photoperiod plants. What is wrong with using the set-up you are now using for your autos?

Did you spray your leaves are slash something on them?

Latest posts

Back