Auto BUDZ!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WeedHopper said:
Did you spray your leaves are slash something on them?

Only the bottom set would have been splashed with nutes, otherwise no spray or anything has been used.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your post on the 5th kind of indicated that your plants were doing well and that you did not need any help ("The leaves are a good solid forest green...no vein color either"). Then a week later this post???????? I don't think people were ignoring you--it just seemed as if things were good.

I do want to say that I don't really see any signs of overnuting. When you overnute, you get brown crispy tips on all the leaves and you don't have that. I am thinking more of a deficiency in something, maybe Cal-Mag., However as autos only live a set number of days, there is little you are going to be able to do to get these plants to wellness before their life is over.

Also, you do not need an entirely new set up to grow photoperiod plants. What is wrong with using the set-up you are now using for your autos?

I may have made a mistake by not posting that stuff in somewhere other than my journal....I had evidence of something starting to happen...and it happened very quickly. I should have posted it in the help section as well.

I add cal-mag with my water once a week along with the other nutes.

your 100% right that they will not have the life span to fully recover.

I am posting update pics now.

Bubblicious #1 pics

All of these plants below are the same age, same soil, same light, same everything!

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

Northern lights (the only one)

This girl is interesting. It looks as if I have over watered it, but that cannot be the case given the only variable in this grow is the strain. Weird.

The NL is very stringy and has little to no trichome development. It does not smell and there is no resin.

The bubb's are extremely stinky, highly sticky, and have tons and tons of crystals....not sure why given they are the same age and everything else is constant.

Now my biggest fear....these are my new seedlings for the next go around...notice the SAME discoloration on the leaves...not very noticable....but this is how it started last time...then quickly became a collection of dying leaves and red burn marks. I believe maybe this soil has some sort of fungus in it.

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

Over nute and lack of Cal-mag is what I would say for diagnosis. :confused2: Definitely on the last run, but looks like seedlings are getting burnt as well. Are you using Cal-Mag at all? If so, at what rate? We could use a bit more info on your feeding schedule too. What ppm/EC are you feeding when you do, and also what's your PH's in and out? (collect your run off to check) Let us know what a general week period of "feeding/watering" consists of.

*Take note* I'm not a FFOF guy.. I have no experience with anything pre-nuted. If you fed anytime before 4 weeks, then silly move hah :) I prefer using a medium that I have 100% control over. I'm a huge fan of COCO and perlite, or even Sunshine Advanced Mix #4. Usually the answer with leaves like that, is too much nutes / cal-mag def / requiring a flush of the medium (toxicity build up) Check my sig, at the "Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android" and check through all the pics in all the pages. Follow my grow along, it was my first one. My leaves ended like yours that time, and though my yield was decent, I surely messed it up. The leaves were absolutely shot at the end. Not just worn from being used up.

Green mojo to you. :aok:

Hey Doc. Thanks for chiming in!

My PH is measured weekly before I nute. It has never been outside of 6.0-6.5. It always falls somewhere in there....6.3-6.5 most the time. I have never tested PH out. Not sure what the EC or PPM is for that matter...i just let my tap water sit in between waterings to airate and get to room temp, 3-4 days usually.

I use General organics bio line...its 100% organic and apparently also vegan lol.

This consists of a Cal/Mag nute as well...they call for 5mL per gallon. I have been using 2.5mL. All the other nutes I use as specified.

I did nute aound week 4, which i stated in my journal when it occurred. No one really seemed to think that caused all of this. It would make sense, seeing as it happened very rapidly within 1-2 weeks of that incident.

You are right about the yield, these are autos, and I can tell you...the 2 bubblicious girls are going to yield alot more than I anticipated...I geuss thats the bright point to all of this.

Mind you, its way too late to reverse this issue....I just want to grasp the situation, so I can deal with it later and maybe pass on the knowledge to others.

EDIT: the seedling in both the last and the new run are in 75%FFOF/25% FFLW and a few cups of perlite per pot. NO NUTES or ADDITIVES.

ok well your half right, your didnt add any nutes or additives but FFOF and FFLW both contain nutes, its not slow release but rather organic forms so the micro organisms can break it down, i too use FFOF and a Happy frog instead of light warrior, i also use the GO line, i love the stuff but remember if it says 10ml per gal thats 10ml per gal dont try and sneek another few drops in there, especialy since you stated with a good soil mix. i wouldnt have fed untill the seed leaves were yellow and drooping which for my soil mix of 50/50 FFOF/FFHF is around 3-4 weeks depending on strain. also to note i do follow the the GO feeding chart to the T, EXCEPT for the start up. i start with 1/4 strength and work up to full strength depending on how the plants respond, usualy its 1/4 nute - water - 1/2 nute - water - full nute - water...etc. and from 1/4 to full, rotating nutes and water in a cycle, with my 2 day wet/dry cycle i can get to full strength without over feeding in just over a week, you gotta work them into the new nutes, cant just start full strength with such a small plant, speaking of small plants those last pics you shared are... well... quite small and dont look like they are 4 weeks old, they bearly have their 3bladed leaf set out yet, for one thing if they are 4 weeks old and still in those cups, transplant asap, i only keep mine in cups for about 10-12 days tops then into their veg pots, the small cups in my opinion dont have enough space for the roots to really develop properly to handle full strengh nutes especially starting with a nice hot soil mix. and another thing with bearly having their 3 bladed leaf set developed yet AND the seed leaves still a vibrant healthy green they havnt reached the point where they are big enough for anything but water, feeding nutes when the seed leaves are still healthy green is only asking for over nute issues. let the plant do its thing and it will tell you when its starting to get hungary, by yellowing the seed leaves, the food storage for the young plant while the plant and roots develop to the point they can handle feedings above and beyond the contents of the soil. dont feed before they need it, and again if those are 4 weeks old and still that small in those cups, transplant asap, at 4 weeks old no plant should be that small, there has to be a root binding issue there. autos or photo period, even northern lights the slowest vegging strain iv ever seen was about a foot tall and starting to bush out by 4 weeks old, and my autos currently growing were over a foot tall and had dime sized buds already at 4 weeks old.

sorry for the run on, hope it helps, major points, feed when needed NEVER before seed leaves yellow, starting with a good soil mix will prolong the time before feedings are needed, and in my opinion 2 weeks tops after seed breaks soil transplant out of cups and into vegging containers.

SK2K I got you man, this grow I am going to ease it on with nutes. This is my second grow, and on both I started with full strength nutes. This go around I am gonna take your path and work it...exactly like you stated.

Those plants in the cup are more like 4 days old lol, not weeks lol. They were sowed 2 weeks ago. They will not get nutes for a long while.

I fed mine beyond belief. Never burned, took it like a champ. Taking her down this Saturday. :) (Though there's not very far "down" to take her.. LOL)

Yea thank god Ill be chopping the bubbles in a week. They are super stinky and tons and tons of trichomes all over!

The northern lights however is just now starting to show produce trichomes....it looked like a sad willow tree before lol, now it is starting to look the part. I guess the NL genetics are slow to mature fully.

My Northern Lights X Big Bud auto took about 3 weeks to start showing pistols. It was about 3 inches high with hairs shooting out. It was the silliest thing I've ever seen ROFL! :)

Checked trichs on the bubs yesterday....milky!!!!! I miscalculated the grow time. Nirvana says 6-8 weeks of flowering...which would put it at weeks 10-12 total. I am halfway through week 10 now.....I think I will be chopping very soon!

The Northern Lights has a 7-9 flowering period...so that would explain why it is lagging behind some.

The new girls

2 NL and 1 Bub

I cover the containers with cloth to block the light from the root area fyi.

I might actually stop being lazy and paint them.

EDIT: SK2K, as you can see I just transplanted them into their final homes, ty for the advice, after removing them from the cups, even though they were only a few days old, the roots had already gotten pretty cramped.

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

thats autos for you, when i first read up on autos i wasnt quite ready to believe that they grow as fast and explosive as they do, boy was i wrong lol lookin at the 2-2.5ft tall monsters i got going now that are already as fat and dense as some of my previous harvests at 10 weeks and these autos are still 4 weeks from chop and already huge. violent explosive growth is right, glad yah upgraded their homes lol im sure they appreciate the new leg room

SK2K: any thoughts on chopping the bub's tonight? The pics are near the top of this page. I will post an update when the lights turn back on in a couple hours. They are on a 20/4 schedule.

Well Ive decided to take the safe route after reading some journals and let it ride another week, whats 7 days when you have been plugging away at it for 11 weeks.

There are alot of lower branches that look like they could use the time. Although being an auto it may not matter, that may be all I get....which BTW is much more per plant it looks like than I ever expected.

So I have chopped the smallest of the plants, one of the bubblicious plants.

Trichomes were mostly milky with some clear left here and there.

The buds are drying in my box I made....I am going to go down and take pics in a minute.

Latest posts

Back