Autos and tissue cultures....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannabiscotti

Reaction score
anyone ever attempted or heard of tissue cultures being taken from an auto?

even if the plant started flowering immediately and was very small, it would be possible to keep the genetics alive if it worked.

what do you think?

aplaisia said:
Hopefully Customs won't concern themselves with the callus cultures and the organism origin.

Dude, customs coming into the states sees something that is a culture of ANYTHING and they will high step you into a private room and grill you until someone puts your stuff under a microscope and finds out what it is. Then they'll get mad at you for trying it, take all your stuff and ruin you.

One of the things that the bad guys are talking about doing is bringing in bio-nasties and using them as a weapon.

Any cultures that come through customs have to have a declaration attached to them that is a yard long and PRE-DECLARED. If they catch you at the gate with cultures, you're gonna be a star...in a bad way.

Bad idea.

made it about 70 pages into that Ebook so far. very interesting. so basically, to culture trichs, one would just need to add the right horomones, instead of those promoting root or shoot growth?

and whats your take on turning "on" the genes for woody developement? do you think it would really make the plant a perennial?

and once it is done, whatever transgenic changes are made, it would only need done once. then simple seed production. if the florescense-gene is readily available over the internet, i'd try that for sure. i'm in no means able to set this up for myself to try, atleast for a while.

i wonder if there have been any experiments out there where they tried to culture a leaf or something?

aplaisia said:
I don't know if it is possible to specifically culture trichomes...

Specifically developing trichome cells from a trichome culture hasn't happened, (that I'm aware of), but shoot development has been accomplished using tobacco trichome cultures.

I've attached an article that discusses that accomplishment.

Some day, they'll figure a way to add more trichomes to a plant through cell culture. The advances from that are endless in use.

You'd be able, literally, to make MJ that was 1000 times stronger by building a plant that would create 1000 times more thc of just the right type.

Man, would I like to see that one in my lifetime.

View attachment jnlpdf.php.pdf

I suppose if you take your culture down to callus and then back to shoot and root from there you might reset the plant's clock.

This thread is 3 years old.

Someone needs to revoke ronnie's pass unless he calms done on the random posting.

damn! not again! I apologize. My bad!
btw, what is this red bar with my posts? you all have green and I have red. what is this?

haaaaaa... dang ok... "read your own sig' line"!!!...:giggle:
hang in there ronnie!.. you'll figure it out

Latest posts

Back