B.H.O. Made Simple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Walt...I have no fargen idea w t f you guys are talked about. I have my decarbed pot and 190 proof in the freezer. I have read gray wolves post and will give this a try probably tomorrow as I'm busy today. My only question is after I fill the jar the first time and then drain it do I use a whole new batch of 190 proof or recycle the first batch again. Hope that made sense.

Always use fresh ETOH for your rinse. If you don't then you're not going to extract anything other than some additional polar compounds since the cannabinoids have already mostly been extracted in the first run. The fresh alcohol will grab anything remaining as well as rinse out much of what's left behind in the extracted material. The lab results I have from this indicates that the rinse (2nd run) will net an additional 25% to the total yield.

This is the way I do it in my kitchen. It's kind of long. This is for a tincture and if all the alcohol is removed then you will have RSO as the concentrated form. That's because it's decarbed and it's rather harsh to smoke. It's mainly a medical product. If you want a smoking concentrate, you would not decarb the material nor would you let it soak for more than a few seconds/minutes to minimize the polar compounds.
magiciendisparait.gif

Last edited:
So Sam just real quickly. It's Saturday night I just made a batch of q w e t and want to try it. I saw in your post you said it's not good for smoking but if I put a drop in a bowl would that work just to see what happened or is there some other way without frying my marble totally keep in mind this is my first time with this. Smoked flowers for 40 years but other than that nothing more than hash and Keef.

So Sam just real quickly. It's Saturday night I just made a batch of q w e t and want to try it. I saw in your post you said it's not good for smoking but if I put a drop in a bowl would that work just to see what happened or is there some other way without frying my marble totally keep in mind this is my first time with this. Smoked flowers for 40 years but other than that nothing more than hash and Keef.

Oh, sure. It works. I did the same thing when I first started. I still smoke it at times by putting some on a rolling paper and roll a joint with it. If you made RSO with decarbed material and a soak then it's harsh but not too bad. If it wasn't decarbed and a quick process then there's should be no problem at all. Just a little distinction of terminology for the same process to help: Whether a soak or a quick wash, if it's decarbed then it's RSO and if no decarb, QWET. Either can be put in with a bowl and be smoked but the QWET will taste better.

In fact, the QWET should be of a higher cannabinoid content than the RSO due to the additional plant compounds that make it special for medical applications. Those take up room in your final product so you'll have less room for your cannabinoids. QWET is mostly just your cannbinoids and waxes and such.

If your batch still has alcohol then just let it dry before you light it.

I also smoked for over 40 years and didn't get into this stuff until my state legalized medical. I jumped in head first.
8d9213dd5a803751c624d42cd19ea4573a5c357b.gif

I derived my process from Dr. Jay Cavanaugh and I must say that I was quite pleased to later see that SkunkPharms used similar techniques. Their's was more lab oriented while mine was kitchen basics. Every new process I came up with was checked with Skunk to see if they had something similar that I could compare notes with. The one thing I do owe them for is showing me how to decarb concentrate in hot oil. And I have things they never touched. Some other things from them was an unmitigated disaster for me. We were running on the same paths coming from different directions. Unfortunately. Graywolf and I haven't had the opportunity to directly communicate. View attachment 283865
Welcome aboard PSam! Always good to meet new kindred spirits!

Oh, sure. It works. I did the same thing when I first started. I still smoke it at times by putting some on a rolling paper and roll a joint with it. If you made RSO with decarbed material and a soak then it's harsh but not too bad. If it wasn't decarbed and a quick process then there's should be no problem at all. Just a little distinction of terminology for the same process to help: Whether a soak or a quick wash, if it's decarbed then it's RSO and if no decarb, QWET. Either can be put in with a bowl and be smoked but the QWET will taste better.

In fact, the QWET should be of a higher cannabinoid content than the RSO due to the additional plant compounds that make it special for medical applications. Those take up room in your final product so you'll have less room for your cannabinoids. QWET is mostly just your cannbinoids and waxes and such.

If your batch still has alcohol then just let it dry before you light it.

I also smoked for over 40 years and didn't get into this stuff until my state legalized medical. I jumped in head first. View attachment 283881

We used QWET to limit the uptake of molecules longer than C-22, such as ~C-30 waxes C-40 carotene, C-55 chlorophyll, and C-55 pheophytin.

We made an effort to limit the chlorophyl in our Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO) (RSO) because although it is salubrious in reasonable amounts, it causes some folks severe gastric distress in concentration.

I no longer smoke anything, but still vaporize and prefer my dabs to be free of water soluble and longer chain molecules. The C-10 through C-22 contains all the terpenes, terpenoids, and cannabinoids that I need for full effect without the harshness.

Here is how I rolled with oil. I first painted the inside of a rolling paper, except the glue, then rubbed it against another paper to thin it out and share with the second paper. I kept adding new papers to the mix until the film was thin and uniform, and then rolled a joint with the oil side in.

Effective, but harsh to smoke. I once shared one during a potion making class break and had both the instructor and all 12 students coughing at the same time.

You can also mix it with ground weed and smoke it in a pipe like hash.

Attachments

• Oiling paper 1.jpg
    Oiling paper 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Oiling paper- 2.jpg
    Oiling paper- 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Oiling paper 4.jpg
    Oiling paper 4.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Oiling paper 5.jpg
    Oiling paper 5.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Oiling paper 6.jpg
    Oiling paper 6.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
If your QWET is golden clear, smoke away, it will be delicious. Its the RSO (more like a tar as ALL the polar stuff is in there too) that is a little harsh. Doesnt have that delicious vapor taste pure QWET will have. We smoked it in hash oil pipes, which look and function like crack/meth pipes. Or dab it I guess. Or one of those vap thingies.

Bubba

If your QWET is golden clear, smoke away, it will be delicious. Its the RSO (more like a tar as ALL the polar stuff is in there too) that is a little harsh. Doesnt have that delicious vapor taste pure QWET will have. We smoked it in hash oil pipes, which look and function like crack/meth pipes. Or dab it I guess. Or one of those vap thingies. Bubba

FECO aka RSO is a mixture of aromatic hydrocarbons from about 10 carbon long molecules, to at least C-55. Besides our coveted terpenes, terpenoids, and cannabinoids, that includes ~C-30 plant waxes, C-40 carotene, and C-55 chlorophyll/pheophytin, as well as a myriad of new stuff found regularly now that folks are able to look at it in legal labs full of talented fertile minds. Mother Nature's kitchen.................

QWET attempts to limit the molecules longer than about C-22, which have hotter vaporization points, if we are going to vaporize it and inhale it into our lungs.

You can also chill the extraction process below -50C/-50F using dry ice to get even better exclusion of the undesireables for inhaling.

Lastly, you can let the QWET solution sit in a freezer at -18C/0F for 24 hours and most of the non polar plant waxes and lipids will have precipitated into suspension that can be readily filtered out before removing the alcohol from the concentrate.

Golden and it was great. Not harsh at all. Kief is harsh.

The harshness from kif is due to cellulose in the trichome shafts and discs, as well as any other plant cellulose included. If you put kif on a 450F Nail, you can taste the scorched cellulose flavor.
Isn't that the truth? It's hard for me to keep up in my old age. View attachment 283951

Or find the energy............................

Latest posts

Back