Badly topped plant!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THC

Novice Grower
Reaction score
Hey guys... this is my first grow, its a Euphoria plant, which is bout 1 month n a week old. Last week (5 days ago) it was the first time i topped it, but i missed the toppin spot, n i cut the whole top part off, leaving a cut stem at the very top of the plant. I came back from a 5 day leave, n now my plant has dried out at the bottom part, and the top part has bent down causing the whole plant to bend. Ill try to post some pics soon. Is there ANYTHIN i can do rite now to help it survive? Please help !!!

i actually had my cleaner come in and water it once last week (since she's 65 n she has no idea what it is, she thinks it's a biology project n that the plant is like a bean plant) n so it should be arrite with the amount of water... i jus basically cut off the whole top part of the plant below the tops n left lke an inch of stem jus hangin there....(coz it was ma first time toppin n i obviously f*kd it up)... n now i dunno wat to do with it.. :(

Ok guys, here are the pics, one of them is the plant on its own, with all the leaves completely drooping as if it was totally overwatered (altho this is not possible) and the other pic is the plant supported by a string holding the top part up.

DSC04516.JPG

DSC04517.JPG

well this is because its stressed as crap, you cut off the top, its trying to heal:eek:

yeh i know... bt thats kinda statin the obvious..
i jus wanted to know whether this is like the last days of ma plant, or whether it might still continue growin in the future, or whether i need to help it out in some way in order to help it survive...?

it will contuine to grow, who knows may split, give it some time, once all the leaves turn yellow and crispy, is when you know its dead. I would just start a new grow looking at that pics, just keep it around a few weeks, see what happens

Reactions: THC
Btw, lookin at those pics, n hyperthetically, if the plant would manage to grow on, dnt u think the plants are a little bit too tall n the leaves are at too big intervals from each other? also, tell me, if i would like to turn to 12/12, (supposing that the plant was healthy) would the current height, amount of leaves etc, b fine if i jus wanted to flower a small plant?

Your plants look fine. The one might be a bit droopy but it looks healthy. I noticed some water on the leaves are you foliar feeding? Yes you could toss them into flower if ya wanted but the longer ya veg the more bud you will get when the time comes to harvest.

nahh... i jus gave 'em a squirt of water onto the leaves in order to try to make them feel a bit better.... :)
btw, why would any1 foliar feed...? i mean is it better in any way than standard feeding techniques?

Some say foliar feeding works others say it doesn't. We have never done it ourselves so really couldn't give you a straight up answer. Maybe someone who has foliar fed their plants before can jump in and give their 2 cents. ;)

Looks thirsty to me and a bit shocked from the topping but over all it doesnt appear to be in bad health, IMO giver it another drink and some time to heal formt he toppin as was said. it also looks a bit streached what kind of lighting are you using and how far off are they? Oh and that plant may be a bit root bound too man if your wanting a huge monster of a plant you may want to consider a bigger potter and that baby will take off like a rocket in no time ;) Ive used water to foiler feed with before it didnt really seem to have much effect on the over all plant growth but IMO it does make the plant side branches and leaves stronger from the slight added weight of the water.

THC said:
Ok guys, here are the pics, one of them is the plant on its own, with all the leaves completely drooping as if it was totally overwatered (altho this is not possible) and the other pic is the plant supported by a string holding the top part up.

Your plant looks fine! A drink of water should do it. I spray mine on a daily basis. I dont water every 2 days or whatever, when the top soil is dry i water wich is every day. I add a nute or 2. Botanicare bloom or liq karma or both. You plants look fine to me. What about all you guys help this guy out.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Some say foliar feeding works others say it doesn't. We have never done it ourselves so really couldn't give you a straight up answer. Maybe someone who has foliar fed their plants before can jump in and give their 2 cents. ;)

Foliar feed with KELP! Go to www.maximumyield.com read past articles. these guys know their ****.

With that much stress dont be surprised if it grows into a hermie :shocked:

i never foiler feed, but a good time to do so is when your having problems, like underwatering or a nute deficiency Yes your plant looks fine, the leaves intervals have nothing to do with anything, what you want to see, is a bunch of bud sites, not leaves. You want lots of branchs that alternate. You plant is a little streched, thats why its not short, stout and bushy. Once you flip the light to 12/12, it works magic, You will be amazed on all the new growth.

If you decide to foliar feed use a SUPER DILUTED solution. Also plants can only absorb through the bottom of the leaves (or so I have learned) so as you spray with one hand, lift the leaves with the other.

Also I would recommend you only do it a few times during veg and NEVER during flower, or else your buds will taste like whatever you just sprayed 'em with. Rinsing them would only cause a possibility for mold.

headband said:
(...)Yes your plant looks fine, the leaves intervals have nothing to do with anything, what you want to see, is a bunch of bud sites, not leaves. You want lots of branchs that alternate. You plant is a little streched, thats why its not short, stout and bushy.(...)

Yehh... i realised it too... so tell me what should i do in the future when i grow new plants, in order to make them less stretched?

The lights i use are 2 X 60cm (2X 2ft. long) fluorescent tubes (20 watts each), basically just for one plant, n they are hanged bout 8 cm (bout 3 inches?) above the top of the plant. The humidity is bout 40%, n ma temperature alternates from 25-27 `C. N i was wonderin whether these conditions make it so stretched n not as bushy as i'd want it to be.

THC said:
Yehh... i realised it too... so tell me what should i do in the future when i grow new plants, in order to make them less stretched?

The lights i use are 2 X 60cm (2X 2ft. long) fluorescent tubes (20 watts each), basically just for one plant, n they are hanged bout 8 cm (bout 3 inches?) above the top of the plant. The humidity is bout 40%, n ma temperature alternates from 25-27 `C. N i was wonderin whether these conditions make it so stretched n not as bushy as i'd want it to be.

You just need more light thats why there stretched. You are going to need more light in flower for sure.

absolutely, more light for sure. i`d forget about foliar feeding unless essential/plants dying.
you want to shoot for between 3-5000 lumens per sq ft.

Latest posts

Back