BC GOD BUD - Hydro DWC (Updated Bi-Weekly!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegendaryGT

Reaction score
Hello to all and welcome to my journal!

I will be purchasing my BC God Bud seeds soon from the BC Bud depot and thought I would get an early start on this journal. I'm going to try to be as thorough as possible so that anyone can read this journal and go to it themselves. I will also answer any questions as well as be open to any criticism.

It will be a two room set-up, the standard mother/clone/veg (with a 400w MH) cab and a flower cab (with two 400w HPS). The flower cab will have enough room for approx. 40 plants.

To start off, I will post the list of products needed, as well as their estimated costs:

- power cord, maybe 2 (HQ, surge protection, long cord) = $12
- seeds (BC God Bud from the BCBD) = $100
- 2x 400w HPS bulb, ballast and reflector combo (HIDhut.com) = $280
- 1x MH bulb, ballast and reflector combo (HIDhut.com) = $140
- Panda Poly Paper (I like this better than mylar just for it's thickness) 100' = $65
- 6-8 tubs about 30cm by 50cm and 30-60cm deep, white lids. = $30
- Disposable ziplock tupperware containers = $10
- Submersible pump (at approx. 300gph) = $20
- Air pump (15-20w or 30-80L with 1/4" ID) = $55
- Air stones (bulk pack that has between 8-15) = $50
- Milwaukee Smart 3-in-1 (pH/EC/TDS) meter = $150
- pH calibration solution (up+down) = $15
- Carbon filter (the materials used to make it or in the DIY thread) = $70
- Ducting (6 inch, about 25 feet) = $40
- 2x 6inch in-line duct fans = $80
- Nutrients (Micro, Grow, Bloom. Gallon of each.) = $100
- Thermometer/hydrometer with probe (HTGsupply.com) = $15
- 3 heavy duty timers with 3-prong plug = $50
- 40-50 net pots = $30
- 100 rockwool cubes = $15
- 20-40L of hydroton = $25
- wood = $100
- picture hanging wire = $15
- screws, hooks, hinges, locks = $40
- 3x rolls of REAL duct tape (the shiny stuff) = $10
- 2 small house fans = $30
- root/cloning solution = $8
- nursery flat tray = $2
- stick-and-zip zipper = $10

For a total of: $1567 for a very good hydroponic system that will produce high-quality and high-quantity of buds.

Did I forget anything?... One question I have is if two 400w HPS is enough light for approx. 40 plants spread out over about 25sq.ft.?

Stay tuned for updates because as soon as the seeds come in, the pics come out!

Are you going to get a mother plant or are you planning to remove males?

40 plants in 25 sq/ft is beyond tight, are you going 12/12 from seed?

For best results you need 5000 lumens per sq/ft, 2 400 HPS leave you about 25,000 lumens short.

Sounds like you got a great shopping list and plan cant wait to see!

I'm going from seed so I will have to remove the males.

I am NOT going 12/12 from seed. I will grow them to about 8-12 inches and then flower.

I think the 1 plant per square foot rule of thumb is crap. I'd like to think 1.5 plants should fit into a square foot. 25sq.ft. X 1.5plant/sq.ft. = 37.5 plants. The cab might be bigger than 25sq.ft. as well so I'm still aiming for about 40 plants.

And ya, those two lights push out 111000 lumen together leaving me 14000 lumen short so my question is what is the cheapest light I can get that pushes out 14000 lumen. I may just add another 400w light kit but that seems to be a bit overkill.

Just ordered the seeds! We decided against dealing with the BC Bud Depot because of bad reviews. Ended up getting 10 Big Bud, 10 THC Bomb, 10 Ice and 10 Purple Power from marijuana-seeds.nl

All of them flower between 7-9 weeks, and have very large yields with decent THC percentages.

Not going to get lights from HIDhut.com. They are very low priced (400w HPS ballast, bulb and reflector for 139.99); but shipping for just one light is over $100 so it's not viable.

I think I'm just gonna check out my local hydro shop and try and squeeze a deal.

Seeds have just arrived! 10 Big Bud, 10 Purple Power, 10 THC Bomb, 10 Ice and 5 FREE Super Silver Haze. We bought them from marijuana-seeds.nl and I have to give it to them, they did a great job. Shipping took 2 weeks, the credit card billing was discreet, the stealth packaging kept them safe and out of custom's hands. All in all, a very good experience and I recommend that site to everyone!

Latest posts

Back