Pencaps Ice/Afghani DWC/Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pencap

Ok, Ordered my seeds from Marijuana Seeds (cannabis Seeds) High Quality Low Prices Got 10 Ice, and 5 free. They were mailed to the US from Amst in 6 days. Ordered and recieved 2
150watt HPS for 16 bucks each from Amazon. The day the lights got here, I germinated the 5 Afg.s in paper towel, and 24 hrs later every one popped a tap root.
Lights in my 2x3 sq ft area are blinding, and pretty hot. have to figure out a vent. plan, as the first two hours temps got to 90+*. Outside air temps were in the 70's on that day, but since a cold front has come through with temps 50 to low 30's outside that left the room tems at a perfect 80*. Humidity fluctuating from 25-45%. As long as winter stays in tx, heat shouldnt be a prob.....but still gonna cut a hole somewhere for heat exhaust.

72 hours after dropping germ.s into soil, were giving birth! Labor is intense, as an expecting father, I'm bi-hourly checking to see for little green heads to pop up!. Two outta five are popin out to their first day of 100 lumens per sq ft!

My plan is to experiment by transplanting seedlings into the dwc. I've a few soil grows under my belt, one hydro down, but I've never transplanted from soil to DWC before.....figured I'd do the freebies as guinea pigs~ I want a good root system before transplanting. Just too scared to **** with dropping a seed into rock wool. Gonna go with what I know works for me!

Still need a few more things for my DWC set up, such as medium and air/pump/stones/lines. I'll be using GH Flora Grow, and ph Down. GH ph test.
No ppm meter as of yet, but not needed at the moment....Gotta go take a peek. I'm a FATHER!!!!

Went out and checked, now have 3 babies outta 5~ sure by am the other two will pop up.
Also took the venting matter to heart and cut a 4x6 inch hole in the ceiling....There will be NO heat problems now, I could feel the cold air coming in from under the door....now just gotta keeep optimum temps, and get those supplies for the dwc. Temp was 78 and hum 30% @ 8:45......gonna go back and check every 1/2 hour to see how cool its gettin in there....hope not too much...sheeat, in 15 min it dropped a degree and dropped a %....fixed that REAL fast!!

1:00 am, gave birth to #4 with a little luck the "runt" should pop up by sun up!

Heres the link to the HPS, but the prices fluctuate....got mine 4 16 dollars, and the next day the price doubled....
For those of you on a budget...

Ok......small update...
went to Lowes, bought a 25 lb bag of Lava Sand for 1.50....got it cheap cuz it was a "busted bag"....took it home, got out the collander (spaghetti strainer) and strained that whole bag to get some premium chunks ov lava rock for my medium. Wasted over 3/4 of it to the strainer....Most of it WAS sand....Made quite a mess on the patio, but me and the "rent a kids" had quite a time playing in the water/sand/mud/ GRAVEL! (cheap labor)
The Lava Rocks, are the same thing...but this Lava sand is finer....you have to strain it, rinse it, and strain and wash it agian....Finaly got it clean

Now have 6 net pots worth of medium for 1.50!! Now I'm scanning craigs list for "Freebie" aquarium pumps.....Total cost so far.........
1.50 Lava Sand 25 lb bag
7.00 45 watt cfl (lumens 18000??)
8.00 lamp w/shield
16.oo HPS 150 watt lamp
16.oo HPS 150 watt lamp
Free shipping
6.47 Temp/ humidity gague
13.oo GH Flora
17.oo GH PH down
6.oo GH PH Test kit (dropletts/chart)
2.97 Walmart brand Organic soil mix

Seeds...........10 Ice,40.00 + 5 Afg.free
Ice and Afhgani

SUB total

Scavenged items....
1 20 gallon rubbermaid tote w/lid
2 4 gallon "food grade" buckets w/ air tight lids
12 foot of chain for hanging lights...
2x4 foot OSB ply wood to mount lights on
25 ft extension cord
6 outlet power strip
Electrical tape
2 Coat hangers to fasten hanging hooks to osb light platform to chains...
6 " 6 "home made net pots, made from butter tubs...just drill a **** load of
1/8 inch holes every where"
CRAP...........That's All I can think of....Cuz I cant think anymore!!!!

The 5 babies are doing fine....one is already shooting up HER second set of leaves! I'm an optimist....HER!!!
Need to get those Air pumps soon and transplant into the DWC...........

Will send pics as soon as I get a digi cam....
Temps are holding steady at 75-80*
Humidity fluctuating from 23 to 35

Post any suggestions, comments...will reply to alll!
Good growing to each, blessings to those that comment!

got some extra cash this afternoon, went to Wally world and bought
1 15" bubble stone
2 5 " bubble stones
2 "T" fittings,
25 ft of tubing
1 Aqua Culture double outlet 20/60 gallon air pump with 2 check valves
1 Brinks #42-1010 Timer

Sub total = 28.07

Previous total carried foreward 92.44
Wally world today 28.07

As of today total 120.51

STARTED PAINTING THE TUBS A CHOCOLATE BROWN,another scavenged item (paint)
Going for second coat right now....

BTW...I went to the pet shop to compare prices/GPM on the air pumps,...and the pet dude said when you buy the air stones??? You should boil them for a minute or two...It improves air flow!!! Also after a few months when they start to clog...take em out and re boil them....
So I did.........

Transplanted the 5 babies into the DWC set up, 2 4 gallons, and one 18 gallon tub. Everything seems to be "growing great". There was little problen transplanting from soil into the DWC tanks. Maybe an hours worth of drooping, but by midnight, everyone was perky..24 hours later I swaer I can see new growth. I'm glad I transplanted when I did, the roots had already reached the bottom of the starter cups! (started them in 5 one liter soda bottles cut in half.) Still looking for a cheap digi cam...cant figure out how to upload pics to my pc from my phone...) Take care!

Roots are poking out of the butter tubs now...looks like I'm in the clear!

SITE RULES

ha i thought i was the only one to skew the dwc to better fit my needs here. i always start mine in the dirt. i got 16 oz cups made i bunto net pots. marijuanas no to preferencial on where and how it grow just good temps and something to eat. i got my 150 watter at e-conolight for 20 and an extra bulb for 6 buck so you got me beat there. looks great hombre keep it up.

2 of the 5 afgani's are a little weak, so i germinated 2 of the Ice seeds.
I put them into "The Towel" on the 8th, they cracked and were planted on the 9th, and sprouted on the 10th.........theese Ice Sativas are itching to run!
I'm going to continue vegging the Afghani for 10 more days, then yank the two weekest ones, and transplant into DWC the two Ice and Flower the whole batch.....
Meaning that the Ice will only veg for 10 days.......I'm placing bets that 12 weeks from the Day they go into the DWC, they will be taller, if not fuller than the Afghan.....any takers???

The 3 great Afg. are a stout 4 inches as of today, appear to be growing 1/2 inch a day....they are pushing out lateral branches.
Fan leaves went from 1 to 3 to 7 pointers, and they smell pretty good.
Should be getting a digi cam for x-mas, so by then I'll have us some pretty good pics!!

Ice babies are two days old, and the root taps have already hit the bottom of a 6 inch cup.........if the stem/leaves/buds grow as fast as thos roots, I'm gonna be in trouble!!

Looking good Pencap. Here's some GREEN MOJO for the little one's. ;)

Latest posts

Back