Beaten, battered, and bruised

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still a pup on the porch, but seen you guys mentioning Capt. K? I'm assuming Captain Kangaroo. I watched him when I was a kid w/ bill cosby doin picture pages. I even sent a get well card in when he had his heart attack or something. (heck I was only 4). Amazing what you remeber when watching your own kids play.

OK, Stoney. You made your first appearance on the planet 18 years before me. Glad your'e still kicking around at 73. I hit 55 next month and can't wait for my senior discount. I wonder if the guy I buy weed from occaisionally will honor my AARP card. I do remember Superman quite well. Steve Reeves was the first one on TV. Yeah, hangin' out in Metropolis with Clark every afternoon at 4:00 EST (check your local listings) was a big deal for us after-school watchers. Good times then. Good times now. And thanks to you for hangin' around this Taco Stand and sharing your experiences and advice.

And MizzMello, if we sawed you in half and counted the rings, how many would we find?
Your posts have inspired my tired brain to remember more TV show casts and character names. I was out for a walk with the dog telling her all these names -- Roy and Trigger and his dog Rusty (?), Dale and Buttermilk, Gabby and his jeep LuLubelle (? anyone remember?). OK, so it was mindless TV shows but at least we were spared the excess of violence that graces the (big-screen) 'tubes' of today. We could at least go back to the 80s where T&A was more important than violence -- or you could tune into Charlies Angels and get the best of both worlds. Who doesn't enjoy watching buxom women beat the slop outta some male chauvinist pig. Whoo-eee, it don't get no better. The good times never end. :cool:

... and I've always had my suspicions about Mr. Green Jeans growin' weed behind the Captain's place. He was WAY too mellow not to have been a stoner. :cool:

bmello said:
Wow Mr. Wizard!!! You are doing wonderful for your age, and you have got me beat. My father was born in 1920 and was a pearl harbor survivor, so I wish I could still listen to his stories, since he has passed, but love to listen to anyone that has stories so give us what you got, would love to hear more anytime!!! In fact, I have a pic of my dad when he won his first color TV back in the mid 70s, it was a compact size!!! Love to reminisce!! :cool:
Ha! There have been times when I thought my body was trying to kill me, and it was me that was killin it. I drank grease most of my life. In my time, having meat to put on the table three times a day meant you were MAKIN it! I grew up making sure I had a little piece of fat on every bite. OMG!!!! Now I have this set of scars on my chest and leg. 5 little dashes in the one on my leg. THAT wasn't fun.

Now, I eat pretty good health wise, and I drink only twice what the doc wants me to. I have my weed. My very first crop of weed was what you could call a natural one. I threw out the seeds and walked on em. The plants grew great and spread a little every year. It was weed from Thailand and it was about 1949 or so. I never quit smoking my weed from that time on. There have been dry spells before I found out how to do proper Hydroponic weed. Now, I've got 8 pounds total in the closet that is what I call my tips. I take just the very tips off of enough tops to give me my own "best-of" stash. Each tip is just the size for a one hitter on the bong.

You ought to see the faces of the young people who come out of the place I go to shoot pool. I'll step out to smoke a pinner and I'll hold a toke in while they walk by. When I let it out, I always here someone say like they saw a ghost; "That OLD guy back there was smoking some weed man, NO SHIT!) Some come back and get lucky. I share a little pinner with a couple or three of em and they all get glassy eyed and swayin. Hhahaahaha. "Hey man, this is some great shit" is the best compliment in the world to a grower like me.

They take it easy on me on the pool table then. I get em all messed up and THEN we play for drinks. Hahahahahahaha.

You want a story? I'll tell you one that was a big laugh on me!

I was in a place called "Joes Place" in Hawthorne Nevada back in about 1980. I was working in a mine in Gabbs Nevada, about 60-80 miles just down the road. I had been shooting pool all day and had a great buzz goin. I won the last ten games or so and thought I was hot shit.

A bus from Vegas to Reno stopped there every evening for a 15 minute break. This little guy about 5 foot tall dressed in a fancy suit and a "Mafia" type hat comes in off the bus. I'm standing there "owning" the table and he says "Ya wanna shoot one kid?" I'm in my 40's then. I say sure, it's my table. That means he has to rack em. Good ole quarter tables.

I'm getting down on my pitcher of beer and I say to him, "You want to shoot for a picture or the price?" He says "Naw, lets just shoot for fun".

I thought, what a wussy. Oh well. No other action so what the hell.

I broke em and didn't make anything.

He called every single thing he did, and he did plenty.

He ran the table twice and the bus tooted. He dipped his hat at me and thanked me for the games.

Holy Crap!

What if he'd wanted my money?

Ha!

Reverend Willis said:
I was out for a walk with the dog telling her all these names -- Roy and Trigger and his dog Rusty (?), Dale and Buttermilk
Oh Good Gawd! I was IN LOVE with Dale Evens. When she sang, it sounded like angels from heaven comin to take me away.

Happy Trails to you, until we meet againnnnnnnnn! Oh yeah, what a hottie!

And she never once went mftfaddafmttttt dda ssk mfttttt ddddddd bwaaa. Man, I used to watch her tassles swayin and it made me crazy!

I was old enough to be jelous of Roy Rogers. Damn, if she'd just seen me first!

Yeah, the only superman I ever saw was the first one. The new ones would ruin the memory. Like I said, I was way too old to be caught watchin superman, but if the truth be known, I loved that show and looked forward to it every time I saw it. We never lose the kid in us.

Hey, I KNOW Mr. Greenjeans had a grow room. You're right man, the dude was way too mellow to not be cool. You remember he sometimes would have a weed in his mouth? NOW we know what it was. Freakin Maui-Wowie. Dude even started singin once in awhile.

And how about Rin-tin-tin?

Mutt said:
I am still a pup on the porch, but seen you guys mentioning Capt. K? I'm assuming Captain Kangaroo. I watched him when I was a kid w/ bill cosby doin picture pages.
Did you know that:

Bob Keeshan, later famous as television's "Captain Kangaroo," best known for his portrayals of Captain Kangaroo and Clarabell the Clown also enlisted in the U.S. Marines, but he did so too late to see any action during World War II. Keeshan was born on 27 June 1927 and enlisted two weeks before his 18th birthday, several months after the fighting at Iwo Jima. In a 1997 interview, Keeshan explained that he "enlisted in the U.S. Marines but saw no combat" because he signed up "just before we dropped the atom bomb."

And if you like old westerns, how about Audie Murphy (June 20, 1924 - May 28, 1971) was an American soldier in World War II, and later a successful actor. In 27 months of combat action, he became the most decorated soldier in the history of the U.S. Army. Murphy received the Medal of Honor, the military's highest award for valor, along with 32 additional medals awarded for bravery and service. In the later part of his life, he went on to have a successful movie career, including the extremely popular To Hell and Back.

CLICK HERE

I heard the dude had nads as big a basketballs. Would run right through machine gun bullets and shit and never get hit.

Dear Rev, I must confess, I am the youngest of you and Stoney, born in 1959, but it was a great decade!!!! Yes I do remember all of those, my dad and I would watch all the westerns, his favs. I loved Big Valley...I am sure you two guys loved Linda Evans...I had a huge crush on Heath!!! Lee Majors...and of course the bad boy brother, Nick... but as you can see Clint is the greatest, what was the name of his character, Rowdy Yates, yum yum!!!

To Mr. Wizard, I believe I have a big ole crush on you... you and the Rev keep me smiling when I come on this website and I am lovin it...Thanks and keep it up!!!!;)

bmello said:
Dear Rev, I must confess, I am the youngest of you and Stoney, born in 1959, but it was a great decade!!!! Yes I do remember all of those, my dad and I would watch all the westerns, his favs. I loved Big Valley...I am sure you two guys loved Linda Evans...

To Mr. Wizard, I believe I have a big ole crush on you... you and the Rev keep me smiling when I come on this website and I am lovin it...Thanks and keep it up!!!!;)
Man! Now that Dale is out of the picture, you better watch out!

Ha! Linda Evans? Naw, I never even looked at her t... Whooops. Terrier, she had a boston terrier. I think she had a pair of em. Terriers that is.

No, I never even noticed she was on the show.

Yeah. Linda Evans was a cutie. She was definitely an old Cadillac kind of girl. She had a nice set of bumper bullets on her grill. :cool:
moooo bueno.

Hey Rev, is that you in the pic? Sure are a cutie!!!;)

Yes, MizMello. It is the Revernator, circa 1959. Dang right I was a cute Cub Scout. I know how the ladies like a guy in uniform. You were being fitted for your first diapers 'bout that time, huh. :cool:

Yes I was, and you are right, we women love a guy in uniform...can you still fit into it?!!!!!:D

bmello said:
Yes I was, and you are right, we women love a guy in uniform...can you still fit into it?!!!!!:D
A comedienne, huh. I could probably fit into the pup tent we used for camping... but I couldn't close the flap. :cool:

LOL!!! That is hilarious, don't tell me you still have the tent, are you a packrat?

Hey you three didn't mean to evesdrop on you guyz but I have to say that I have learned a few things on this thread. I'm just sitting here wondering why non of you guyz where my grandparents. If so I'm sure my summers as a kid would have been a lot more intrestin. I'm not saying that because you all smoke weed but because of the history and knowledge that you all so freely share.

Thanks Again Stoney(I'm going to go to all the pool halls in my city tonight and look for an older man with a pinner so don't be allarmed when I ask you to pass the pinner) Rev. ( I understand why7 you where so upset about the girlfriend post after reading this thread and getting to know some of who you are ) Bmello (not to be rude but you seem a lot like my mom one of the coolest mid-aged women I know)

Thanks for the storys U 3

Kindmind

KindMind said:
Hey you three didn't mean to eavesdrop on you guyz but I have to say that I have learned a few things on this thread. I'm just sitting here wondering why non of you guyz where my grandparents. If so I'm sure my summers as a kid would have been a lot more intrestin. I'm not saying that because you all smoke weed but because of the history and knowledge that you all so freely share.

Thanks Again Stoney(I'm going to go to all the pool halls in my city tonight and look for an older man with a pinner so don't be alarmed when I ask you to pass the pinner)

Thanks for the storys U 3

Kindmind

I already have a set of groupies man. When I take a break from playing, several people seem to show up consistently. I don't give a shit, I have plenty. I do use my head tho and I never get stupid with the pubic thing.

If you ask the older guy out there, I'll be the antique old wrinkled bastard over in the corner watching you ask him. HA!!!!!!!!!

History? I could tell you some interesting stuff. Like Berlin. If you ever want to see a city that puts New York City to shame for action, go to Berlin for a month or so. You'll kill yourself partying. I damn near did. I was there in the 70's while I was still in the Army. WHAT A TOWN!!!!!!!!!

As for not being your grandparent, it would probably be more like your great grandad. I think I might have some offspring running around all over the world. At 73, I can still write just fine with my pencil, if you know what I mean. My problem is finding a sheet of paper to write on!!! HAHAHAHAA

Stoney Bud said:
At 73, I can still write just fine with my pencil, if you know what I mean. My problem is finding a sheet of paper to write on!!! HAHAHAHAA

Oh no Stoney ain't had his pencil sharpened in a while huh. I know this freaky red-headed nurse for ya man. I send her your way. :p

Edit: and no its not "red" sorry to dash your hopes. :D :p

Stoney, with your wit, I cannot believe you haven't lured a young and fresh little girl into your lair...;) (age requirement of course!!!!)

bmello said:
LOL!!! That is hilarious, don't tell me you still have the tent, are you a packrat?
No, I don't really have the tent. It was just another of my absurd attempts at humor. I used to be a packrat, but that was many wives ago. Now I'm just a rat. All my exes live in California so I do my rat-like scurrying on the other coast. I see you are in NorCal. I almost went to school in Humboldt but Mrs. Ratt nixed that idea in favor of San Luis Obispo. It's a bit more hoity toity to her liking. And another wife later, we almost settled in Susanville - due east of Redding in the Sierras. I can't remember why we didn't move there. I think maybe she divorced me before we could get the moving van packed.

Kind Mind... if you understand me better now, perhaps I should have married you. Nah, it's too late in life to change sides but I have considered being bisexual. It would double my chances for a date on the weekends.
I'll talk to MzMello to see if she'd be interested in having us adopt you as a grandson. We could sit around and tell you stories about the "good ol' days"... or what we can remember. DO you mow the grass (not that kind) or do any chores for old folks? If so, we'd love to have you visit in September when we re-paint the barn.

Stoney... I still have to push my own pencil. In this fast-paced technological world, I don't have a secretary or assistant to take dicktation. Bummer. :cool:

Yep I knew a little cutie like you had women all around you!!! Yes I believe in adoption BUT, what does he bring to the table? ;)

Latest posts

Back