Been A While... How Long Til 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamJava

Reaction score
It has been quite some time since I have had to grow my own...YEARS...
I can't remember how many weeks I should stay at 18/6... before I go to 12/12 and induce flowering.... and I also can't remember if I will be able to sex the plants before flowering is induced...
I was really good at this before, but I am a total newbie again, and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron

Are we running from seed or clone? If seed it takes about 4-6 weeks to get plants with alternating nodes which means they are sexually mature...Plants will usually throw some preflowers to let you know the sex....if clones from a mature mom they are ready as soon as they throw roots. jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Are we running from seed or clone? If seed it takes about 4-6 weeks to get plants with alternating nodes which means they are sexually mature...Plants will usually throw some preflowers to let you know the sex....if clones from a mature mom they are ready as soon as they throw roots. jmo
I am growing from seed, and my plants are about 2 weeks old now...

CamJava said:
I am growing from seed, and my plants are about 2 weeks old now...

Most of my plants from seed show sex in 4-6 weeks.....when you start getting alternating nodes on your plants they shld also start showing preflowers. Jmo

I would recommend running your veg lights 24/7. Marijuana is in a class of plants that does not need a dark period while vegging. It will grow all the time lights and proper environment are maintained. A light schedule of 18/6 prolongs vegging and encourages stretch and fewer bud sites.

Do you have adequate light and ventilation for your space?

Hamster Lewis said:
if clones from a mature mom they are ready as soon as they throw roots. jmo

:yeahthat:

you can veg as long as you would like , seed or clone. since your using seed , its just easier to at least wait till she is mature an starts showing sex. then if you want a big yield from one plant you will start beating her up till she gets huge. (crop, top , lst, hst, ect...)

soil :fid:

I have but a seed plant stratight to 12/12 before and it will still grow. As everyoen said though it depends on your space if height is not a issue then i would wait for alternating nodes. Its worht the wait when your chopping down all those big buds :D

Latest posts

Back