Beginning DWC nutrition questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamburglar

Give me the Burger...
Reaction score
Gotta lotta questions. I really understand next to nothing about the feeding of a hydroponic plant.

How the should nutrition be adjusted through out it's life?

Should I change the water everytime to achieve the different nutrient balance?

How often should I change water?

What is TDS?

During the flush stage, should I just run pure water, and for how long, the typical two weeks?

Whats the best products? I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna go with the GH3, and PH up and down, but will I need anything else, or would that get me by? Then when it comes to those three products, am I adding just one at a time per growth stage or a varying combo of all 3 based on stage?

Think that is about the long and short of my questions in that regard.

All of these questions and more are answered in the stickies in these forums, I doubt you will find many members willing to waste their time to retype what is already spelled out for any who choose to read it.

If you have a specific question on something that isnt' covered in the stickies give a shout and there are plenty here that will be willing to help you.

Help us help you by taking your education into your own hands.

Tater said:
All of these questions and more are answered in the stickies in these forums, I doubt you will find many members willing to waste their time to retype what is already spelled out for any who choose to read it.

If you have a specific question on something that isnt' covered in the stickies give a shout and there are plenty here that will be willing to help you.

Help us help you by taking your education into your own hands.

I read alot about it, but still had those specific questions because the stickies didn't really answer thsoe questions definitively. One guy says one thing, another says another. I know how message boards work however, but thanks for the reminder...

Hamburglar said:
Gotta lotta questions. I really understand next to nothing about the feeding of a hydroponic plant.

How the should nutrition be adjusted through out it's life?

Should I change the water everytime to achieve the different nutrient balance?

How often should I change water?

What is TDS?

During the flush stage, should I just run pure water, and for how long, the typical two weeks?

Whats the best products? I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna go with the GH3, and PH up and down, but will I need anything else, or would that get me by? Then when it comes to those three products, am I adding just one at a time per growth stage or a varying combo of all 3 based on stage?

Think that is about the long and short of my questions in that regard.

Like Tater said, all this info is available in stickies and other threads. Since there is no definitive answers to your questions, you are going to get differing opinions. This is part of the reason that you need to read and decide for yourself what sounds best for you.

When you say that you are going with GH3, do you mean GH Flora series--grow, micro, and bloom? There is plenty of info on using GH nutes and using pH up and down.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Like Tater said, all this info is available in stickies and other threads. Since there is no definitive answers to your questions, you are going to get differing opinions. This is part of the reason that you need to read and decide for yourself what sounds best for you.

When you say that you are going with GH3, do you mean GH Flora series--grow, micro, and bloom? There is plenty of info on using GH nutes and using pH up and down.

Yeah thats what I meant by GH3. I found some pretty good info on it. I'm new to all growing, so its sorta chinese too me. But I think I could get it. Just wondered if I could find some guy who's like, "I'm super successful, do it like this." I'm not much for trial and error. I'd hate to kill an innocent plant ya know...

Thanks guys.

LOL--be prepared, you are going to kill innocent plants. I don't care how successful someone is, every once in a while they will lose a plant.

I use GH nutes. The bottles have recommended concentrations for nute solutions. I find that the recommendations are too hot for virtually all of the strains I grow. I start at 1/2 of what they recommend and work up until I start to get the slightest bit of nute burn and then back off a little bit.

I change out the reservoirs every 7-10 days or so. I top off with plain pH'd water between res changes.

I do not do a flush.

There are other very successful growers who do things differently. There is no one right answer.

Check out the grow journals plenty of step by step instructions.

Latest posts

Back