Beginning magnesium deficiency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
This is just for those who want to know what a magnesium deficiency in early stages looks like(at least in Kush plants in veg)
These are MK Ultra that I have in veg in my grow. They have been on a light diet(700ppm)so that they don't take off growing like crazy before I can get them in the flower tent. I started noticing this yellowing around the leaves of several plants there. After a few days it was getting worse. I suspected Mg def so I added about 45ml of Magical to the hydro tanks at my next top up of water/nute solution. This has been about a week ago and they are getting better. I will take a pic tomorrow to show the difference in their improvement.

In the first pic you aee the plants a couple weeks earlier before deficiency started. In the next 2 pics You can see how the yellowing occurs along the serrated edges of the leaves almost uniformly around each leaflet. On some of the leaves you can see that it is progressing further to look similar to nitrogen deficiency.

MKU1-7.JPG

MKU1-18a.JPG

MKU1-18b.JPG

hey hush, may i use these photo's, and possibly quote some of this text, and use it as part of my deficiency project?

do you have a pic with a close up of one of the leaves?

edit: also whats the genetic background on mk ultra?

2nd edit:stoned:: do the growth shoots & petoles purple before/after/same time, as the yellowing?

Hey Shortbus; yeah you can use any or all of it if it helps. The heritage of the MK is OG Kush and G13(THseeds is the breeder). It is supposed to be a mostly indica dominant but has some sativa phenotypes in the structure of the plant. I don't know if I have a close pic but I will take a look at my pics and see. I have another pic that I took today to show the contrast of improvement since I added a boost of Magical.

I didn't notice any unusual onset of purple either in the stems or petioles with the Mg def. I have seen some "purpling" leaf stems of several of my plants throughout but none have been in relation to any problems that I can tell. It has been my experience with the strains that I have grown so far that the younger leaves start out with light green stems then the "purpling" of the leaf stems comes as the leaves age. :)

So here is the updated pics of the girls after about 5 days from adding the Magical to my nutrient mix in my hydro tank. You can see significant improvement in the leaves and new growth. much of the yellowing(chlorosis) has been repaired, while there is still a little bit of permenant damage(necrosis) that can be seen on some of the leaves that were damaged worse. They were some of the older, lower leaves that were hit first.

MKU1-22a.JPG

Yo HP whats up? I'm back in the swing of things, finally! Anyways my plants are doing the same exact thing, just like the pics yellowing all the way around the edges. So I need magnesium? I'm going to get it tommorow but I've been wondering what this is or why it happens because I have seen this in many of my plants of different strains. This time its the worst I've seen, before they have always seem to pull out of it. This time I'm really concerned.

Latest posts

Back