Beginning of a perpetual grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 2 strains should I add to my grow? If you vote please leave a post on your opinion!

• Barney's LSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blim Burn GSC

• Cali Connect 818 Headband

• Cali Connect Boss Hogg

• Delicious Seeds Sugar Candy

• Emerald Triangle Cherry OG

• G13 Mozzerella

• G13 Sweet Amnesia

• G13 White Strawberry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today is day 80 from seed on the Auto Northern Hog. It's not ready yet. Close, but not yet. I'll get some pics up soon.The trichome have all gone cloudy. Pistols are now turning to brown and orange. These are the best pics I could get.
I ordered a 1500w King LED on the good recommendations of several people who use them. I can't wait to get that in there and see what it does. The nugs on the ANH are really starting to get some density now. They smell sweet too! I guess the Vander did not represent complete failure. I coulda helped the plant a lot more but I kinda just wanted to give it a stress free run. There's no nanners in the buds even though it did take the loss of two branches due to a light drop. I sort of want to order a few and try again but I think I'll wait on that until after the cure.
Great!

New light arrived and so far is in working order. It runs hotter than the Vander. I just turned the exhaust up more...Hopefully I dont need to put the AC in yet lol. Maybe I have to build a hood? It's going to the flower tent when I get that together anyhow. Then I'll need another light again lol. It stops at some point right?

Attachments

• 20190426_130800.jpg
    20190426_130800.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 20190426_130812.jpg
    20190426_130812.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 60
Emerald Triangle OG Cherry and White Strawberry.

My HGK'S topped out around 24 inches with heavy buds and some of the most phenomenal sugar production I've ever seen.
They've gone from Death Row to one of my top 10 in just 6 weeks time.

Day 85. Slow motion on the auto Northern Hog. It has begun to thicken up fairly nicely, it's getting sticky and it smells so sweet. I lost a good amount of flower by losing two branches :( :( :(
But, it didn't even go into shock, it didn't herm and it's getting there. The main cola is cloudy, everything else is clear still. Pulled a bunch of yellowed leaves away today and cut back some of the weakest popcorn. It's been interesting having the auto in there.
20190430_152521.jpg

R.I.P Auto Northern Hog. 91 days old. I think it could have gone longer but I want it out of the space. 8.2 oz wet and trimmed. It's sticky and smells like sweet gas. I saved all the decent trim and tossed it in the freezer for later projects. There's some light purple hue's to the nug now too. Looking forward to getting a cure on this and giving it a few doobs. The majority of the harvest is going to be decarbed and used to make canna caps a la Keef.
Tomorrow I will take some more clones and in a few days switch two PC and 2 HGK to flower!

Attachments

• dead anh.jpg
    dead anh.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 52
The auto is finally starting to fill in. It's got a week according to my calendar. Trich's are still clear, no cloud anywhere on the plant. Production isn't fantastic. I attribute it to the weak light. Except for the main spear all the buds are thumb sized. No where near dense enough either.I'm not sure really whats going on lol. The plant is 4 foot tall from the dirt. It looks green n healthy. It's just not stacking up like I'd want. I cant put the hps I have in that lil tent. Nope...I did some defoliating this morning, removing dying leaves and weak growth. Hopefully it'll help with light penetration. I haven't grown in soil in years and I've never used LED lighting to grow. I'm sure I'm messin up,over/under watering, to much liquid kelp/compost tea?, but I don't think it would've affected the plant that much. Also, never grown an auto either. Clearly I let it stretch to much in Veg. I wasn't to sure about the distance an LED could be, I left it high. Once I lowered it growth exploded from everywhere though. Shoots abound. I just don't think this light I have has enough juice in the flower spectrum. Don't buy cheap stuff!!$89 for 2kw :p View attachment 252399 View attachment 252401

The Peyote Critical and HGK are doing fine. Just veggin out. They only stand about 1-2 ft tall tho. I think the PC will be great for a single cola SoG. The HGK crowns so much I'm gonna have to SCroG her. I've got a few rooted clones of each. 1 PC went to live in the woods maybe a week ago. No snow and no frost since :) When the auto finishes at the end of the month I'm going to flip the mothers to flower. I'm going to add a Bestva or King LED soon and hopefully see a big difference. The cost to operate is so cheap I cant imagine setting up my HID. Matter of fact I think Im just gonna give that away to someone who might use it. I see growers here using a wide range of LED lights successfully so I'm going to stick with them and just start investing into better technology. The load they draw is so low I feel ok piecing the lighting together as well.
HGK , ANH and the PC. I have the rooted clones down on the floor in 3 gallons under the strip light. New moms. In a few months this tent will look different. Can't wait til then!View attachment 252406

It looks great. Nice work.

50 grams on the dot for the auto northern hog into jars for the cure. Not bad really and it does smell good!

Very Nice Grow Going!!!!:eek:
Good luck on the King LED. Why don't you add in some side lighting? I am no expert as I am a new guy but shouldn't you light the sides with some lower LED lighting for some better light penetration?

Very Nice Grow Going!!!!:eek:
Good luck on the King LED. Why don't you add in some side lighting? I am no expert as I am a new guy but shouldn't you light the sides with some lower LED lighting for some better light penetration?
I had suspected I might need to but honestly the 1500w King is enough. I'm in a 2x4 for now. It's enough light for sure. Wife calls it the mini sun...

I took 12 clones off each mom. I use Rootech cloning gel and I've always used peat plugs. The expanding poker chips. The pink lid is for a tote that I'm using as a propagation dome. I kinda let that go to the wayside in my frenzied light obsessed manic brain.
Man, I hope all these root. 10 days for rooting, then maybe 14 days veg and flip to flower. I still need a flower tent and probably another light!
I've got some time tho.
PC.jpg tent511.jpg

I took 12 clones off each mom. I use Rootech cloning gel and I've always used peat plugs. The expanding poker chips. The pink lid is for a tote that I'm using as a propagation dome. I kinda let that go to the wayside in my frenzied light obsessed manic brain.
Man, I hope all these root. 10 days for rooting, then maybe 14 days veg and flip to flower. I still need a flower tent and probably another light!
I've got some time tho.
View attachment 252654 View attachment 252655
Good luck. I have my fingers crossed. Did you just do the clone cuttings? So are they fresh today? they look nice!:cool:

Well, so I've got another king 1500. I thought my original had lost intensity but it turns out I've just gotten use to the light. So..... Yeah. I guess I just bought another light!
The clones were taken just before posting Stepheneking. They don't look so hot today. A few look good in each tray but most of them have slumped over. Right now I'll be happy if one each roots so I can keep them going.
I'll post some pics tomorrow or the next day. I keep getting a to large error.

I flipped to 12/12 last evening. The clones all look like they're rooting now!

Update on the clones, moving forward idea's and lots of rambling as I've been toking pretty hard this morning.
This time around the HGK cloned very well and the PC didn't take so well. Maybe I need to take a break between moms instead of back to back. I'll admit I didn't clean the scissors or switch rooting gel. Last time I took PC's first and they all survived. The HGK's directly after and they all suffered. So I'm looking at my process and technique to see what the problem is. I've been able to clone just about everything I've tried to, plants-tree's-fungi(somewhat different), and rarely see problems. I never have taken so many at once tho. I'm going to lose roughly half the PC and possibly not even 1 HGK.
The plan( for right now!!! :p ) with them is to pot them in 1gallon cloth pots, give them a few days to get happy and then add them to the flowering 2x4. They'll be a few weeks behind the original moms allowing me to keep a harvest running. They'll stay short of course but I want to play with the lights. Some experienced people have pointed out a light is only capable of producing so many grams. Weather it's one large plant or many small ones the limit is set already by the light and it's quality. I've got enough clones I can play with different styles and techniques to see what will help me produce the best under the LED's.
I've lollie'd the mom HGK and just thinned out the PC for better penetration. The HGK wears a crown of like 14 tops right now! The PC is much more tree like. Just a few branches but nodes up and down those branches. The 2 PC clones I have in the tent now that are going to flower too are so much bigger than the mom. The leaves are huge in comparison. That's got to be the KING LED stepping in and now there's 2. With the Auto I just finished I noticed it improved considerably within 2-3 days. The girls in the tent now are in Happy Frog and the new clones will get set into Ocean Forest for the flowering boost. 1 of each new batch clones will get kept in soil as well.
I want to switch back to hydro. I enjoy the ease of soil. Basically all I did was mix in some Mykos and I use Blue Planet Liquid Kelp and Super Compost Tea from a place called Gardeners Bud. Once a week they get a dose on different days and the rest is just plain water at 6.3 usually. I have to bring it down from 9 quite often. Hydro is gonna require an RO filter here. I've already got parts for a bubble cloner so that'll be coming to life soon. I just need to get a pool noodle.
I plan to get some new strains up and running too shortly. I think the White Strawberry is going in along with a special gift or two. More on the additions later.
Suddenly I feel like taking pictures. I can show trhe difference between the PC mom and her clones and the sorry state of my newest clones. A pic is worth a thousand words, maybe I'll get a few on how I botched it!
I'll be back with pics in a bit.

O.k. I have some pics. Let's start with the clones. They yellowed fast and they've been trimmed as a result. Right now I'm thinking maybe they weren't well fed enough to provide clones. They did have water only for 2 weeks. I accidentally double fed them the week prior to giving water only.
First pic is the side by side, PC bottom - HGK top tray. None look spectacular. The top left HGK look the best.

I have a photo of the PC and her clones. I know it's not a great shot but I think you can make out the size difference between mom and her clones. They're twice as big. I'm thinking it's because they started under the King LED.
I also added pics of each strains structure. The HGK I had planned to take more clones off but I think Im good so she'll get some scissor action maybe today. She's got that lime green color and very little scent at all. JGVermont mentioned not being to impressed initially too but it turned out to be a favorite so I'm hopeful. It may just take a few runs to learn how to treat her. The PC was thinned a few days ago, I think when I put the Auto bud into jars and it's already lush again. Vigorous IMO. Also the PC has the most wonderful aroma. I could sniff it all day :) Sometimes I just poke my head in and rustle some leaves to catch a whiff. I really hope I can keep them safe n healthy through harvest.
O.k., enough rambling from me for now. If anyone has advice on those clones....please dish it out! I added a pic of the clones after being taken also.

Attachments

• Clones.jpg
    Clones.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 91
  • HGK Clones.jpg
    HGK Clones.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 76
  • PC clones.jpg
    PC clones.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 73
  • fan leaves.jpg
    fan leaves.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 77
  • HGK.jpg
    HGK.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 77
  • PC structure.jpg
    PC structure.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 73
  • clones after cut.jpg
    clones after cut.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 66
9 days later the Peyote Critical are showing baby flowers already. The HGK mom is just starting to push itself into flower production. The clones might survive after all, they're all alive!I've only let one go so far. there may be 2-3 PC I don't repot tho. The Kush clones look good and they'll all be transplanted in a day or so.
The Peyote Critical says it has a time of 49-55 days. 46 to go then. The HGK says 63 days. So around the 4th of July I'll be chopping the first few PC and a week or so later I'll take the HGK. :) :) :) :)
Temps are high enough I've added in the AC window unit nearby, 2 days ago. With the AC on I can keep temps around 76-78 with both LED's on full bore. Maybe I should think about a bigger tent soon and my original plan of splitting the 4" exhaust isn't going to work most likely. I may just step up to an 8" for that and use the 4" in a drying tent.
I've also misplaced my SCroG net...It's here somewhere dangit.

Attachments

• PC baby Flowers.jpg
    PC baby Flowers.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 53
  • another PC site.jpg
    another PC site.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 65
  • Momma PC.jpg
    Momma PC.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Top Shot.jpg
    Top Shot.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
hEY nOVI...Great pics!
They look healthy! :D
So will you be toking her on the 4th!!!!LoL

So did you add in the extra LED light, any signs of benefit on current grow, if so?

Latest posts

Back