Best concert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir_Tokie

Reaction score
Hello all, hope every ones doing well. My question is what is the best rock concert or country concert you have seen? I have been to over 250 concerts more rock than country and as far as rock goes it is a toss up between Pink Floyd and the Eagles. And as far as country it would be Garth Brooks hands down...take care.. PS..if any of you seen Led Zepp. then I am Jelous...lol :D ..

I hope I havn't been to it yet. Most of my concerts whilst entertaining were kinda letdowns.

I saw Kate Miller-Heidke live and that was an awesome show, great talent.

Most of my other concerts were more hard rock where you go more to mosh like a fool because you can't really hear the band well over the crowd. If you like the sound of a band and want to ear them live nicely, stand right next to the mixing desk. Best spot in the house.

-Trippy

yeah I've seen zep. of course it was 1974, lol. Best concert ever for me was a friends birthday party. The line up was Stan Getz, Leon Redbone w/ Joe Venuty, and Billy Evans. 3 separate artists at a birthday party, and all big names in jazz...well maybe not so much Leon Redbone. I suppose I've been a music snob of sorts. I never took anyone who played the accordian seriously, until I heard The Stan Getz band. Keith Emerson and Rick Wakeman would have been blown away by this guy.:holysheep:

dont do concerts anymore. but, back in the day, there were a few memorable ones. among the best was zz top, and the rolling stones in dallas texas.

also the doobie brothers, in houston texas.

then, there was the tragedy, stevie ray vaughn, at kalamazoo county fairgrounds, in michigan. a chopper crash, on a dreary foggy morning into some unseen power lines. yeah, i was there brother. it was a sad day.

r.i.p. srv...bb...

led zep madison sq garden 1976,,,, 13 years old ,,,,,,,,life was never the same ,,,,,also had the great pleasure of seeing bob marley live also at the garden in 1980 it was my first date with the lady rasta ,,,bob died shortly after,,,,,about a year later i married the lady rasta,,,,, plr

Oh man, I've been to so many that it's quite hard to choose just a few.

When I was 16 my friends and I had 3rd row seats to Aerosmith. I broke away and got up front for a bit. That was sooo damn cool. Joe Perry tripped over a guitar cord and had to cancel a few shows after that.

The Rolling Stones, and Rush (and Iron Maiden) are the bands Ive seen the most. Rush never ceases to amaze me. What an underrated band that is.

I saw Elton John for the 1st time about 4 yrs ago. He was AWESOME! Such a class act. I liked him even more after the show.

I remember back as a teenager again, we had seats on the ery top row for Deep Purple. My big bro took me. He and I were sooo stoned. When the keyboardist started jamming, he began to rock the whole keyboard back and forth!!! It was really cool.

I have ticket stubs to Ozzy and also Judas Priest from shows during the mid 80s. I don't remember either of those...I think I recall Ozzy coming down in a big chair though...lmao.

A few yrs ago I won tix off the radio for a big 80s bash. I got to meet & have dinner with the bands and that was pretty sweet, of course they were washed up has beens by then. :p

I saw Pink Floyd with my dad, he was a big fan.

Gosh...I'll probably add more to this later on.

Oh, I gotta say that when I was 15 my boyfriend and I went to a keg party in a small east Texas town. I still remember all those kegs on the flatbed trailer. He insists to this day that the band was Pantera before they were discovered. Who knows. :p

I remember one- in the early 90s my friends and I went to a REM concert and Radiohead opened up. Radiohead was freakin awesome.

Slot #1 Floyd. I was 8. Wishing I was a little older.

Slot #2 Bad Religion/Nofx. I was on LOTS of drug's and packed my thesaurus.

Slot #3 Antiserum. Bay Area Dirty Dubstep. @ a Full Melt party. Smoked at least a dozen joints behind a club on the SF pier. Great night.

Other than that, mostly local bands in Santa Cruz...No Arena Shows for me.

Sheesh, this is a hard one for me also.

I grew up in the Bay Area and would frequent Cow Palace - Motley Crue, Scorpions, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Ratt, Dokken, etc...

Redwood Amphitheater (Great America) - Dio, Y&T

Shoreline - Guns n' Roses, and some others I forgot

Ozzfest - GREAT!

Battle of the bands - also GREAT!

Sleep Train - Metallica, Godsmack, Rob Zombie and Shine down

I know I have been to more but :rolleyes:

I am a rocker thru & thru :D

Not a country fan, HOWEVER my wife is a country girl, so when she wants to go to a country concert (probably Reba :rolleyes:) I will go, afterall, she went to Metallica and Godsmack with me :D

I have not been to a concert in over 15 years, I think the last concert was a freebie at MSU and it was cheap Trick. I loved it! it was great fun!

I have been to over 50 concerts, all back in the 70's and 80's

my fav was Rolling Stones at cobo hall, dont remember the year, I think it was 1982 or 83, I have all my ticket stubs stored down in the archives. I'll have to dig them out some day. Great memories! Black sabbath, ZZ Topp, Stones, Clapton, Ted Nugent , shoot just cant remember them all..

I went to the Toledo Speedway jam, tripped out on Acid and smoked so much hash I cant believe we all made it home Alive! I was 15 years old and it was my first concert event and it lasted 3 days long! I think back on that and I am so glad my folks let me go, I cant imagine how I convinced them to let me go across state lines with a group of teens in Van for a 3 day trip!

when the van we drove in pulled into my dads drive on Sunday night, he was standing out front waiting, and when he slid the side van door open beer bottles fell to the ground and the smell of booze hit him! He just gave me a look and asked if we all had fun? Oh man my head was spinning! the 70's!

I don't remember all the bands that played that weekend, but I do remember
Heart and Little feet , my least fav bands, still cant stand to listen to heart.
ick....
BUT>>>>
I am a Led Head deep down and had tickets to see them, then John passed and the concert was to never be. that was when I stopped going to concerts.

or maybe it was cuz I got knocked up? LOL still love my music!

all this remembering makes me want to go to a concert now! been thinking of going to see Cheech and Chong , does that count?:rolleyes:

I haven't been to any concerts in a long time. The most recent one was the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Though it got a bit boring at some parts, it really was a good time.

The best show I have seen would be Children of Bodom/ Dimmu Borgir, hands down.

Well when I saw Tal Farlow on his come back in 1981, it was without a doubt a lifetime achievement. He never toured much and really stopped playing in the 50's, so to see him again was a real treat. But then I saw John Cage perform, blew me away. And if anyone is into electronic minimalists, Phillip Glass ensemble was awesome.:confused:

smokinmom. your a taxas girl eh? i went to high school down there in 80-83. lewisville grad. 20 miles north of dallas.

we used to go to the amusement park, six flags, dallas/ft. worth. if you had a stub from the park for that day, you could see a concert for a buck way out in the back parking lot. ever see any of those?

in that 4 year period, i prolly seen 30-40 top bands there. i remember the first time i went there, there was a 50 foot godzilla monster looming out back on the horizen. spotted it from a roller coaster. it was a prop for iron maiden that evening.;) :cool: ...bb...

banjobuzz said:
smokinmom. your a taxas girl eh? i went to high school down there in 80-83. lewisville grad. 20 miles north of dallas.

we used to go to the amusement park, six flags, dallas/ft. worth. if you had a stub from the park for that day, you could see a concert for a buck way out in the back parking lot. ever see any of those?

in that 4 year period, i prolly seen 30-40 top bands there. i remember the first time i went there, there was a 50 foot godzilla monster looming out back on the horizen. spotted it from a roller coaster. it was a prop for iron maiden that evening.;) :cool: ...bb...

I saw Night Ranger at Six Flags. It was hot and people kept fainting. The medical personel were quite busy. Kinda trippy for a young teenager to see.

Small world eh BB. :D

Alman Brothers Band, winterland in the early seventies.
Crosby Stills Nash, Young showed up. (the band, and gary wright opened, Oakland Collisium, this was my last concert of name bands 1974)
Did see Zepplin at Kezar Stadium, with the fog rolling in as Misty Mountain Hop was played. Seeing the Sutro towers above the fog looking like the rigging of a sailing ship was unreal, lots of chemicals back then.
I have so many memories of concerts, Tower of Power, Sons of Chaplin, Santana, Doobie Brothers, Credence Clearwater, J Giles, BBKing, Bo Didley, Taj Mahal.....cant even remember the best.
But for MOST...
QuickSilver Messenger Service

Here are a few more of the ones I've seen...take care..

tix1.jpg

Latest posts

Back