Best movie of all time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SativaWeed said:
Blazing Saddles, "Is it twue how they say you people are...gifted?" zzzzzziiippppp! "Oh! It's twue! It's Twue!!"

The Full Monty, "He's old, I'm fat and you're a pidgeon chested tosser."

Charlie Wilsons' War, "Senater you started out asking for 5 million? What is you're figure up to now?" "Uh, 1 billion sir." (Phillip Seymor Hoffman is brilliant in this movie!)

The Seven Samurai, JUST SEE IT.

Jason and the Argonauts, CAMPY FUN and MONSTERS!!

THX1138, with Robert Duvall, see it stoned.

For fun horror I submit the 'Abominable Doctor Phibes' series with Vincent Price. You'll love him feeding the food critic his own poodles! :eek: :D

"Mongo not know, Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Geez Guys, We're talking "The BEST Movie of ALL Time"

I am an older dude, so I remember when I went to the movies and saw
"A Clockwork Orange"

This is my favorite movie of all time. It is violent yet brilliant in its violence.
Malcolm McDowell was absolute genius as the main character, Alexander DeLarge. The made-up language/lingo that was interspersed throughout was true to the book. (Appy polly loggies meant apologies. govereet meant conversation. It was BRILLIANT!) It also was a warning about how the future of mankind could turn out. Roving gangs of wild teens keeping citizens in at night while they ran amuck committing ultra-violence. I still get shudders when I watch it.

Oh yeah. The first two Godfather movies were absolutely terrific.

ok. i was just throwing ice pirates in there as being better than space balls..

I cant say there is an altime favorite funny movie. 40 year old vergin has to be one that i could watch over again. and knocked up.
Citizen X is my all time favorite piss deep ( watch it and you will understand being piss deep)
and shawshank redemption. poor andy. that was the longest night of his life...hahahha

yes shawshank is awesome. its one of those movies you watch everytime its on no matter how many times you've seen it.

another good stoner movie is grandma's boy. " i'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to tha looney bin together" funny stuff

I can't pick one, so I'll have to narrow the list by genre...

Comedy: (tie) Clerks. and Blazing Saddles
Kung Fu: (tie) the original Drunken Master (1978) and Snake in Eagle's Shadow, both very early Jackie Chan movies
Music: Led Zeppelin The Song Remains the Same
Drama: (tie) Seven Samurai (a must watch) and Trainspotting
Action: Last Man Standing
Un-Categorizeable: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :D

Hey TEG, sorry, but Zeitgeist is crap. I've watched it, enjoyed it, and liked its message, but factually, its crap. imo, religion is stupid, the federal government is screwing us, and we went to war for no reason, but that movie is still crap.

My movies of choice

American Beauty (urban decay at its best)
Matrix Trilogy (epic as the odyssey, as long as you can get past the "shock
factor" of the first one)
V for Vendetta (How people should ALWAYS feel about their own government.)
Network (if you are into modern day cultural problems)
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalow (cause sometimes you just want to get really baked, and fall off the couch laughing at others stupidity....)

28 days later. messed me up. had to wait a year to watch it again. wouldnt reccomend it stoned....freaky!! Crazy brits and there angry monkey's.
coolest to watch high "oh Brother where art though" retards and good music. best baked movie!!

AND OMG I hate hate hate the movie clerks!!!! ex wife watched it like twice a day. when we moved it sadly didnt make it passed the drive way and under my tires!!!!
where is it baby?
I dont know...
are you sure you packed it? MUAH HA HA HA!!!!

Fadeux said:
Hey TEG, sorry, but Zeitgeist is crap. I've watched it, enjoyed it, and liked its message, but factually, its crap. imo, religion is stupid, the federal government is screwing us, and we went to war for no reason, but that movie is still crap.

My movies of choice

American Beauty (urban decay at its best)
Matrix Trilogy (epic as the odyssey, as long as you can get past the "shock
factor" of the first one)
V for Vendetta (How people should ALWAYS feel about their own government.)
Network (if you are into modern day cultural problems)
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalow (cause sometimes you just want to get really baked, and fall off the couch laughing at others stupidity....)
If you liked American Beauty, check out Alan Ball's (the writer of American Beauty, also the genius behind it... not Sam Mendes!) series "Six Feet Under". It's extremely similar, but involves sixty 1-hour episodes, each one containing the power and screenwriting quality of American Beauty. Also an equally perfect cast.

My favorite films, in no order: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, American Beauty, Thumbsucker, Ghost World, and Lost In Translaton.

And hell yes Slowmo. I am the same way.. i own shawshank but never watch it. but everytime its on the boob tube i watch it.. im somewhere around 40 times.. Morgan F. rocks

ya i like morgan freeman as well.. i won't watch anything with samuel l jackson. he plays the same person in every movie.. he ruined shaft.

"Hey TEG, sorry, but Zeitgeist is crap. I've watched it, enjoyed it, and liked its message, but factually, its crap. imo, religion is stupid, the federal government is screwing us, and we went to war for no reason, but that movie is still crap."

Then disprove it. Using tools other than internet.

Because not one person or group can. This is by far the most powerful piece of video and audio...WHICH IS FREE...that I or my wife have ever seen.

Consider it a Meta Analysis of modern government, financial institutions and true geopolitical functionality.

I have been to many of the debunking sites...which are basing fact on publishings by the exact peoples mentioned in the movie, and wikipedia.

Latest posts

Back