best way to sample?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
what's the best way to take sample buds at different stages of trich development w/out hurting final yield/potency too much?

You can just swipe a bud with a razor off the plant, But better taking from the bottom than top. Taking from a higher point is whats gonna hurt the yield. I have nuked samples and it can give some effect but your better cutting it up and leaving it out for a couple days first. Give it some kind of dry time. You will never forget the taste of smoking a bud that was growing an hour ago. Not exactly a good thing.

I rarely ever enjoy sampling a grow before it's finish time... So much happens in the last week or two that usually anything I take is only a hint of what it will be... That said... If you don't have any bud I can't blame you!

yeah i got no bud but im still gonna be patient. im only on day 25 or so but i just wanna experiment and see how i like my trichs.

I had no bud and was sampling from week 5 or 6 lol.
Just take a smaller bud if its developed enough and what i did was set the oven to about 60 degrees c letting it warm up then putting the bud on a plate in the oven and turning it off leave it to cool down.

Usually works well for me and it doesn't mess the taste too much

intellenoob said:
yeah i got no bud but im still gonna be patient. im only on day 25 or so but i just wanna experiment and see how i like my trichs.

If your on day 25 of flower your trichs are probobly just starting to appear. Which means they are still clear and have little to no THC in them. I dont think I would sample until atleast half way into flowering. If you dont have atleast half cloudy trichomes I doubt you will catch a buzz off of a fresh sample. But honestly go for it if you need to. If you dont like it then you know maybe to wait a few more weeks or you might even like it. Thats the only way we really get the hang of this, Just gotta try it.

do you own a vaporizer?
thats wat i did when i was impatient an did it instantly. i set it to 300 deg F. and took bout 5-6 good draws thru . n it tasted somethin funky i suppose the green an all. but after that it was totally dry almost criospy lol. so i thru it in a bowl then. had a lite headed feelin . so was still not sure if good or not.
but i hit it in the bowl wit a flame an wow . two tokes n it was on lol

i put my oven on the lowest possible setting. I cut the green and fresh bud up and put in a glass bowl and move the rack to the top.

usually after about 15-30 minutes, the bud is crispy dry and somewhat brittle. This i found to be the best as it smokes almost like cured bud but the taste leaves something to be desired, lol.

let me also say that pre-harvest smoking shouldnt reflect the outcome, unless you use a vaporizer imvho.

No my early samples were nothing like the finished bud.
Kinda of obvious though i guess been as its down to the maturity of the THC.
The early stuff was pretty weird actually real head high but no body.
Was nice to actually notice the differences as it matured.
I've let most of it get to damn near couch lock.
Took a long time though lol.

JBonez said:
let me also say that pre-harvest smoking shouldnt reflect the outcome, unless you use a vaporizer imvho.
u sayin its not good to use a vape or it is good?
jus curious

Latest posts

Back