Blue Mystic - Gettin' Sideways!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEWS FLASH!!!

I do indeed have nanners (male flowers) on all the ladies just like the original grow from beans straight from Nirvana. I was looking about earlier and the pistils changing to mustard yellow allow the male flowers to really stand out. See the picture below.

Unfortunately I don't have editing software to circle the male flower but if you look carefully you'll see it on toward the top facing to the left. Actually the flash kind of highlights it a little bit.

Unless I can validate other folk growing Blue Mystic from Nirvana I'll assume it is me stressing out the ladies. Isn't that what we all want to with what we have to work with--maximized yield. =)

4.04_2.JPG

Tried to look but carn't see where it is.
Bad luck tho, dunno bout there seeds i'm a cloner from the start.
I wouldn't be to bothered tho cos that stuff still looks well potent lol.:)

i can clearly see that little bastage sap sucker, dang, i got nirvana seeds just chillin here right now, dang, blue mystic at that!

NB-If you look hard enough you will see that bugger!

JB-I am sure it's all my fault stressing the ladies. However, please let me know bro if yours grow nanners towards the end.

ive grown the Blue Mystic and havent had any hermies. Im growing a blue mystic cross right now and none of those have hermied either. it will still be some killer smoke.

took the liberty to edit your pic, since i never seen a hermie. made a circle around what i think is the male flower. am i correct? bad luck, but it can still be good bud from what i've heard.

4.04_2.JPG

kebnekajse said:
took the liberty to edit your pic, since i never seen a hermie. made a circle around what i think is the male flower. am i correct? bad luck, but it can still be good bud from what i've heard.

good sport! i love a creative intellect, thats what i would have done, but i know what they look like he he, great, you found waldo!

Vegs said:
JB-I am sure it's all my fault stressing the ladies. However, please let me know bro if yours grow nanners towards the end.

I dont care if you stressed them somehow, nanners suck, im just mad that my blue mystic may be "tainted" by the same genetic defect, man dang.

Sensi Seeds, here i come!

Keep picking them off, its too late in the game to turn back now... do a daily nanner picking, dont let them open up!!! Sucks man, pretty looking bud you got there....

I was under the impression this pollen could be used to make fem seeds. Am I wrong n that thinking? Not that I am going to apply that application this go around but it does have me thinking about another time.

Grow looks great! You should try the G13 thai super skunk as I have some of those but can't germ for ages! Really interested to see how long they take to fill out.

BINGO Keb! Thanks for taking the time to edit the pic.

Here we are at 42 days into flower and they are looking sweet minus the yellowing leaves.

Sadly I will have to harvest at week 7 but I am starting to see signs of oranging of the hairs which is a good sign for me. It's a shame I could not take these into a full 9 weeks like I intended. I'll start using just water since I like to use the last week or two with no nutes. Someone told me it helps to draw out some of the chemical taste, per say. Can anyone elaborate on why its good to use straight water toward the end?

Enjoy the pics and thanks for sharing the feedback. I'll update at week 7.

D42.JPG

D42_1.JPG

D42_2.JPG

Vegs said:
Here we are at 42 days into flower and they are looking sweet minus the yellowing leaves.

Sadly I will have to harvest at week 7 but I am starting to see signs of oranging of the hairs which is a good sign for me. It's a shame I could not take these into a full 9 weeks like I intended. I'll start using just water since I like to use the last week or two with no nutes. Someone told me it helps to draw out some of the chemical taste, per say. Can anyone elaborate on why its good to use straight water toward the end?

Enjoy the pics and thanks for sharing the feedback. I'll update at week 7.

Well, the flush theory is to flush out nutrients and chemicals (if you are using chemical fertilizers), but it looks like your plants are lacking nitrogen since the plant ate/consumed itself (i.e. its leaves) to feed the buds. You should have increased fertilizers with good Nitrogen content to prevent Yellowing, and ensuring Lush Green Growth.

My WWs look so medium (dark scale) Lush, Healthy Green, especially in worm castings. I don't expect to flush, since every day is a flush, grown organically, no man-made chemicals, just natural food for the plant.

other than the hermies, plants look good. And at seven weeks yellowing is hard to avoid, mine look pathetic by the time i flower.

Just like humans, plants will be a bit better off slightly underfed, especially towards the end of flowering. You want them to burn their reserves, as well as locked up nutrients, toxins, and so forth. I dont care what anyone tells you, this is true. your buds will be the last to go once all green leaves have been depleted. This most def is not a bad thing. And do not increase nitrogen just to green em up, the plant doesnt like that in flowering, its deceptive.

JBonez said:
other than the hermies, plants look good. And at seven weeks yellowing is hard to avoid, mine look pathetic by the time i flower.

Just like humans, plants will be a bit better off slightly underfed, especially towards the end of flowering. You want them to burn their reserves, as well as locked up nutrients, toxins, and so forth. I dont care what anyone tells you, this is true. your buds will be the last to go once all green leaves have been depleted. This most def is not a bad thing. And do not increase nitrogen just to green em up, the plant doesnt like that in flowering, its deceptive.

My plants are now 6 weeks, and no yellowing leaves. If plants were in the wild would you say that green leaves are bad? It sounds illogical what you are saying. If deceptive, then please enlighten us with your opinion of what happens if leaves are kept Lush Green.

But then again we are comparing Organic to Hydro so that's a deal breaker for sure. We are not comparing apples to apples but I did get the point from both of you guys, which I thank you very much for it!

White WidowMaker said:
My plants are now 6 weeks, and no yellowing leaves. If plants were in the wild would you say that green leaves are bad? It sounds illogical what you are saying. If deceptive, then please enlighten us with your opinion of what happens if leaves are kept Lush Green.

( i actually just gave two of my plants in flowering a week n dosage, they werent even three weeks in and i had leaves at the bottom yellowing completely and falling off.)
Im not saying thats a bad thing per say, just that giving a high dose of N in flowering after being on a flowering nute reg. would most likely stress the plant. The bud production even seems to increase, esp during flushing when no nutes are given from what ive seen. Keep em that green all you want, but i would rather have my plants tasting their finest with nothing in their system but water and plant matter.

keepin your plants that green would assumably take longer before you could harvest??? Or affect the quality of the smoke???? i dont know.:confused:

What i do know is how the plant absorbs nutrients and those nutrients are even locked inside the plants. Plants have to excrete toxins like we do, it just makes sense not to keep em loaded down imo, and i know that i harvested a decent bit of bud last round with some pretty yellow looking plants.

As for plants in the wild, im sorry, but growing outdoors is great for cashcropping. And im sure the quality is there.

But, i think that an indoor, completely controlled environment is going to get me what im looking for. Too many variables to mess it all up.

I just found two hermies in my closet too Vegs. I have two Blue Mystic crosses and two Firehydrants in my closet. The Firehydrants hermied due to light schedule stress and the BM did not hermie. I think Blue Mystic is a great strain and I highly recommend it.

JBones I wouldnt be worried about Nirvana seeds being tainted. Ive grown 7 or 8 of their strains and they were all the bomb. Hermies happen sometimes and its usually the grower not the seeds.

Vegs said:
I was under the impression this pollen could be used to make fem seeds. Am I wrong n that thinking? Not that I am going to apply that application this go around but it does have me thinking about another time.

I've been told by many experts here that the pollen from a hermie and its seeds (if it produces any) will result in hermies or more chance of them occuring in the pollen/seeds used.

Latest posts

Back