Blue Mystic - Gettin' Sideways!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thorn said:
I've been told by many experts here that the pollen from a hermie and its seeds (if it produces any) will result in hermies or more chance of them occuring in the pollen/seeds used.

If this is the case, then one must question the quality of the breeder who allows to be distributed genes of hermied plants. So far my DP WW has not hermied. Good quality genes.

I appreciate the clarity on the hermie pollen. I heard it in loose conversation and wanted to make sure I heard that correctly...it sounded odd. I have no interest in producing fem seeds. When I do I will pour over the posts talking about it.

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys. As far as Nirvana products go I will be picking up Bubblegum and Hindu Kush in the near future. I am fairly confident it's the user (me) and not the breeder. =)

Vegs said:
I appreciate the clarity on the hermie pollen. I heard it in loose conversation and wanted to make sure I heard that correctly...it sounded odd. I have no interest in producing fem seeds. When I do I will pour over the posts talking about it.

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys. As far as Nirvana products go I will be picking up Bubblegum and Hindu Kush in the near future. I am fairly confident it's the user (me) and not the breeder. =)

I recommend purchasing regular (not feminized) seeds, and just pull the unwanted males. Feminized seeds have unnaturally (GMO) higher chances of becoming hermies. Regular seeds do not have altered genetics in unnatural way.

I recommend purchasing regular (not feminized) seeds, and just pull the unwanted males. Feminized seeds have unnaturally (GMO) higher chances of becoming hermies. Regular seeds do not have altered genetics in unnatural way.

Amen! I have no intentions of buying fem seeds anytime soon. It's a shame though because there are some really nice flavors that I can only find in that form. Lemon Skunk and Super Lemon Haze being two that immediately come to mind. I can't blame the breeders for wanting to keep their brand somewhat exclusive.

As much s I don't want to do it with total flowering time ranging from 46-53 days, the ladies meet their maker and were chopped today! Check out the pics.

D46.JPG

D46_1.JPG

Those were the early harvest pics. However, once these nugs are cured I'll post a pic of the lovely colors and overall quality of the smoke. So far what I've sample is not to bad.

Thanks for all that weighed in on what variety would be interesting to grow next. Since Marky's Thai X Super Skunk just died it looks like I will be doing that after the LR2 grow.

It should be fun and a real challenge to fit those lanky sativas in this small space. I'll be topping, bending and LST'ing like a mickey fickey to make it happen.

Here's a pic of some of the dried colas. Keep in mind that they haven't cured yet so there is a little green here and there. This picture shows the two primary pheno's one will get when growing the Blue Mystic from Nirvana variety.

The darker more purple looking bud has a almost cheesy smell with a heavy strong fruity smoke while the lighter bud offers a more herbaceous skunky smell and smoke. Once cured these badboys will be tasty treat. =)

dn.JPG

You did well my friend! Impressive.

I must thank you for posting the pic of the hermie. I found one later that day and would not have known what it was if you hadn't.

I only have good experiences with Nirvanas femed seeds. Grown 7 plantes from seed, pure powe plant. Some have been severely stressed, but not one has hermied. So Blue Mystic might just be a more sensitive strian. Hope they did a good job on them, cause I should get a 5-pac femed BM any day now!

Take care/
k

I agree... I am almost positive that it was me stressing out the plants and the variety may be a little sensitive. The next time I grow it I will be more careful about the flowering nutes to avoid nanners.

I don't mess with fem'd seeds....yet. If I had a clone room I may consider those because there are some really nice variety's that can only be obtained via fem'd seeds.

congrats oon the harvest man. looks tasty even green still. update wit a smoke reportwhen cured n all..

You must have been reading my mind because I was about to do that this weekend.

It looks like I got about 4 ounces dried out of the 5 females. I bet if I would have let them go another week or so I would have been able to fatten these up wee bit.

I wouldn't say this is the best herb or my favorite but I am definitely not disappointed. There is a clear difference between the two phenos even after curing. One is more pungent herby smelling while the other is less stinky but more cheesy or musty smelling. Both get the job done rather well =)

I have some interesting news to share. When I was fiddling with the larger colas from the plants that started to show males flowers. At the very bottom of each cola on both sides at the base of the bottom set of flowers that start to make up the cola I noticed fully developed seeds, two per cola.

I think I may have popped out all the seeds not thinking of snapping a picture before doing so. I wonder if these beans will end up becoming fem seeds when germed?!? Keep in mind that I did not pollinate any of the females so any seeds have to be a bi-product of those stressed out females. =)

Latest posts

Back