boiled peanuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss em so much.
There sold on every corner in Georgia and in the fall on the way from Savannah to Athens to see the Dawgs play there was an old truck on i-15, old dude had the best ones I ever tasted and I aint sure he ever washed the pot he boiled em in.

People not from the south just don't seem to get Boiled Peanuts

Thanks for the memory

Sub

subcool said:
I miss em so much.
There sold on every corner in Georgia and in the fall on the way from Savannah to Athens to see the Dawgs play there was an old truck on i-15, old dude had the best ones I ever tasted and I aint sure he ever washed the pot he boiled em in.

Thanks for the memory

Sub

Yupperz,

I thought you were from not too far away by the sound of your southern accent on the hash tutorial. :) I had an uncle in Macon and we used to look forward to buying boiled green peanuts at a stand the same family has had for about 100 yearz...:hubba: And OMG it's almost peach season!;)

Thanx Loola!

Peace!:cool:

hey sub, is that you in the avatar? going for the santa clause look i see? lol.

boiled peanuts isnt boiled peanuts unless u cook them outsidein a iron kettle over a wood fire yummmmmmmmm

Hey, Loo, that's dirty with the new av. Come on, Dirty, I recognise the guy's face but with the years and the beard I can't name him. First thought it was one of the ZZ boys cleaned up--but I don't think they do "cleaned-up" do they?

Right now, I can drive about 5 miles up the Orange Blossom Trail and buy peanuts off a guy with a sign that says: Balled Penuts. Have also seen them advertised as Bald Peanuts.

Where I grew up in GA, there was a guy who had a sign on his fence that said: "Notary Republican," I kid you not.

Jeez, it's a wonder I can even spell my freakin name, considering where I come from.:rolleyes:

subcool said:
I miss em so much.

Thanks for the memory

Sub

It's not unusual to be able to purchase white lightning in places where boiled peanuts are sold :hubba: Try... Billy sent me :D

PH....

Balled Pnuts? LOL... I LOVE that Pencilhead...:rolleyes: OBT? Yikes... dont pick up any hitchhikers and make sure your date doesnt have an adam's apple...:eek: My avvy guys? I saw a YouTube video of that guy with the beard in a fracas on an Oakland city bus. They call him Vietnam Tom... Everythings on YouTube...:p That bearded dude is in his 60s and some young punk got into a verbal interaction with him that soon escalated into a fight of sorts and I guess the thing has gone viral somewhat cuz i also saw follow up interviews and someone did a cartoon version of the altercation too.... Anyhooo... I just thought that dude would make a good face for the dirtyolsouth... but since its a pretty violent piece of video and there are some racial undertones I thought better of using it for my Avvy... and I found the new millenium mullet dude...LOL...

:holysheep:

DOS...I'm not too much into youtube or anything, but I saw the video you are speaking about where the old guy beat up the young guy. It was on a TV show though that I like on comedy central called Tosh.O, where a comedian makes jokes of whatever is viral at the moment.

dirtyolsouth said:
OBT? Yikes... dont pick up any hitchhikers and make sure your date doesnt have an adam's apple...:eek:

OBT's like a coin-operated Alice's Restaraunt--you can get anything you want. Got everything from sex to salvation, botox to yellow cake uranium, just bring cash, baby, we'll hook you up.:hubba:

ROFLMAO! You guys are a scream!!!

Well, you inspired me, and I made boiled peanuts today. Budiholi, don't read this---I used a......(shame shame shame) Crockpot.

The turned out superb, in spite of not having a wood fire and iron pot. <G>

I'm loving them, and know I'll pay the price for my overindulgence tomorrow. Glad you started this thread, Loola--I had forgotten I had all those raw peanuts packed away in the back of my fridge. Yummmmm!

PencilHead said:
OBT's like a coin-operated Alice's Restaraunt--you can get anything you want. Got everything from sex to salvation, botox to yellow cake uranium, just bring cash, baby, we'll hook you up.

I went to college in the Orlando area in '85... OBT was pretty scary back then. A pal that I went to school with was a local dude and where is 'herb buddy' lived was down somewhere off OBT so away we went and went and went...:p It was a pretty scary stretch of road for someone from the upper midwest...:eek: lol... It's sounds like nothin much has changed in 25 years...:hubba:

Yay Pnutz...:holysheep:

ok so u didnt use a iron pot no biggie just growing up when a kid graduated u had a peanut boil for them old tradition and u allways used a iron pot and wood fire eevery one would get to gether and ahhve a party ith t

Sounds like a heavenly experience to me, Budiholi! What a wonderful childhood memories you have!!!

Latest posts

Back