Bromance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, the more I think about this, I see no way of ever not having arguments.
How the arguments are handled, that is what folks need to work on, including myself.

There will never be a consensus for all things about growing. Ask 10 growers, get 10 different answers.

A growers biggest challenge will always be to take what information he/she reads, and apply common sense and apply those learning's to their own individual situation.
What works for me, might not even be an option for you, and visa versa.

For me personally, I kinda backed off advice for the last couple years or so.
As a lot of the old timers can attest, I am all for making a living off the plant we love, I just saw it heading that way a long time ago. During that time, I was called a profiteer, a drug dealer and all around bad guy for even suggesting or talking about "selling weed". I argued Medical was a stepping stone to full blown legalization, and wholesale/retail sales of herb. I am hesitant to post pics of my shows. Not for fear of LEO, but for fear off getting blasted by fellow STONERS as a profiteer.

Now look.

I could never , and still don't, understand why folks hated on the term "Medical Marijuana". Look what it has brought us.

Back to my point. Sorry, smokin' Girl Scout Cookies makes me ramble.
Arguments are healthy. Being proven wrong should be celebrated. That took me a long time to truly understand and appreciate. For long time growers, it is very hard to keep your mind open. It is very easy to get stuck in a pattern.

I think the CURRENT Mods are doing a great job. THG and NC do a darn good job of letting threads go that eventually work themselves out. They pretty much only close the thread if name calling gets involved. Heated debates will always happen.
It's also GREAT to see Hickster lurkin' around again. MP is starting to feel RIGHT again.

Then I read a post about people following people around in other forums harassing them. Lame. What I mean by lame is even putting up a post to talk about that. That, my friends, is drama. That creates the drama we all want to avoid.

Having a heated discussion about grow/sports/politics is healthy, and should be allowed.

I am super baked, hope this makes some kind of sense. I'm off to play craps.
Parlay the hard 8!

Well said ncal!

I saw that thread on the following around... Pretty friggin weaksauce if you ask me.

Does that person have NO life?!!!

And the thread is pretty pointless, but I'm sure she just wanted to FYI everyone?

It was a friend reaching for help ifin yual talkin YYZ thread, and if yual were this site is more rabbid then I though

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
It was a friend reaching for help ifin yual talkin YYZ thread, and if yual were this site is more rabbid then I though

BWD
Reaching for help.. would be best achieved by contacting the staff. Without naming the culprit/culprits, it serves no purpose in "informing" the members.
I understand the reluctance to appear a tattle-tale,

Tattle tale pilgrim? Realy? Its one thing to turn on friend growin our love of mj but to simply come forth and say I came to your site made who I thought were good friends only to be alienated and when I "LEFT" the bullies followed me!!!! Yual going to let invasion to ones fire isent that what happened to KingK from a long time member here? STOCKED? pilgrim had cops show to door!!!! What yual doing about that Sir! I as with All due respect honoured!!! Answer ALL THE MEMBERS BUSHLINE LOOKING IN!! Why!!!! WHy is this right and aloud? Let folks dedicated like Irish and others take new leads!! Lets clean around the fire and make more warm for friendly. Lets start soon Hick so what do you say the numbers are in by now lets Gettr ZDone ;)

BWD

No insult intended to any members, but sometimes we should:
(1)Just take a step back
(2)Take a deep breath
(3)Relax
(4)Think
(5)Start fresh

There seems to be water over the bridge, it doesn't matter anymore "who did what, to who". The madness has to stop, it feels like I walked in on a family feud....and I ain't a family member :eek:

One thing I have learned in my life, arguments never get solved...by re-arguing the same points again...it's an endless circle of anger/hurt & **. It flat doesn't work, we have to find new & common ground at some point..that common ground is MJ....growing, smoking, eating, vaping, rolling, enjoying :)

I belong to many forums(unrelated to MJ)...these unfortunate disagreements happen there too, because as people...we don't always get along, may not be best friends, may not want to share a drink with you. That's our right as free men(& women), but we still have to maintain a friendly atmosphere for the good of the community. So just ignore those that irk you, don't reply to antagonistic posts,,,,,,,,just let it go :icon_smile:

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Tattle tale pilgrim? Realy? Its one thing to turn on friend growin our love of mj but to simply come forth and say I came to your site made who I thought were good friends only to be alienated and when I "LEFT" the bullies followed me!!!! Yual going to let invasion to ones fire isent that what happened to KingK from a long time member here? STOCKED? pilgrim had cops show to door!!!! What yual doing about that Sir! I as with All due respect honoured!!! Answer ALL THE MEMBERS BUSHLINE LOOKING IN!! Why!!!! WHy is this right and aloud? Let folks dedicated like Irish and others take new leads!! Lets clean around the fire and make more warm for friendly. Lets start soon Hick so what do you say the numbers are in by now lets Gettr ZDone ;)

BWD
You're setting under the very same cloud of suspicion as multi is. So best not throw stones.
For the LAST time... but the hell outta my moderating. If you don't like the way I handle things here, the door is open. I'll even hold it for you.
yz failed to mention any names.. I "presumed" to avoid appearing a "tattle-tale".

bwanabud said:
No insult intended to any members, but sometimes we should:
(1)Just take a step back
(2)Take a deep breath
(3)Relax
(4)Think
(5)Start fresh

There seems to be water over the bridge, it doesn't matter anymore "who did what, to who". The madness has to stop, it feels like I walked in on a family feud....and I ain't a family member :eek:

One thing I have learned in my life, arguments never get solved...by re-arguing the same points again...it's an endless circle of anger/hurt & **. It flat doesn't work, we have to find new & common ground at some point..that common ground is MJ....growing, smoking, eating, vaping, rolling, enjoying :)

I belong to many forums(unrelated to MJ)...these unfortunate disagreements happen there too, because as people...we don't always get along, may not be best friends, may not want to share a drink with you. That's our right as free men(& women), but we still have to maintain a friendly atmosphere for the good of the community. So just ignore those that irk you, don't reply to antagonistic posts,,,,,,,,just let it go :icon_smile:
THANKS B'bud :) Some folks don't wanna get along. Their lives are centered around making others unhappy. "I" don't understand it either.. :(

trillions of atoms said:
Well said ncal!

I saw that thread on the following around... Pretty friggin weaksauce if you ask me.

Does that person have NO life?!!!

And the thread is pretty pointless, but I'm sure she just wanted to FYI everyone?

Nope, I guess I don't. :rolleyes:

I wanted to let her know its dangerous to use the same name on non mj sites. She wouldn't answer any of my PMs here so I easily found her on that other site. I sent a friendly note with my usual, familiar screen name saying I liked her posts on PTSD and I wished she would share on mp. Not anything malicious at all. Not snarky or anything. I was very polite, it was 1 sentence long. Saying I was spamming anyone is complete ** so I figured she was talking about someone else. I'm not mean or vindictive and would never do anything to hurt anyone.

I'd love to see those screen shots she says she has. They sure as heck weren't from me.

Anyways Yyz, I won't bug you again. If you don't care about using the same screen name elsewhere then I won't either. After what happened to kk, I just thought you'd want to be more causous. I still have no clue what your beef is with me, but no love loss.

My fav part!!

.... The REST of the story.

Well it's funny how one person may think one thing but its really another.

Based on what was said we assumed she was stalked.

Now that's what I get for assuming she was really being "stalked".

Anyway just another page in the book I guess...who knows SM, she might not be talking if u?

Idk...

Thanks for coming forward .. and for the candid remarks.

So, let me get this straight, which is hard when i am not... You went to another site to warn her that people could do what you just did? I see. You were looking out for her and she was perhaps weirded out?
I am glad i picked an ordinary name.

Hick said:
THANKS B'bud :) Some folks don't wanna get along. Their lives are centered around making others unhappy. "I" don't understand it either.. :(

even more confusing knowing their high when they do it here.

Rosebud said:
So, let me get this straight, which is hard when i am not... You went to another site to warn her that people could do what you just did? I see. You were looking out for her and she was perhaps weirded out?
I am glad i picked an ordinary name.

Rose, I don't know how many times I tried to pm her. Never ever did she respond so i assumed i was on ignore. If I wanted to be mean do you think I would have used smokinmom???

No, and I don't think your mean... I know you are not. I know you had good intentions.

Hick said:

Hick, no problem...and I'd like to thank all of the mods for their support & time running the site :cool2:

People have to understand we don't "have the right", to anything on a forum. The bills are paid by someone else, the site is managed by volunteer Mods, and rules exist for a reason. Because even with clear rules, there are those that will challenge the "system". Feel the need to be a "rebel", and call the establishment out for a fight...and only end up martyrs. Constantly renouncing common sense etiquette, to further promote unrest in the community...it's like a cancer spreading, unleashing turmoil & strife amongst friends...very difficult to repair such damage.

You can always start your own forum, pay the bills & control the unruly children...but you will at least be in charge. And someday find you have to ban people, ban them for wasting your time & causing unrest in the community. Everyone wants to be King, till they get the throne...and realize everyone is trying to poison your wine.

In all places in life, we must follow the lead of those in charge....whether it's your boss, wife, IRS, traffic laws, etc...We can't all be leaders, those chosen will rule the flock...if you don't like it leave, instead of ruining every one else's party.

:yay::woohoo: let's get the drama out the way so we can get back to growing and helping other to grow their own too

Latest posts

Back