Brown tips and curling leaves!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfvhunter69

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a 1st time grower and seem to be having some issues with my 2 plants! I am growing them in soil and they are about 15" tall. I am using tap water that has a PH of about 6.4-6.5 and GH nutes. I used flo lights for the veg stage and I now have a 400w HPS for flowering. They have been in flowering for about 3 weeks and I started to notice the issue last week. I read through the troubleshooting thread but not sure what the best course of action is here since this is my 1st time growing any type of plant indoors.
I am using seeds I got from a friend and they are 2 different strains as you will see in the pics. I do not know what strain they are.

Please let me know if you need any more info. Thanks for the help!

Here are some pics... I took 3 pics of each plant.

DSC00876.JPG

DSC00877.JPG

DSC00878.JPG

DSC00879.JPG

DSC00880.JPG

DSC00881.JPG

It looks like nute burn.... which GH nutes are you useing ? It looks like your nitrogen levels are extremely high ?

chris1974 said:
It looks like nute burn.... which GH nutes are you useing ? It looks like your nitrogen levels are extremely high ?

I am using FloraMicro and FloraBloom on these plants now. Since I have never used GH products before I only use a very mild mixture so I did not overdue it. During the veg stage I used miracle grow fertilizer.

It looks like nute burn to me too. I wonder what the quality of your tap water is? How about using reverse osmosis water instead? Maybe your water is fine, and then maybe it might be adding unwanted salts to your soil.

do u let ur tap water sit out for 24 - 48 hours????

i notice thats its only on the tops of ur plants, it may be a heat related issue, wats ur temp in there???? light too close maybe????

Less is more... Just keep the ratios right and your plant will LOVE you.

I agree, too much N. The first clue is the very dark green color.

Latest posts

Back