Bubblegum grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you should burp every couple days after two weeks. Plus its a chance for you to drool over the smell and frostiness of your favorite herbal treats. Heh heh heh!

:hubba: mmmmmm bubblegum....mmm...
I'll prob end up having this bud a long time. I only go through a Z every 4 - 5 weeks. I have a few friends who smoke a lot more than me who use it for pain meds and I know it's sometimes hard for them to afford to keep in bud and also often deal with sketchy people that I'll toss what I can to. I'll prob keep 1 plant for me and give the other 3 out as needed and I def want everyone to be getting the best it can be.

So if I end up with 2oz for just me I'll be keeping it in the jars for quite a while. But from the looks of these ladies I think 2oz per is low balling.

Unfortunatly I think my ol lady isn't going to let me continue my grow through the summer:angrywife: . But I will at least finish out my autos and that ice cool is going outdoors. I'd put the bubblegum outside too but it finishes way too late for my climate. Unless, I had a theory, that may already been know to be true or not, if I can start them flowering then put them outside after the equinox, would they finish earlier? Or are they only going to finish once the sun is a certain way?

In the fall I'll start my LSD and skywalker kush though, which I'm looking forward too. I know that one friend could really use the med benefits of the skywalker.

The only thing I've done is actually covering the plant up in order to induce early flowering, 12/12, in order to beat the frost, but Its a real PITA, but if I really wanted some more smoke I'd do it, especially if the alternative was killing the plants. I never like doing that. I just took out 8 plants recently and went through a bout of depression afterwards, like my dog died or something.....not good! Lol I made a frame out of 1 1/4 PVC and wrapped it with black 3mil plastic and with the help of a roomie, placed it over the plant every night and took it off every morning. Like I said before PITA!

Ya I'm having a hard time coming to grips with throwing them out. I won't be able to tend to the plants outside. Once they are out there, that's it until chop time. I go way out in the woods, up some cliffs, through some rivers etc. No one would ever find them in my basic spot. It's also 4 hours away from where I live.

The only thing that makes it kind of ok is I can get these genetics very easily again. The seed bank here has a great selection on hand and obviously the genetics of at least the bubblegum are very nice. I didn't get different phenos, they all grew to the same height and grew very similar. They all are producing the same, except 2 will have a bit less because they are slightly crowded but that's not their fault.

I keep trying to talk myself into flowering them now but it will still be mid august by the time they are done. in that case I may as well go all summer long. Problem is I know some family is going to be coming to stay at some point.

The clones are ready to be flipped over really, as they are pretty bushy, but need my other ones to finish first unless I flip em under the T5's for 2 weeks. They are just way too beautiful to chop!!! Anybody want to baby sit? :hubba:

I totally forgot about a buddy of mine had been talking about wanting clones for the summer way back and just so happened he called to say whats up and I asked if he ever got the clones. He hadn't, so I asked if he wanted all 7. He was blown away when he asked how much and I said free to a good home haha. Of course he offered to split with me at the end of the season. I feel way better now. Too much work and time to just go in the landfill.

I agree, I just gave away two white widow x big bud, and two skunk 44 clones to a buddy of mine for free cuz I was just gonna throw it out, so at least someone will enjoy them! He was happy as hell. He's gonna put em in his back yard!

haha my buddy is as well. I'm giving him all of them except for the two autos. I find they don't do well outside at all and I'm curious how they smoke. They won't take long anyways.

One of my colas has lots of red hairs and they look like they are dying but the trichs are still clear. should I just not pay attention to the hairs?

It's natural for there to be some yellowing off of leaves at the end of flower, don't give it any nitrogen whatsoever. The plant is using up all of its resources at this point, what do you have 1 or 2 weeks left? The hairs turning red are an indication that maturity and end of harvest is here, however it's vital to wait til the trichs go cloudy, I like a little amber too myself. Be patient and at this point don't worry about yellowing, just keep feeding a mild late flower feed to them til the trichs cloud up.

Take a few samples of the sugar leaves off and take them out of the flower tent to some good daylight(6500k) light to check em, I even like to use anything black to look at them on, so the light doesn't play with your eyes or reflect white back at you, look at all the trichs and compare them, til you get used to seeing the difference it can be a bit tricky to tell. There will be some really clear ones and a couple cloudy at first, then more cloudy, and the ones that were cloudy before turn amber, that's when I like to pick! Hope this helps

I have 1 week left. For the last week I've only been feeding micro and bloom. They got their last nutes yesterday. All water from here on out. The yellowing I was prepared for so it didn't worry me. All the hairs are white still and I can see through the trich's so I know it's not ready, but the top of one (only the top 3") and only on one cola, has all these red hairs that look dried out, yet the trichs on it are still clear. So I wasn't sure if I should just harvest that one top or not. I would take some pics but that whole security threat last week has me a bit paranoid.

I screwed up today on my green poison. I was trying to tie down my two tops and it split a little in the middle. I took a pipe cleaner and wrapped it around both tops to close the hole hoping it will heal. Not sure if there's anything else I should do? I was wishing I had some crazy glue to put around the outside.

They finally need some nutrients, and I got to thinking. Since they are auto's wouldn't they need a bit of bloom and meta k in there too?

Autos only changes when they flower, they still need the same nutes. I've split plants like that before, no worries, it will take some energy away from growing to fix itself but your doing the right thing, I always used blue painters tape, lol. I hear ya on the security thing last week, that's why I don't post pics, I'm too paranoid! Sounds like maybe that one cola is drying out on you, maybe mist it a ill, there should be a lot of red hair with one week left, you may still be a couple weeks out. I always keep up with the nutes, with organics there's no need for a flush. I've had better results feeding til the end.

Ohhh good call. Thanks for the advice. I better get some bubbling as they will be hungry monday.

I looked at that one again today and it either shed the really crusty looking ones or they became less red. I'd say 30% of that one are red. All the rest still white.

Sounds good, they should start reddening up on you real soon. Especially if only 1 week left. Always take breeders recommendations with a grain of salt, if they say 8-10 week harvest, count on 10. Til you dial in the strain.

Yea,they said 8-10 so I figured 9 would be when to start really looking hard. But in the last 3 days they have gone to partly cloudy. It looks like they are whitening in from the outer edges in.

Tomorrow is the end of week 8. So I don't think 9 weeks will be too far off the mark. How much more do they rippen after the chop? Like say they are 40% amber and u chop by the end of cure how amber are they then.

Im prob gunna start chopping at different stages and keeping track of the chrichomes so I know for next time what I like.

The pistils will amber out but the calyx and the leaf should stay just how you picked, however exposure to light will degrade it further from THC to CBD and CBN.

I don't usually pay attention to it once I pick, just being careful how much light exposure it gets.

I looked this morning and 95% have gone cloudy with the odd one still clear and only every so often an amber one. So I'm going to leave them till tomorrow, maybe tuesday if there isn't much change tomorrow and then they are going under the knife. They have gotten even more crystals in 3 days!

Sounds good, I like about twenty five percent or more amber! But I like the intense couch lock buzz, I cannot stand the anxiety of the uppity sativa buzz. Lol

I like to do a couple days of 24 hrs complete dark, it seems to really pack on the trichome production, in a last ditch effort to catch some pollen, it believes death is eminent. He he he.

Latest posts

Back