burning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
i just grabbed a 400 hps and its like 2 feet away from my clones they were under really weak light before and their going a bit burned at the ends of some of the leaves? is it too close and its burning the plant??

100_1080.JPG

you need a fan blowing on the plants. lift the light a bit more. my 1000w is only 22in away from mine and i dont have problems.

Get the light as close as you can without burning them. Stick your hand at canopy level if your hand gets hot you are to close. That distance should be around 10" to 12"

ill raise it a little maybe it just needs to be a bit farther for a little while, while it gets used to it. it KILLS my eyes though. i wanna get some shades. and i got a fan blowing on the bulb itself. i was told not to blow the fan directly at the plants.

thedonofchronic said:
ill raise it a little maybe it just needs to be a bit farther for a little while, while it gets used to it. it KILLS my eyes though. i wanna get some shades. and i got a fan blowing on the bulb itself. i was told not to blow the fan directly at the plants.

:rolleyes::confused2::ignore: I don't understand your reasoning?

also your picture is very small and theres no real detail on the plants to tell.

my camera sucks bigger pic wouldnt help muchj im hammered right now was at teh bar but yeah i duno what to do like im stressed about my babies. yojknow how it feels right? damn well i put it as far as it can go i dunno whats going on it cant really be nute burn, i give em like the smallest pinch of MG when watering...

thedonofchronic said:
it cant really be nute burn, i give em like the smallest pinch of MG when watering...

I'm going with nute burn, too. How much is "the smallest pinch"? When plants are that small, they generally do not need any nutes at all. What kind of soil did you have these in?

You clones looks pretty small to be getting nutes, let alone Miracle Grow, opps, yep like THG said, I'm slow.

haha literally their in MG soil right now also. and i mean just a pinch, but ill stop giving them nutes and see if thats the case. its a frusterating ordeal. but im gonna germ some seeds and put them under it and see what happens. and is it ok to leave a 400w on for 24hrs a day? seems sketchy

Well, the MG soil contains nutes--it really is not the best soil to use for MJ. You want to be able to regulate nutes and not just have them release when you water, which is what MJ soil does. If you are giving any extra nutes at all, I am pretty sure that they have to be suffering from nute burn. Your babies really do not need anything but pH'd water at this time in their lives--even the MG soil can cause problems.

thanks. your right. theyre just yellowing like crazy. its really sad.. i wont give em nutes any more ill just see what happens. thanks

Nute burn.If the light is that far away.A fan sure wouldn't hurt your cause a bit though.My 400hps is 5inches away in my cool tube.Good for penetration.

thedonofchronic said:
thanks. your right. theyre just yellowing like crazy. its really sad.. i wont give em nutes any more ill just see what happens. thanks

In addition to not giving them any more nutes, you should flush them ASAP. MG soil is just not good for your babies.

Latest posts

Back