Buying my ppm and ph pens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmateurAspirations said:
I got my PH pen off Ebay for about $12 and I've zero problems with it. I even dropped it in the res once. After 2 days of drying it was back to normal. It has stayed calibrated the lst 2 months as well. I wasted a buffer packet because i was unsure.

:yeahthat:

i exchanged the bluelab ppm pen for nutes. I got an 'accurate 3.5 ppm pen' with screw calibration system. works fine so far. my nutes now read 1040.
im happy but no more bluelabs for me. calibrates easy and im happy now.

Hey I don't fault ya brother. :confused2: I don't know why the Bluelabs don't want to work for you but if that happened to me, I'd do the same thing. I have a Hanna ppm pen that I have had for several years and it still reads quite accurately :)

update on bluelab: must be a Romney knockoff as they cant be calibrated with the screwdriver. If u dumb enough to buy it, u r a sucker. Buy the calibrating ones. no problems thereafter. bluelab in my opinion, at least for the ppm cheaper pens, they are a scam. They take them back so fast they make it obvious. If it doesnt use a screwdriver, then u r getting screwed. SCAM. I've never seen one work good. the screwdriver ppm are dependable. Bluelab is equivilent to online poker: SCAM. cant convince me otherwise so dont try again.

wats the perfect ph level for nutes when growing in soil? there are so many opinions? i heard anywhere from 5.5 - 6.8..

KoDak said:
wats the perfect ph level for nutes when growing in soil? there are so many opinions? i heard anywhere from 5.5 - 6.8..

I don't mean for this to come off wrong but, there is no opinion. Only facts. In soil your ph range needs to be between 6.3-6.8. I ph everything to 6.5.
The only exception is if you are doing a totally Organic grow and relying on a Micro Herd to break down the nutrients in the Organic soil and feed your plant.
I can't stress enough how important keeping things in the proper ph range is.
You need to have a good ph meter and need to keep it calibrated. Those ph paper strips suck, plain and simple. Invest the money in a ph pen or meter and calibrate it regularly and you will avoid the headaches of chasing down nutrient deficiencies caused by your ph being off and your plant not getting certain needed nutrients.

I like to use a neutral soil and add some perlite and sweet lime to it. The sweet lime helps keep the ph stable.

If you need a meter I use this place>>>>http://www.eseasongear.com/phtesting.html

I use Garden lime in my Gardens,,which also are Organic,,even started making my own compost.Love making compost tea and watchen it bubble in the bucket. My PH is around 6.8 to 7.0. I use the Soil Test Kits to Check my PH and NPK. My Veggy gardens thrive. I just lost my Peppers and Tomatoes cause I was outta town when the 1t freeze hit ,and they were loaded with fruit. I use a PH/temp pen in my Hydro grows.

rickyjack9 said:
update on bluelab: must be a Romney knockoff as they cant be calibrated with the screwdriver. If u dumb enough to buy it, u r a sucker. Buy the calibrating ones. no problems thereafter. bluelab in my opinion, at least for the ppm cheaper pens, they are a scam. They take them back so fast they make it obvious. If it doesnt use a screwdriver, then u r getting screwed. SCAM. I've never seen one work good. the screwdriver ppm are dependable. Bluelab is equivilent to online poker: SCAM. cant convince me otherwise so dont try again.

Any of them can have a bad run of products. Just make sure you keep it clean after each use so that chemical doesn't build up on it. :)

I gotta tell my Blu Lab experience
Ive had a Blulab Guardian monitor in constant service for 4 years, at 3 years some of the segments of the LED digits started to go out, at first it was still mostly readable but got worse fast.

I contacted Blulab to see if it could be factory serviced but they told me it was beyond its service life and would not repair it.

I found 4 digit 7 segment displays at Newark electronics and replaced all 3 for $30.00, I am so happy I don't have to replace it. :)

Growdude said:
I gotta tell my Blu Lab experience
Ive had a Blulab Guardian monitor in constant service for 4 years, at 3 years some of the segments of the LED digits started to go out, at first it was still mostly readable but got worse fast.

I contacted Blulab to see if it could be factory serviced but they told me it was beyond its service life and would not repair it.

I found 4 digit 7 segment displays at Newark electronics and replaced all 3 for $30.00, I am so happy I don't have to replace it. :)

Thanks Gd for sharing your experience. I have heard good things about Blulab.

and u probably heard bad things about Obama and ACA.
Bluelab is a scam, ACA is a great advancment for the USA.
Rest of developed world is universal health care which should be a RIGHT.
The corrupted health system advocates are BIG INSURANCE backers.
ssi, medicare, aca all had its slow start. R's go suck on your guns. did u know over half gun deaths are suicides? look it up. Hillary 2016. vote. 1 person, 1 vote IF current laws allow that is. Thats what the rich are really afraid of.
ps: way to go Harry Reid. about time. Filibusters of Obama=82, all of histories prior presidents total = 86. What happened to the value of a life?
PS. bluelab is a scam. buy one and find out if u want. R's think if u are suckered, then u r at fault for being a dummy. yuk. vote DEM or perish.

rickyjack9 said:
and u probably heard bad things about Obama and ACA.
Bluelab is a scam, ACA is a great advancment for the USA.
Rest of developed world is universal health care which should be a RIGHT.
The corrupted health system advocates are BIG INSURANCE backers.
ssi, medicare, aca all had its slow start. R's go suck on your guns. did u know over half gun deaths are suicides? look it up. Hillary 2016. vote. 1 person, 1 vote IF current laws allow that is. Thats what the rich are really afraid of.
ps: way to go Harry Reid. about time. Filibusters of Obama=82, all of histories prior presidents total = 86. What happened to the value of a life?
PS. bluelab is a scam. buy one and find out if u want. R's think if u are suckered, then u r at fault for being a dummy. yuk. vote DEM or perish.

Lol..ricky I agree with you on the ACA and the filibuster but I don't think this thread is the place for that. Thumbs up though. I don't think blulab is a scam. Personally I am happy with my middle of the road meter.

ok i take the bluelab comments back if you really believe all the rest.
Go buy Bluelabs everyone. They're the best. And not too expensive.

If we all keep growing, we'll be ok. (HRC 2016)
and I did get a thumbs up so I am optmistic. (vote)
thumbs up for 'The Furry One'.

Latest posts

Back