California Orange bud and NL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpdaddycoolz

Reaction score
Hello! Just thought i would give a sneak peak at whats going on in the shed...

Im currently running an Aeroponic 18 under a 600 watt HPS. Im using a 3 part nutrient. i have a constant water temperature of about 64.8 degrees F. There are actually 4 different strains devided into 4 sections with 2 extra of one strain.

6 - California Orange Bud
4 - White widow
4 - Northern Lights
4 - Snocap

I also have 2 extra snocap started at the same time and the growth is Phanomenal in the Hydro setup compared to the 2 in foxfarm soil.
My only problem is i dont have a pH meter but i change the water every 1 and a half weeks or so. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for looking!

PS... I started them on 12/12 last night. they have been 18/12 for about a month.I also have a Purple Urkle in soil thats on the right. Its not doing so well. Unsure of the problem. Im thinking the holes on the bottom are clogged. I flushed about a week ago and the soil is drenched and its still heavy. I poked holes through the soil, made more hole in the buckets and stuck a metal wire up through the original holes. I'll update on what happens.

:D

IMG00412.jpg

IMG00413.jpg

IMG00415.jpg

IMG00416.jpg

Do you find it difficult to grow so many different strains at one time or do they like the same nutrient levels?
:bong2:

Motor City Madman said:
Do you find it difficult to grow so many different strains at one time or do they like the same nutrient levels?
:bong2:

HAHAHAHA! i have no idea! i guess we'll have to wait it out and see. Soo far though everythings been running quite smoothly. I've done about 5 or 6 soil grows and always used the same nutrient solution. Most of my plants have always come out all right. I will note though that my smallest plants are my best ones. They are always the most dense. Ill keep you guys updated. I'll be changing the solution tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how they react.

Thanks for the comments!

Today, i added 2 SALMON CREEK BIG BUD x BLUE SATTELITE #1

as well as 1 GOD'S GIFT that i recieved from an aquaintance (who by the way is a HECK OF A GROWER!) i'll show you guys why tomorrow! the plants look wonderful!!!

but does anyone know what SALMON CREEK BIG BUD is? i can presume that it is a big bud offset, but does anyone know anything else?

Ill post some picks up tomorrow!

keep posting WW mainly lol or post it on my open thread when its budding so we can compare , i take it those are feminized mine are, only got 2 ww on the go though ... looks healthy GL

HAHAHA! yeah they do look pretty nice! its my best grow so far, with help from the hydro set-up of course.

But ummmm!!!! the White widow is cloned, i dont know if it was from a femanized plant or not. I obtained them from a club here is the bay area (california)

But yeah ill post pics up as i go. Im actually on my way out to check on all of them. Ill get some pictures and post em here in a few minutes...

the bush one that looks like a pruned tree is Gods gift. The lady right next to her is Salmon creek big bud.

There is also a male salmon creek off to the left side of the hydro system. I intend on producing some wonderful seeds! hahaha

OHHHH and i do have a picture here that contains mainly the white widow for UK1. Its the pic with my hand in it. Theres 6 plants in that section all WW

CIMG0744.jpg

CIMG0743.jpg

CIMG0742.jpg

CIMG0739.jpg

CIMG0741.jpg

im actually thinkin about adding a light mover as well. I have another 600 watt light but im trying to conserve on electricity on this grow.... Maybe after christmas, ill let you guys know how it goes.

Here's an update. I added the light mover. Now! im having other situations to worry about. I let the plants get too big before i switched then to 12/12. They're gonna be some giants... Tomorrow im going to build a.... i forget what they are called, but a screen to go over the top, as well as feeding them some HUMBOLDT COUNTY'S BUSHMASTER (that should do the trick).

The other situation is the possibility of males. Dont get me wrong, this grow was centered on producing seeds for myself as well as some good buds to go along with it.

I plan on taking the male big bud and crossing with each strain by first shaking the pollen into a few bags and introducing the bags to a few female stems toward the center. Finally! the problem is that i used seeds for half of my project (realizing that there was going to be some males, NOT realizing that this isn't a bucket grow anymore!) All of my plants roots are intertwined and if i get males, i now have to trim them back until the grow is over. The reason being, i want to know what i am producing. I dont want 3 different males making seeds and not knowing what i have. Most of the strains are female, but the california orange bud is the one im worried about. its looks like 1 or 2 of them may be male.

Anyhow, i'll get the situation under control. And my next grow i plan on using clones! strictly clones in this system anyways. Then i plan on vegging out some mothers from seeds that i produce. Heres some updated pics!

Im including a picture of one of the males. Most of the seeds are just preparing to show sex and i cant quite tell.

CIMG0827.JPG

CIMG0826.JPG

CIMG0822.JPG

CIMG0821.JPG

CIMG0820.JPG

CIMG0818.JPG

CIMG0817.JPG

Reactions: Uk1
nice mate , might wanna just bend/tie down if they get too close to light , im in that situation about the veg too long , dropped the ladies down as far as they can go but i'll soon be bending them down, i hate to top em ..... never ever top em its horrible the outcome .

fair enough its a light mover but theres only so far it will move to im guessing :p

where's the WW ones nowadays in your circle of love lol - how far into flower also, didnt see that if you posted it.

rippinthewidow said:
looking great so far. i'm looking forward to seeing how those cali orange buds turn out.
:yeahthat: I got some Cali-O growing right now so Ill be:watchplant: .. .

Nice looking setup! :D You are soon to be out of room once they take off. A suggestion for when, or if one of the seedlings turns male. Cut the stalk off with sharp pruners an inch from the bottom and only remove the rest of the stalk when you are done. That way, the male is out of there and you didn't disturb any roots. Good luck!

420benny said:
Nice looking setup! :D You are soon to be out of room once they take off. A suggestion for when, or if one of the seedlings turns male. Cut the stalk off with sharp pruners an inch from the bottom and only remove the rest of the stalk when you are done. That way, the male is out of there and you didn't disturb any roots. Good luck!

So the roots aren't going to rought are they? if i cut them like that?

and also, i looked this morning and im actually not seeing any males beside the one that i intentionally obtained. a few of the cali-o are not quiet ready, they have the sex organ but its real tiny... cant quite tell

and to UK1, i did! hahaha i just tied like 5 of them down yesterday morning. i also fed them some of the bushmaster and i've had nothing but great turnout with that! they always stay that height once fed, they just bush out. I topped a few of them, i havn't had the worst of luck topping. ya know, like everyone says, you dont get the big cola at the top however...

the white widow are toward the right side of the setup. There are about 6 of them. there toward the plants in seperate containers. The Cali-o are on the other side of the setup.

I'll take pics and individually label each area so you guys can get the idea. They haven't changed much at all since the last pics. so ill give em a week or two and take some more

Im 3 weeks into flowering now. Most of the plants are beginning to flower, The cali-o are bein a little shy to show me their privates! :hubba:

Reactions: Uk1
Ohhh theres a pic up there with my hand halfway into it. That whole area is white widow.

looking good. you said youve done 6 soil grows before? how did those go, about how much yeild did you get from them? like about how much from each plant??

jetBLACK said:
looking good. you said youve done 6 soil grows before? how did those go, about how much yeild did you get from them? like about how much from each plant??

Umm my last indoor soil grow i pulled about a oz and a half off each plant. i had 14 plants

Before this one though i had done my outdoor grow. Terrible crop. it was a devastating blow below the belt! hahaha I pulled about a lb and a half. But to remind you. I had about 30 plants in 5 gallon buckets outside.

Actually i had 3 in trash cans. Every single one of my plants was infested with caterpillers and borers... They literally ate my plants apart. I tried everything to get them off. Nothing worked...

Most of the 30 plants were late starts, real small. But maybe produced a half oz a plant? MAYBE! Even with the big ones, i pulled 10 oz's off of them all together. they were over 5 feet tall each.

Latest posts

Back