came to a conclusion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
since theres very very low hope left on my plant, im just gonna stop asking questions, bc its gonna be hard to help me on this plant, im just gonna wing the rest of it, and see what happens, instead of pulling the plug. this would be more fun see if i make anything improve on my own or if it just dies, either way oh well. ill still be posting on the site though. and still need to be studying things. but yeah, wish me luck on the final bits of flowering working out some lol.

edit: and if things start looking better on it, i might post up a few pics, probably in this thread though, that way i dont just create new threads all the time.

Hey Bud, good to here your not giving up! Good luck in future endeavors and remember you can never learn to much! Keep in touch and make sure you check out my grow log when I start in a couple weeks

Phatpharmer

i will check it out man. and thanks. The plant looks a bit healthier actually and the main cola looks like its actually doing something for once. who knows maybe this will work out. People tell me to kick it over, but im glad i havent been listening to those ones. I just hope that when this is done the buds still look atleast as good lol. because its all looking tasty. some body told me to trim some burnt leaves and im gonna do that if i dont get some people saying bad idea. im not gonna trim them a lot, just the badly burn ones are gonna get a bit of a trim. the brown leaves are kinda looking a copper color now, kinda cool looking, but i know its from abuse. leaves are getting a bit perkier, and if no one tells me not to do this, then also im gonna add some green light insecticide stuff to get rid of my spider mites so these can get healthier quicker. its for fruit says use up to day of harvest. but im probably just gonna do it tonight and in a week or so. ill be reading up on that type of thing today though. the main stems getting thicker too, which is good. its just about supporting itself finally, last thread i made if i unstringed it it just fell straight over, but now it just leans to the left lol. my ph meter also tells me how moist it is so i know perfect times to water. thanks to everyone thats tried to help and to the ones that have helped. if it wasnt for this forum, i wouldnt have had anything going in my closet at all right now, because they wouldve died a long time ago. lol, with my incandescent hahahha. but yeah, just thought id let you guys know how shes doing. Ill put pics up in a little bit, so if you see this thread disappear and pop back up, youll know why. ill probably put pics on here in a week or two. oh and i had a flouro tube but it was more by the top, i moved it last night so it gave good side lighting, so i think im doing the best i can right now with what i have. thanks for the input and for the next sets of input.

schoolboy420 said:
i will check it out man. and thanks. The plant looks a bit healthier actually and the main cola looks like its actually doing something for once. who knows maybe this will work out. People tell me to kick it over, but im glad i havent been listening to those ones. I just hope that when this is done the buds still look atleast as good lol. because its all looking tasty. some body told me to trim some burnt leaves and im gonna do that if i dont get some people saying bad idea. im not gonna trim them a lot, just the badly burn ones are gonna get a bit of a trim. the brown leaves are kinda looking a copper color now, kinda cool looking, but i know its from abuse. leaves are getting a bit perkier, and if no one tells me not to do this, then also im gonna add some green light insecticide stuff to get rid of my spider mites so these can get healthier quicker. its for fruit says use up to day of harvest. but im probably just gonna do it tonight and in a week or so. ill be reading up on that type of thing today though. the main stems getting thicker too, which is good. its just about supporting itself finally, last thread i made if i unstringed it it just fell straight over, but now it just leans to the left lol. my ph meter also tells me how moist it is so i know perfect times to water. thanks to everyone thats tried to help and to the ones that have helped. if it wasnt for this forum, i wouldnt have had anything going in my closet at all right now, because they wouldve died a long time ago. lol, with my incandescent hahahha. but yeah, just thought id let you guys know how shes doing. Ill put pics up in a little bit, so if you see this thread disappear and pop back up, youll know why. ill probably put pics on here in a week or two. oh and i had a flouro tube but it was more by the top, i moved it last night so it gave good side lighting, so i think im doing the best i can right now with what i have. thanks for the input and for the next sets of input.

OMG. Paragraphs!!!
But best of luck to you..

lol, thanks. and yeah as you can tell i did horrible in english classes(and gramar) lol.

hey guys, just added in some green light fruit tree spray for the my mite problem. hope it works and i hope it doesnt harm my plant. thought i would throw that in there.

Hey man DO NOT TRIM YOUR LEAVES! I feel like I'm telling people this all the time, regardless of how damaged they are it is worse for the plant to lose that resource than be on there. The only benefit to trimming leaves is for cosmetics, to make it look better for the grower, but it is bad for the plant. When/if the leaf completely dies the plant will drop it and all you have to do is then throw it away. Check out my journal, I always enjoy more visitors(lol), but more importantly you will see some leaves that were damaged early on but have now continued growing and doing fine, except they look ugly. Even though it looks ugly, it is a resource for that plant and helps it grow. The more leaves a plant has the more efficiently it can be at photosynthesis. Once a leaf is damaged it will never fix the burnt parts, but it may continue to grow if it doesn't die.

I think I've read about your plant before and probably given you advice but if not to strengthen that stem you need an oscillating fan, and adequate light will keep it shorter and fatter. Also try pinching the stem, when it heals it will be stronger and thicker. If your not familiar with this and can't find the thread(s) let me know and I will get you a link.

I am constantly learning, and I try to read as much as possible and do as much research as possibly, but there is a lot to be said about just getting a grow under your belt. No matter how bad that plant looks I'm sure you've learned a ton from the experience. On the next grow you'll know so much more than you did going into this one. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and keep it growing unless you absolutely needed to kill it for the room. I'm rambling, I'm done.

cadlakmike1 said:
Hey man DO NOT TRIM YOUR LEAVES! I feel like I'm telling people this all the time, regardless of how damaged they are it is worse for the plant to lose that resource than be on there. The only benefit to trimming leaves is for cosmetics, to make it look better for the grower, but it is bad for the plant. When/if the leaf completely dies the plant will drop it and all you have to do is then throw it away. Check out my journal, I always enjoy more visitors(lol), but more importantly you will see some leaves that were damaged early on but have now continued growing and doing fine, except they look ugly. Even though it looks ugly, it is a resource for that plant and helps it grow. The more leaves a plant has the more efficiently it can be at photosynthesis. Once a leaf is damaged it will never fix the burnt parts, but it may continue to grow if it doesn't die.

I think I've read about your plant before and probably given you advice but if not to strengthen that stem you need an oscillating fan, and adequate light will keep it shorter and fatter. Also try pinching the stem, when it heals it will be stronger and thicker. If your not familiar with this and can't find the thread(s) let me know and I will get you a link.

I am constantly learning, and I try to read as much as possible and do as much research as possibly, but there is a lot to be said about just getting a grow under your belt. No matter how bad that plant looks I'm sure you've learned a ton from the experience. On the next grow you'll know so much more than you did going into this one. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and keep it growing unless you absolutely needed to kill it for the room. I'm rambling, I'm done.

i was thinking about trimming tonight actually then i stumbled across one of your posts saying DO NOT TRIM, and that if it dies the plant will shed it, and i decided not to lol so yeah you do say it all the time hah. but yeah thanks for that.

yeah you helped me quite a lot on this one actually. and the oscillating fans how much do they usually run? and by that i mean price if you were to guess. ill check the grow journal after this is sent out. and i read about piching, do it to the main stem to or just the ones with fan leaves? and since its in flower im actually supposed to roll it between my fingers right not just pinch til i hear the crack? it does need to be stronger, i think about the only reason its not leaning over is because i bought string hah.

and oh yeah started out thinking water and a pot and a light and a seed and ill have a plant. lol now i know a LOOOOOTTTT but not enough.

I'm really glad I could help, as much as this site has given me I try to give back as much as I can. I have no idea how much it costs to run a fan but it has to be dirt cheap, it is about the simplest of motors. Do not pinch until you hear it crack, you pinch until you feel it crack. It will sort of go soft between your fingers and then it may want to bend at that spot, just be gentle. Do you have any recent pics posted, I'd like to see it to make sure it's not too thin and lanky to pinch. If it's too thin and lanky you might want to not pinch out of fear of it bending in half and not being able to stand back up. It's really hard to explain until you do it but you'll see. This is your plant to experiment on so if you screw it up it's not the end of the world. I've heard about people rolling but that's not how I do it. I also only pinch in veg though.

yeah, if you search my threads youll see the one that starts out like AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! or something like that and i think thats the most recent, idk for sure ill check and repost. it is pretty thin and lanky though, but you can judge if you want. it is still producing nice looking buds, so id like to not make it a complete experiment plant lol. the plant just looks and acts unhealthy as hell. lol

Like I said in bluealiens thread, i don't like to pinch once buds start for two reasons, first it diverts energy and resources from producing bud to now fixing the damage where you pinched. Secondly I try to avoid stressing the plant during flower, I had a hermie once and it was an abomination!

also lol i didnt mean how much does it cost to run the fun. i meant how much do the fans usually cost. haha

cadlakmike1 said:
Like I said in bluealiens thread, i don't like to pinch once buds start for two reasons, first it diverts energy and resources from producing bud to now fixing the damage where you pinched. Secondly I try to avoid stressing the plant during flower, I had a hermie once and it was an abomination!

woops wouldve just added that to this one if i wouldve realized you responded, computer died and started up showing no one replied yet.

but yeah, then id rather keep her up by strings than to lose more bud than im already losing lol. i dont think ill get much at all but it looks like its gonna be good, but ill wait til harvest to decide, if it makes it. hah

and ill be lucky if this isnt a hermie, i think its had its share of stress, but cant recall an exact time in flower. just doing the best i can with this one.

They're cheap, you could probably get a 12" for around $20 or less brand new. If you haven't bought one by summer people always have them at yard sales. If you have a penny saver type of newspaper(cheap newspaper for selling junk) you could probably find one there for under $10.

ah not bad, i was just hoping you werent talking about the more expensive type fans lol. ill be on that one this week or next, when i get money

Latest posts

Back