Can I benefit by changing out my 400w HPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
I have this kit
www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=47929[/URL]

can I benefit at all by going to this bulb
www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=54429[/URL]

Im thinking with the bulb I have Im just not getting the perfect light spectrum

Opinons?

Check your links (and change to hxxp- site rules). When I tried it the site said the page has moved.

Just tell us what light you're looking at.

BBFan said:
Check your links (and change to hxxp- site rules). When I tried it the site said the page has moved.

Just tell us what light you're looking at.

A sunmaster or hortilux

Not sure what brand mine is but I swear I've seen other HPS give off a different light specturm. And I know mine has to be a cheaper HPS bulb. Not sure if that matters or not though

I just recently replaced my expensive Hortilux Super HPS with a cheap $22.00 jobber. Look up my thread, "Hortilux versus cheap HPS" The overall consensus was that the more expensive bulbs, in general, weren't worth the extra money. So far, I'm happy with my cheap $22.00 lamp.

Alistair Young said:
I just recently replaced my expensive Hortilux Super HPS with a cheap $22.00 jobber. Look up my thread, "Hortilux versus cheap HPS" The overall consensus was that the more expensive bulbs, in general, weren't worth the extra money. So far, I'm happy with my cheap $22.00 lamp.

Do you by chance know what spectrum your cheap bulb is?

Ill look up your thread when I get back home

I'm sorry, but after a ten minute search I was unable to find exact specs for the lamp. But, I will say that it works just fine, and I can't tell the difference between it and the Hortilux Super HPS that I was using. Of course, I'm not doing a side-by-side test with the two lamps, but so far, I'm happy with the results.

Latest posts

Back