Can you have green light in your grow room when ights are off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score
Hey guys so i was reading in cannabis culture and someone said the add green christmas lights in there grow room so they can do work when the lights are off. Is this true it kinda makes sense it was saying that Mj plants dont take in green light.

If anyone knows for sure if this works i would love to hear what you know.

From what i have read and searched on the web i think it works but i am not quite sure.

they cant use the green spectrum of light. thats why they look green to us, you are safe.

a lil FYI to for me to remeber when i go indoors this winter thanks guys....

now my overanylytical mind has changed once again by the influence of someone wit greater experience than i. thanks grow dude.. ya got another good point once again...

But the thing is i read in CC (cannabis culture) That a grower from the Mag does this with green christmas lights. i dont think they would have that in there if ot was harmfull to thew plants. I will find the artical i read and post it.

I also found a green head lamp that is supposed to be for going in your grow room when its dark.

thc is good for me said:
But the thing is i read in CC (cannabis culture) That a grower from the Mag does this with green christmas lights. i dont think they would have that in there if ot was harmfull to thew plants. I will find the artical i read and post it.

I also found a green head lamp that is supposed to be for going in your grow room when its dark.

Im not saying you cant but I dont like takin chances and have never had to get to mine in the dark.

I'm with Growdude on this one, why take the chance?

I dont want to go in my grow room in the dark very much just when i have to if somthing goes wrong. but i just wanted to know if it was true that MJ cant absorb green light.

Plants are green for a reason. Green is the only part of the spectrum of light that is reflected back. They absorb everything else as energy.

Take a stop sign. What color would you call it? My guess is RED. The only reason you see red, is because every other color is absorbed OTHER than red. That is the color that reflects, and that is why you see it as red. so technically speaking, the stop sign is actually every color BUT red.

Any green plant CANNOT use GREEN light. I've met quite a few very smart people who grow gardens indoors, and they think that plants "just need to see light." No plant "sees" light. They just absorb the energy. Plants dont have eyes. They dont know night and day, they just know energy. Plants convert sunlight into food. They cant use green light for anything, because they ARE green. This is according to Jorge Cervantes of High Times Magazine.

And dont paint your bulb green, go to ace hardware and buy a 4 dollar green "party light." No green plant is affected by green light...

Don't believe me? Answer me one question then.

What color is the sun? I bet everyone here thinks its obvious, but it isnt...

What color is the sun? I bet everyone here thinks its obvious, but it isnt...
..."white",... why?.. because it is reflecting the entire spectrum of colors.... am I right? :p Black is the result of all colors(spectrum) being absorbed..
BUT.. a very low wattage 'green' light is recommended, and then only if it "absolutely" necessary.. IMO. Do your maintenance during lights on.. "simple solution"...
There is nothing you can do to them in the dark with a green light, that can't be accomplished during the normal "lights on" cycle, and you are avoiding the "possibility" of a problem.

Latest posts

Back