Cannabis as an herb: is it alkaline or acid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
In an effort to reduce acidity in my body, I was wondering if cannabis is an alkaline herb like cinnamon or tumeric? If so, would the alkalinity only be available in the raw plant material?

Is marijuana acidic or alkaline?

images

slightly acidic

Cannabis, like many plants, prefers slightly acidic soil conditions. It tolerates a wide pH range (5.0-7.0) without symptoms of bronzing or interveinal chlorosis (yellowing of top leaves), but pH levels outside of the optimal range of 5.8 – 6.2 will limit growth

Thank you. But my question meant to ask if I were to eat cannabis, would it have an acidic or alkaline effect on my body e.g., increase or decrease Ph?

are you talking about your blood Ph?

acidosis and alkalosis are real

are you talking about your blood Ph?

acidosis and alkalosis are real
Not blood so much as more of a corporeal state of either acid/akaline. Kidneys try very hard to keep blood at a normal ph I have read, so as to avoid strain on them one is supposed to avoid hitting acid-generating foods: the fun stuff-meat & sugar & booze. So, I was wondering if cannabis provides any buffering to an acidic overload?
Based on knowing no chemistry/science whatsoever, was thinking that since tomatoes are an acid-loving plant, as is cannabis; but they are alkaline when consumed by humans. Thusly, perhaps, maybe cannabis would provide that same buffering? A comforting thought.

Thank you. But my question meant to ask if I were to eat cannabis, would it have an acidic or alkaline effect on my body e.g., increase or decrease Ph?
Nope. The truth is most Alkaline diets don't do shit to the ph of the blood.
But it can help your organs work better and not push them so hard trying to keep your blood pH normalized.

Latest posts

Back