carbonated water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankcos

Reaction score
I was just watching a video from that Green Guy on youtube. He said a good way to get c02 to your plants is to spray them with carbonated water. Anybody know if this works?

I doubt if there is enough co2 in the carbonated water. about 1400-1500ppms are needed along with higher temps.

frankcos said:
I was just watching a video from that Green Guy on youtube. He said a good way to get c02 to your plants is to spray them with carbonated water. Anybody know if this works?

LOL--NO. I cannot believe that the Green Guy is advocating this. It is truly bunk. If you want your plants to get more CO2, exchange your air more often.

The green guy on youtube also said to top your plants a week in flower. I have done this twice before i learned from you guys here that this isnt ideal.

tryguy2011 said:
The green guy on youtube also said to top your plants a week in flower. I have done this twice before i learned from you guys here that this isnt ideal.

Although this is true, you NEVER want to make any cuts during flowering unless absolutely necessary; I do believe that spraying the leaves of the plant several times a day will in fact increase the amount of co2 received... But as mentioned above, good air exchange will probably be just as well! You'd have to stand over your ladies all day waiting on water to evaporate so you could replaceit with new drops! Not the way I wanna spend my time waiting for the buds to come in!

All this carbonated water spraying sounds like aload of old bullcrap to me,its just got to be because it sounds like crap,i dont know where Mr green got this one from but its not from this planet thats for sure

I would suggest everyone thinking about growing watch the film, as an instructional video of how NOT TO DO IT! That "Mr. Green guy" is a PITA IMHO and I was trying to be real nice there!
I used his idea's & techniques to build my first room, it was all I had as a blueprint.

Building the room, fine, it works. I followed his instructions at first, then when I found things werent going quite as I hoped for, I did more research and found almost everything from a botanical point of view either very out of date or very wrong and misleading.

JMO of course.
P W

lol, my local hydro shop suggested I watch this green guy's vids and learn from him....glad I didn't. Also glad I do my garden shopping elsewhere now.

Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions... I wasn't sure this was accurate info.I guess I shouldn't believe those green guys any more.

Yeah save your money for upgrades that will make a difference. Better lights, fans,and ect.

What I have learned in these few short months of growing is that miracle products are never what they say in the tin! Get the basics right, environment, lighting, ventilation, nutrients etc miracle products are not needed. Look round the bud of the month pics here or any of the GJ's with monster harvests and you wont see CO2 bottles or fizzy water anywhere. They will all come from dialed in rooms and skilled growers, not a bad set of targets to aim for IMO.

biggerbuds said:
All this carbonated water spraying sounds like aload of old bullcrap to me,its just got to be because it sounds like crap,i dont know where Mr green got this one from but its not from this planet thats for sure

Idk, the leaves in clones supply the plant with water from the humid air, I think maybe spraying with carbonated water might actually supply small amounts of co2 as well! Though whether or not you could spray it often enough, or it supply enough co2 so that it would be beneficial without having some sort of withering effect from too much water is still debatable... It sounds far fetched, but I'm not convinced to dismiss the notion!

woodydude said:
What I have learned in these few short months of growing is that miracle products are never what they say in the tin! Get the basics right, environment, lighting, ventilation, nutrients etc miracle products are not needed. Look round the bud of the month pics here or any of the GJ's with monster harvests and you wont see CO2 bottles or fizzy water anywhere. They will all come from dialed in rooms and skilled growers, not a bad set of targets to aim for IMO.
Interesting perspective; and I agree whole-heartedly!

"tonic" gives me a wicked headache.. ;)

Hick said:
"tonic" gives me a wicked headache.. ;)

It's the tonic is it? All this time I thought it was the gin.....guess I'll just have to give up the tonic.

I never spray my plants with anything except borg killer. Like THG said, if you think you need more CO2, improve the air exchange rate in the space.

Latest posts

Back