cfl and hid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the plant is sexually mature, she will show alternating nodes on her main stem, you should be able to see sex by this time as well...but not always! My understanding is that you can flip the plant anytime you wish, but budding won't take place until the plant is ready. I've also read where the plants are at higher risk of hermie, prone to stretch or airy buds if plants are flipped before they're ready.

Bleek187 said:
Hey Roddy

i have a question for you... its about plants being mature.. i keep seeing this saying "sexualy mature" and im wondering what exactly this means..
now i have read before to veg for 2 months before you flower.. but it goes without saying that the plant will be pretty big after 2 months of veg.. I usualy take clones, root for 2 weeks, veg for 1-2 weeks, and then flower.. this means my plants are still very small when they start flower.. id say no more than 6 to 8" tall.. but they grow cray fast and big under the HPS.. give me nice big nugs and usualy 2+ ounces per plant. SOO

what exactly is sexualy mature? is there something the plant does? is there something you can see on it? how exactly do U know if and when a plant is sexualy mature? and does it flower better? faster? bigger? when its mature? thanks
A plant is not going to flower at all until it's sexually mature... Anytime you take clones, they are as genetically old as the mother, so if the mother is sexually mature, the clones will flower straight from rooting! This is why many growers maintain a sea of green of only single cola clone gardens; Maintaining one healthy mother for additional cloning needs, and a new batch of cuttings taking root with each harvest! you can even split your flowering room into parts and space out your flowering cycle (i.e. you have 3x3 space for flower(as do I), you can split it into quarters and flower an 8 week cycle in two week intervals, producing a small harvest every two weeks! this gives the mother time to heal between cuttings, and the cuttings to take root between harvests!I think I will employ a similar method to this and see what sort of yield I will get over a three month period of this rotation, and compare it to a normal 3 month harvest from seed to flower. It would be interested to see if more, smaller plants in rapid successive harvests could compete with a full tent of larger ladies! hmmm.... Anyways, here are some comparison photos between a regular immature node, and a sexually mature alternating node!
regular node.jpgalternating nodes.jpg Alternating
Regular

Thats how I run my grow Gix.
I dont keep a mother any more though, it just takes up space, that will change if I get an awesome pheno though.
This is how I do it.
Take cuttings, by 2 weeks they will have rooted and go into bubbler1 (small) they sit there for 2 weeks in a 30% nute solution, after that, into a 66% bigger bubbler for 2 weeks and then lastly into full strength veg solution for 2 weeks, cuttings being taken the week they go into this solution.
It gives me a few oz every 2 weeks, IMO best way to use my space with fewest "plants".
Another benefit is that I have had 5 harvests, small I know, but the experience gained in just 5 months working this way would take a normal novice grower over 2 years to acquire.

HID lighting is the most efficient way to convert electricity into light that is available to the consumer. There are two types of HID grow lights used for horticultural lighting:
1)Metal Halide - MH--Metal halide bulbs produce an abundance of light in the blue spectrum. This color of light promotes cannabis plant growth and is excellent for green leafy growth and keeping cannabis plants compact. It is the best type of light to be used as a primary light source (if no or little natural sunlight is available).
2)High Pressure Sodium - HPS--High pressure sodium bulbs emit an orange-red glow. This band of light triggers hormones in cannabis plants to increase flowering/budding in cannabis plants. They are the best lights available for secondary or supplemental lighting (used in conjunction with natural sunlight).

Latest posts

Back