CFL potency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raw Dog

Reaction score
Does using cfls to flower affect the potency of the bud at all? Im thinkin cfls probably dont yield as much bud as HPS but what about just the smoke. Is there less quality in the overall smoke. Anyone know this

No its not less quality in the smoke. There are a couple strains where its recommended to use CFLs actually.
Right many autos say that.
Some I think its just the UV helping. Which you can buy a UV CFL and run it a few hours a day (most CFL growers run it about 4 hours per) with your regulars and it all becomes the same thing.

Just scroll down to my post on here and see what CFLs can do.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46088

IMO the potency is not affected I have been growing with CFL's for a yr now to prove to can be done.
Check the BET in sig

What they can do under cfl and what they could have done under HID's is very different.

:peace:

HIE that may be the under statement of the year. I don't believe CFL will ever out produce HID's. They just don't have the lumens to do it. But if they are all you can afford til you can save the money you were spending of smoke, then go ahead and take the first step to growing your own.

Area of a grow depends on it also. Cause CFL doesnt have the coverage. Even though they can provide up to 5x or more the proper feeding red spectrum. They just dont have the muscle to power bigger areas.
4sq and under. CFLs can do a superior job. And thats according to guys like Ed Rosenthal. I know some dont care for him, But if Sensi likes him enough to name a strain after him, then his word is good enough for me.

I have to disagree with some of the posts in here..I've seen some amazing grows with CFL's. yeild dropped but doing side by side comparison using the same exact soil mix and clones from the same mom..yeild was affected not potency.
HID's are great, but if only growing a plant or two and don't have a great budget CFL's is a way for newbs to spend under 100 bucks on a grow and get some weed..find out if they even like to grow.
If they find they don't like to grow, then they can use the bulbs elsewhere..instead of seeing yet another used HID on Ebay.

posted cuz of mentalpatients cfl grow whiteberry that looked real good and i doubt the high he got was less than anything grown from HID.

Latest posts

Back