cfl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot enough to burn a little foilage on contact after being left on for a day or two I'd say. But generally, you don't have to worry as much, if any foilage does come in contact and you got a fan blowing in the room, the bulb will more than likely stay cool enough to keep your plants safe.

None at all unless you have the leafs right up against it..:aok:

It's the 42 and higher you really gotta watch out for. They can heat up your grow box if you don't have good ventilation.

I was wondering about how many cfl's you would need to grow only one plant... anyone?

You could use one but with a reflector a ways into the vegging stage mind you it might be stretched and growth will be quite slow.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
You could use one but with a reflector a ways into the vegging stage mind you it might be stretched and growth will be quite slow.

well how many should to be used then?

As many as you can possibly get on the plant without heat being an issue. How big is your grow area? The more cfls you have, the better your yield is going to be. Cfls arent very good for flowering. The more lumens, the better. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I'd start by getting reflectors and a few 42 watters or 64's. Reflectors, in my opinion are very important. You lose so many lumens if you don't direct the light straight from the bulb to the plant. A bulb without a reflector will shoot light in all directions so only a portion of the light actually hits your plant right away or at all.

I have flowered a 1 foot beast using 2x 42's and two 27's. It was extremely crystally and potent for sure. Smelling the bud was simply bliss. Check out my signature's link entitled "Last Years Grow Cab" to check it out. It was an all CFL grow and it turned out nice. I think you can do same or better!

Mental said it. The reflectors will have a huge effect on your yield. Definitely make sure to make some or get some. Just my thoughts. Good stuff Mental. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back