Check it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome veg room man---ur plants lokk very happy---where is ur flowering room

This is my first time growing. I'm gonna build a box this weekend probably going to be the flowering room. The two big plants are 1 month and 2 weeks old. When would you recommend flowering? I'm sure it'll be a while right?

if u don't have sexed clones---u are a long way away from flowering friend---u need to sex them 1st and cull ur males---each female plant will be as large as u like---u dont want to over fill the flower space

looks like u grow from seed---all plants are male, female, or hermaphodite---top shelf is sensimillia/female flowers---the plants will show their gender when u get alternating nodes---if u like to keep them short---put them on a 12/12 light cycle asap so they show sex sooner than later---males go in the trash---good seed stock gives u a 50/50---M--F ratio---so 1/2 of what u got s/b female---ie---20 plants = 10 females---u need space to grow 10 plants

I cant exactly switch to 12-12 right now because I have plants that are 1 month and two weeks, plants that are about 3 weeks old and plants about 2 weeks old. A few of them are going in the ground and I guess ill cross my fingers and hope they're female. But males go bye bye. The two big plants are most important to me cause well, ive had them longest and experienced growers are saying theyre female. They're staying in pots and ill set them outside during the day. But, is my first grow and although I want large yeils, im not expexting large yeilds.

Im just trying to learn as much as I can, you feel me?

i feel ya---this place is called passion for a reason---these peeps knoe how to grow---whoever told u those were female are high---i wish u notheing but the best---but reality is those have not shown their sex yet

if u stick around here---someone here will hold ur hand thru a successful harvest

read the stickies in the different forum topics

Lol yeah. I have no clue. I couldnt tell if they were male or female. Id really like to have some clones off a for-sure female. But I appreciate the help!

there are many here willing to put the time in with u and ur successful grow---many have blazed this trail---all the info is here---be patient---do u plan to trnsplant to larger pots or grow outdoors in the ground

trad read read the stickies

Id like to keep a few in bigger pots and some in the ground. I would have some in the ground already but im afraid frost would hurt them .

Hi Smokester,

Orangesunshine has got your back. He is correct that you have to sex your plants before putting into flower. First a plant gets alternating nodes. That means when you look at your plant now all the stems coming off the main stalk are even with each other. A plant is getting mature when those stems are not even, alternating. THEN, you start looking for either female parts or male balls. There are a lot of pictures we can help you with when you get there.
If you plant boys and girls out together, all you will get is seeded pot. you probably don't want that....
we will get you thru this....

You are getting some significant stretch on your smaller plants. This tells us that you either do not have enough light or your light is too far away or both. First of all, don't start any more seeds. As you can see it can be problematic when you have a bunch of seeds started at different times. Second, you need to do something to raise the smaller plants up so that you have an even canopy--set them on milk crates, boxes, something like that. Otherwise the 2 larger plants will continue to get larger and the smaller ones will be spindly with very few bud sites. Next, get your lights right down within a couple of inches of the top of the plants, which now should have a nice even canopy. You need some kind of oscillating fan in there to move the air around and help strengthen the stems. Tell us about the lights you are using--size, type, wattage, lumens (if you know).

I'm going to talk about genetics a bit. If you used seed you got out of a good bag of weed, chances are that the seeds are a result of selfing. These seeds were created by the female sprouting male parts. This makes the hermy gene dominant and hermies beget hermies. If you end up with all females this is almost certainly the case.

Before you start building a flowering box, you need to know what you are going to need out of a flowering box. You need to figure out how many plants you want to grow and how much you can afford--you will need to step up your lighting, you will need a good ventilation system and misc other things. I can absolutely guarantee you that you are going to need way way more light than you have now. Flowering requires a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft. This much light creates some heat.

You cannot put plants outdoors until all danger of frost has passed--frost will indeed hurt them. What are you feeding them?

two 4 foot fluorescents are okay but are kind of slow in vegging, the more the light the faster they will grow. you need to set up a flowering room where you will need HPS exhaust fan timer irrigation etc... how much space you have available for flowering? how much do you want to grow? answering these questions will help you decide what light to use. if it were for personal consumption for one person, then I guess 400w will suffice most smokers. Listen to the growers in MP, in this place you receive reliable info

The lights im using are 400 watt and thats about all I know about them other than they're 4 foot long. I got lucky by finding them in an old garage out at an uncles place. I cant really afford a whole lot of anything lol. I just thought id try growing and see what would happen. I can put movies under the smaller plants to get them closer to the lights too. But these lights seem to put off a large amout of heat. I have a tiny little desk fan I was using but there wasn't a whole lot of room for it. (Im sure I can make room tho). The seeds did just come from a good bag. I only wanna grow for personal use. Any bud produced would be less id have to buy.

Im looking around for more lights. I guess I can build the box as big as I wanted to. I was gonna build it 2 feet wide, 5 feet long, and like 3 feet tall. Ill find a way to hang the lights after I build the box. But im going to put some in ground and hope frost doesnt get them. I really only expect to have maybe 10 potted plants in the new box. ( I didnt even think about 2 seperate rooms for veg and flowering. I was gonna do it all in 1. I was just gong to get the males out and just grow).

Lol idk what you mean by feed them but I got them in potting mix with miracle grow in it already. I water them with rain water.

Latest posts

Back