Check it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you found a use for your old vhs tapes. I think your plants can be closer to the lights, about 2 to 3''.

Lol I sure did find a good use for them. and I put them up a lil closer to the light

So I thought of a way to switch to 12:12 to sex them. I'm going to put a divider in the middle to separate the two big ones from all the other ones. I'll leave the two big ones on for 12:12 and the other ones on 16/8. How long do I keep them on 12:12? Or should I put them all on 12/12? And After I sex them do they go back to 16/8 or do they stay on 12/12?

based on ur current conditions i would---12/12 all of them and prepare to move them elsewhere when females are confirmed---or just move them to their final resting space outside now---ur space is too small for that # of maturing plants---weather they are switched back to a 24hr light after sexing depends on how much space u have for flowering---do u have an indoor flowering space---how about a flowering HPS light

what are ur height restrictions for a mature plant in doors---or---are they all going outside---how long is the outdoor growing season---can they go out side now

ur plants will ultimately pay u back based ur efforts to provide them with optimal growing conditions---they look healthy now but what u got going on there looks to be a recipe for a host of poor conditions as they outgrow their space---same as a kid---needs change as they mature

read the stickies on grow room set ups---the most important ingredienst to a successful harvest in an indoor grow is the proper lighting and exchange of fresh air

I want to tell you right off the bat that I am not trying to discourage you, but growing cannabis is not like growing tomatoes. It takes time, money, knowledge, dedication and love. But I am going to give it to you straight.

I am not sure what lights you have, but they are not 400W as fluoros like that are not manufactured at 400W....any where by anybody. I am guessing that the bulbs are T8s or T12s and 32 or 40W. While this will veg for a while it will not be adequate for later veg or flowering. Lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. For vegging, you need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft and for flowering you need 5000 lumens. The light for vegging needs to be in the 6500K range and the spectrum for flowering needs to be in the 2500K range.

You need ventilation also. You need to give your plants a continual supply of fresh air for proper photosynthesis. There needs to be an oscillating fan in your space to move the air around. Later you will need a good quality exhaust fan.

The box thing will not work. You absolutely have to have a separate place to flower. If you simply split the cardboard box, there is not way that you can make it light tight. In addition, they are not ready to flower, vegging and flowering plants need different spectrums, and that is not going to be enough light to flower. As a side note, you should be running your vegging lights 24/7. You probably have a month or so before they will be ready. A plant has to be ready to flower. Putting it in 12/12 will not cause it to flower unless it is ready. Your flowering space is going to have to be 100% dark 12 hours a day with absolutely no interruption to that dark period--i.e. you cannot stick your head in to see how they look. And 100% dark really means 100% dark. In addition you will need some kind of ventilation fan.

Miracle grow is not a good food for cannabis. It does not have the correct nutrients in the correct proportions. Just like vegging and flowering plants like different light spectrums, also, they need different foods. If a flowering plant is given the incorrect food, it will slow flowering substantially.

If this hobby was as simple as sticking some bag seeds under a fluorescent lamp everyone would be doing it. Unfortuantely it is not. Cannabis can be very finicky. And it takes a whole long time to grow. I just hate to seed someone spend 4-5 months on something that is not going to yield virtually anything. You may decide that it will be in your best interest to wait and just plant everything outdoors when the last danger of frost has passed. However, that too is going to take good soil and the right nutrients.

Like I said, not trying to discourage you, but just want to make sure you have a better grasp about what growing indoors entails. Like I said, I would hate to see you 4 months down the road with nothing to show for it.

Idk man I mean I get you. Im going to get more lighting. And this potting soil seems to be working good compared to reg soil. But I get you; its a difficult task and perhaps maybe you need all this higher-tech equipment for a "perfect plant" like all the ones you guys have but any bud will help lol I was just going to put something in the box to switch one light to 12/12 and keep the other one 16/8 to sex them. But then I was wondering if they should go back to 16/8 after I find out their sex.

its all good if thats how u want to roll---but under your criteria u would likely be best served to wait till u get alternating nodes before u flip to a 12/12 light cycle---they are unlikely to show sex till they are mature enough and the 12/12 will just prolong the sexing time while they continue to stretch

are they going outside or will they stay indoors thru harvest---this makes a difference as to how tall ur plant will grow---u have height restrictions indoors that u don't out---the plant can double in size when u flower it

Idk man I mean I get you. Im going to get more lighting. And this potting soil seems to be working good compared to reg soil. But I get you; its a difficult task and perhaps maybe you need all this higher-tech equipment for a "perfect plant" like all the ones you guys have but any bud will help lol I was just going to put something in the box to switch one light to 12/12 and keep the other one 16/8 to sex them. But then I was wondering if they should go back to 16/8 after I find out their sex.

....."any bud will help....". What I am afraid is that 4 or 5 months down the road you will still have nothing. I am not really talking about high tech equipment--I am really talking more about the essentials. High tech equipment are things like room controllers and CO2 systems Don't know what weed sells for where you live, but in these parts it is around $300-400 an ounce. Growing (especially indoors) takes an investment of time money, and knowledge.

You NEED to be running your vegging lights more hours. You really should be running them 24 hours a day, but an absolute minimum of 18 hours. Sexing the plant like you mentioned can be done, but it really is not advised, especially if this is your first grow and if you used bagseed. It also takes about 3 weeks for the plant to even start producing the flowering hormone, and then it has to start flowering....and it won't do that until it is sexually mature, denoted by alternating buds. I also doubt that a light schedule of 16/8 would cause them to reveg...a process where the plant doesn't really grow, but tries to switch from flowering hormones to vegging hormones again and produces some funky 1 fingered leaves with little serration. This is all lost time. If you do decide you want to do it anyway, you are almost certainly going to have to set up another space that you can keep 100% dark to flower. When you put them back in veg, they are going to HAVE to go back into 24 hour light 12 days a week to reveg. IMO, you are far better off to just wait until they are sexually mature and have preflowers.

your fluros are probably 36-40w. i use 4ft fluros and they are 36w. you don't need hi tec equipment, you need HPS light like 400w or 600w HPS, or even 250 or 150w depending on the amount of weed you want. make a separate flowering space where there are no light leaks and have good air exchange in your room and then, you can hope for "any bud" because i have seen growers who waited and tried and wasted their time with insufficient light and ended up with just some pistils here and there. it is not as difficult as it looks, once you get used to it, growing weed becomes an easy fun hobby, good luck

Latest posts

Back