Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the Cheese -- about a week left in vedge -- I'd turn them now, but I want to empty the tent and give it a good bleaching and cleaning before I put them into 12/12.

If they are growing this good with 0 microbial action -- then microbes aren't even necessary -- but I'm going to keep giving them some every other feeding :)

100_1084.JPG

100_1085.JPG

100_1086.JPG

lookin' textbook awesome there Hemper. I too will be adding some Great White to my next grow. Seems to me I read you use it at the rootbase everytime u transplant. FFOF has a good microbial environment but I figure a lil boost to the population definately won't hurt.

I was told to mix it in PHed water or your nutes -- 1tsp per gal. I don't really think it matters how they get in the soil tho -- I'm thinking they are a good thing to have no matter how they are applied. Think I'll sprinkle a little at the root base when I transpot the Cheese :)

Thanks 7 -- nice compliment :)

Peace

They look really happy Hemper. Definitely some plants to be proud of. :icon_smile: :)

Hey Hemper, your girls are real beauties. They look like you maybe topped or fimmed them as they are very "branchy".

I am suprised that you are suprised that you got all females. Those are the special femenized seeds that Rockster engineered from a sexually reversed female. From what I read, every seed from that Cheese line should be female.

Just to add in my 1cents worth (I don't know enough to add 2 cents) on the organic vs. chem debate... I read and understood that microbes in soil do a chemical reaction process to break down organic materials to a level that can be absorbed by the roots of a plant(this chemical process is called chelation). The plants in turn trade sugars to the microbes for the "chelated" nutrients. In this way microbes decompose organic matter.

With chemical nutes the elements have already been chelated, and in order to make them more soluable when added to hydro systems or just mixed with water, the minerals are tied to salt molicules as transporters. If I understood correctly, this salt mineral compound takes the place of the microbes as a delivery mechanism. As the plants take in the nutrient minerals, the mineral salt compound is broken down and the salt gets left behind.

Now if this is correct, then the microbe gets cut out of the "trading" action with the plant and ends up going hungry(to an extent), and as the salt builds in the soil, it becomes too toxic an environment for the microbes to survive.

However,(this is my gestimated opinion) if you are using organic soil that is "organic matter" rich to begin with when the microbes are introduced, then they have nutrients to trade with the plant and should survive until either the available matter is depleted or until the salt levels become too high for them to survive.

There is a way to test this if you want to put the time into it. you would use smaller containers of FFOF soil. The first container you would run a chlorine solution through it to kill off any existing microbes(don't use scented bleach, only clean chlorine). let it sit for about 12hrs wet with solution then flush with clean water to remove any traces of the chlorine. Allow it to dry and air out any chlorine that may remain.

Then plant a rooted clone and begin feeding with GH3 for 4 weeks (need to allow for salt build-up) then begin adding in microbes for 1 week so that it has time to get established before cutting off the GH3. Continue to grow for 3 more weeks to see if the microbes are able to pick up where the GH3 left off. This will test to see if the build-up is toxic to the microbes or interferes with their chelation activity. If the plants continue to thrive then microbes survived the chem nutes.

The next container you would not eliminate the microbes and add the new microbes at the same time as planting the rooted clone. At the same time, add standard amounts of GH3 nutes to the soil and veg for 4 weeks, feeding normally. At the end of the 4th week stop adding the GH3 and continue to veg without adding anymore microbes for another 3-4 weeks. if the plant continues to thrive then we can say that the microbes are able to work with the plant at the same time that the GH3 is present and is able to continue to chelate the ffof into food.

This can be tested further by making a 3rd container of soilless medium(coco, RW, or hydroton) and giving the clone planted in it the same GH3 nutes at the same levels as the other 2. By comparing the growth of this one to the other 2, you should be able to see if the microbes are adding any extra to the soils or not. If the plants in the soils jump ahead of the soilless plant at the stages when the microbes are present then we can say that they are able to add some benefit while in a chem fert environment..... It could be an interesting experiment if you have the room and time. Just an idea :)

Wow even more impressive than last photos Hemperfi.
They are going to double/triple in size after the 2 weeks stretch has finished once in flower so ideally if space is an issue you may have to supercrop a.k.a. squeezing the stems/branches until they crush as this stops upwards/sideways growth pronto.
I cannot wait to see these beauties in flower man.
T4

Ya me too hemper there looking really great. I can't wait to see em flower as well.

Were they really fem beans cause I was under the impression they were reg. I remember Rockster saying he was working on fem beans in someone elses post one time, but I thought I he said they weren't ready yet....

HP, I'm thinking it is a compromise. I believe the microbes help as best they can until late in flower when the salts probably kill them off. I was told not to put them on the flowering plants in the tent because they will be done before any benefit could be reached. I don't have the space or inclination to do your experiment, but I wish someone would and clear this up for us all. You are a true thinker, HushPuppy.

T4 -- I watched a time lapse of an OG Kush in an 18 gal pot that was super cropped grow into a 1 pound plant -- twase very cool (Utoob) If and when I believe it is necessary, I am prepared to bend, break, squish or twist. I have never done any of that -- I try not to even touch my plants except to fimm them or top them.

It was my understanding that these beans are standard photo period seeds. it says nothing on the packet they arrived in about them being femmed. And that is why I was surprised to get all females... For "sex" it says regular on the Kaliman site.

They were fimmed when the had about 5 nodes, and, yes, there are branches busting out all over every one of them. They are about 15 inches tall now -- in a week they should be a couple inches taller. The tent can deal with plants 40 inches tall. I can't wait to see these buds either :)

Peace

Hi Hemperfi if you refer to my current grow which ive just chopped and the latest ill show ya how to do it its dead easy just bend without snapping although i did do that on the last jack herer and just taped it up.
I think @ 15" now in a weeks time they will hit the 20" mark with ease.
Yes not femmed seeds from Rockster just regular he is working on femmed seeds im unsure how far he has got tbh but im sure he'll chip in when he sees this thread though.
In fact Multifarious is pretty damn impressive with his lst/fimming/topping/supercropping nearly as good as me.
Lol
T4

Hi chaps,

well your girls look really nice and lush HemperFi and yes, they are indeed regular seeds but fems are in the pipeline.

@Hushpuppy. I didn't engineer the sexual reversal as it happened spontaneously
and must have been the result of some kind of stress and I think the fact that the Exodus clone has been around since 1989 and been passed through many hands and different growing environments is stress enough for maybe this to have occurred.

DSC_0001-1.JPG

DSC_0005-1.JPG

Hey, thanks for dropping in Rockster. I guess I do have a little lady luck going for me this run. They didn't get any taller last night, but they have bud sites on every branch, and they are bushing out nicely. Do you think I should transplant them into 3 gal. pots? Or should I grow these out in the 1 gal pots they are in? What else can I do? I guess I could transpot half of them and leave half in the smaller pots -- I don't know what to do. I'll figure it out when I have the tent ready for them. Sure wish I had another flower room. I sure would like these ladies to be strees free and havey yeilders -- I need the weed :)

Peace

I just said a little prayer for the microbes and gave them all some full on (modified) GH 3 part chemical vedge nutes + cal/mag. I'm thinking dead microbes are probably pretty good ferts :)

peace

Your nuts, in a good way Hemper.. Dead microbes...yum. Good you prayed for them before their perhaps demise or perhaps a multiplying fit.
whatever your doing they look fine...good.

Thanks, Rosy. I thought hard about giving them "Big Bloom" which is organic -- just to take it easy on the microbes, but I didn't think there was enough nitrates in it for them right now. I'm just stumbling along hoping for the best. There is so much going on I don't have a clue about. I was wondering how the nutes after being turned to sugars and starches move through the plant. Do they go straight to the top and then distribute down through the rest of the plant, or do they fill the plant from the bottom to the top? Is that a stupid question, or what? lol

Peace

So, I am seeing in strain reports where it says "Flowering Time" that they say "short, medium or long" -- I don't have a clue what that means. I guess I haven't been growing long enough. I am going to think of it this way (until I am corrected) "Short" means around 50 days, "Medium" means 50 to 60 days and "Long" must mean 60 to 75 days -- Is that about right?

There are really no "rules" regarding what constitutes short, medium, and long. I have seen plants with a 45-56 day flowering period be called medium and also ones with a 63-72 day called medium. Unless there are wildly different phenos, someone who has grown the same strain (from the same breeder) is usually the best source of info on flowering times.

Rockster said:
Hi chaps,

well your girls look really nice and lush HemperFi and yes, they are indeed regular seeds but fems are in the pipeline.

@Hushpuppy. I didn't engineer the sexual reversal as it happened spontaneously
and must have been the result of some kind of stress and I think the fact that the Exodus clone has been around since 1989 and been passed through many hands and different growing environments is stress enough for maybe this to have occurred.
My bad guys :eek: I thought that cheese line was the line from the sexual reversal plants.

Hi Rockster, wasn't meaning to imply that you "engineered" the line, just couldn't think of the word for your working with the sexually reversed plants and developing the current Cheese line That was promoted by Kaliman seeds. :)

They were all popped by the 10th of Dec., bho, so they are going on 6 weeks. I planted 8 seeds, all of them popped and all of them are female -- go figure -- now I have problem deciding how I'm going to get them all in the tent.

There are still three little plants in the tent that are just about ready -- two days I'd say -- as soon as they come out of there I'll wash down the tent and put the Cheese on 12/12 of HPS.

I have 16 clones of the Cheese cooking. I have a little AK-47 I'm going to use as a mother and 2 Sativa dom called Mountain Bud that I would like to see bud out. I need a bigger boat, lol

It looks like you will end up needing to convert to a barge :) It never fails that ya start out small and end up going bigger and bigger over time. :)

Latest posts

Back