Cigarette Smoke???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the chemicals in cigarette smoke have the same impact on your plants as they do you..
Death..

Nitrosamines, Crysenes, Cadmium, Benzo (a) pyrene, Polonium 210, Nickel, P.A.H.s, Diberiz Acidine, B-Napthylamine, Urethane, N. Nitrosonornicotene, Toluidine

Metals:

Aluminum, Zinc, Magnesium, Mercury, Gold, Silicon, Silver, Titanium, Lead, Copper

And more:

Acetone (nail polish remover), Acetic Acid (Vinegar), Ammonium (Floor/Toilet Cleaner), Arsenic (poison), Butane (cigarette lighter fluid), Cadmium (rechargeable batteries), Carbon Monoxide (car exhaust fumes), DDT/Dieldrin (Insecticides), Ethanol (alcohol), Formaldehyde (preserver of body tissue and fabric), Hexamine (barbecue lighter), Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison), Methane (swamp gas), Methanol (rocket fuel), Napthalene (mothballs), Nicotine ( insecticide/addictive drug), Nitrobenzene (gasoline additive), Nitrous Oxide Phenols (disinfectant), Steric Acid (candle wax), Toluene (industrial solvent), Vinyl Chloride (makes PVC)

(Taken from a website.. ^^)

I smoked for 15 years, (just quit 2 months ago) I'm not some crazy anti-smoker. I love it!!! But I don't like wheezing at the age of 29..

I think the plants would feel the same.. They say 2nd hand smoke is worse..

Although... THe plants got to know that they are only being grown to smoke... LMAO

Oh yeah V V V

All of my grows are in my bedroom where I hang most times.
I smoke like a chimney and have no direct ventalation outside, now its probably not best but ive never seen it do any harm.

yeah,.. i smoke in my tiny grow room all the time and my plants are as healthy as the could be.thats just some rob reiner anti smoking crap.it does'nt hurt em' at all:D

"Any" form of smoke can/will plug up the stomata on the leaves, inhibiting transpiration, photosynthesis, ect., making them "less" healthy.
there is also a disease associated with tobacco, that mj is vulnerable to.. tobacco mosaic, I think it is.

Cigarettes contain a lot of toxic substances as well as carbon monoxide which is poisonous for both plants and people. Tar is also known to block stoma entrances and suffocate plants.

I assure you that, easiest way of killing your plants is smoking beside them, been there done that.

ChatNoir said:
Cigarettes contain a lot of toxic substances as well as carbon monoxide which is poisonous for both plants and people. Tar is also known to block stoma entrances and suffocate plants.

I assure you that, easiest way of killing your plants is smoking beside them, been there done that.
huh....guess i have really good ventilation:D

By Keith Mulvihill, Reuters [09/22/00]

TORONTO (Reuters Health) - If the fact that smoking increases your risk of lung cancer isn't enough to make you kick the habit, maybe this will: tobacco in cigarettes is contaminated with a variety of molds.

In a study of 98 cigarettes with and without filters, 63 were found to be contaminated with a number of different types of mold, researchers reported here on Wednesday at the Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, sponsored by the American Society for Microbiology.

The most common species of mold detected was Aspergillus fumigatus, a common cause of infections, according to Dr. Paul Verweij of the University Medical Center in Nijmegen.

``If you look at all infections caused by molds, 90% are caused by Aspergillus,'' he noted. Such molds could be hazardous to the health, particularly those with weakened immune systems.

``Tobacco itself is a source of fungal spores and it should be recognized that this is a source of potential infection, especially in patients with compromised immune systems like those on chemotherapy, or who have received organ transplants, or people with AIDS,'' he said.

Touching a cigarette or tobacco then touching your plant can pass the fungi to it.

I think smoking anything around your plants is a bad idea. I mean, would you want to have some plant smoking your relative [however distant let alone a sister or mother] hanging around watching you grow :rofl:

and as Hick pointed out the stomata need to be clear to breathe :hubba:

yeah, I kinda thought getting a 4:20 burn in with them would be a good little ritual and give them a little more CO2 but i guess it makes sense not to smoke around your plants because of the whole breathing stomats thing. thanks , you got me thinkin';)

Hick said:
"Any" form of smoke can/will plug up the stomata on the leaves, inhibiting transpiration, photosynthesis, ect., making them "less" healthy.
there is also a disease associated with tobacco, that mj is vulnerable to.. tobacco mosaic, I think it is.

I know all of this is quite true but I can tell you from my experience you must have to smoke a hellava lot in your grow to block the stomata or enough to notice.

I know I shouldnt but what can you do? gettin up every time I smoke ciggs or bud is not an option, hey maybe I could hook up a vent hood above my computer. ;)

cigarettes contain many harmful chemicals in which can fry your plants with a chemical overload resulting in your plants leaf tips turning under, you can also fry your plants with a harsh fertilizer.

I just think some here are overexagerating the problems it may get.

if you smoke your grow room out to tha point where its hard for you to breath... than its prolly hard for the plants to also.. but thats just rediculous... smoken a cig or 2 around your crop aint gonna make a diferance... nether is farting haha..

what about weed smoke then guysz?!??!?!?! :( i dont my weed going bad because of... weed!

that mj is vulnerable to.. tobacco mosaic, I think it is.

I would be more concerned by this....I worked at a Vegetable Research Station for a major University for about 4 years. Tobacco mosaic is deadly for many different plants. Keep any tobacco far from your plants and wash your hands before working with your crop.

If you BBQ around your plants with the smoke hurt them while they grow out side.

Growdude said:
I know all of this is quite true but I can tell you from my experience you must have to smoke a hellava lot in your grow to block the stomata or enough to notice.

I know I shouldnt but what can you do? gettin up every time I smoke ciggs or bud is not an option, hey maybe I could hook up a vent hood above my computer. ;)
I can agree, to a point. "Probably" the amount of smoke produced by smoking cigarrets or pot in the same room, is negligable. But in tight quaarters such as a closet or box, I suppose it could effect them to some extent.
Maybe. growdude, try spraying the foilage down with a spray bottle every few days, to wash, clean the leaves and unclog any effected stomata.. :hubba:

Latest posts

Back