CK's 2013 Arizona Crop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canelo_Kid

MotaVation
Reaction score
Late start this year but I know we will Be fine in September.

2013_a3.png

2013_a2.png

2013_a1.png

very nice plots there friend. Whatcha growin (strains) and what kind of medium mix you utilizing?

:peace:

Nice. I do outdoors during the winter cuz we are near phoenix.

Plants are mainly sativa developed from Sonoran Plants
Have 2 Atomic Northern Lights, 2 Big Bud and 2 Old School

I still have 5 holes open out of the 24 plants We are allowed by Arizona State law having two patient permits. June 1st I will fill those holes with White Widow clones that I'm getting acclimated to 90-100 days, 50 degree nights and direct sunlight.

The plants are really starting to take off, the larger plants grew almost 2 inches yesterday.

Last year my best and largest plant (volunteer Sativa) grew to 12' 3" tall, the bottom blanches were over 6 foot long, the plant ended up yielding 6.5 pounds total, 3.5 lbs of Buds. At the end of the 2012 growing season I ended up with 15 females, pulled 7 males and let 2 hermies go to seed.

I hope to have more females this year, it would be cool to end up with all 24.

photos from May 28.

may28_2.jpg

may28_3.jpg

may28_4.jpg

may28_5.jpg

Very nice pull off that Sativa.

quick ?

Why did you let the hermans go to seed?

Just be careful cuz az doesn't allow od growing unless you have 10 foot walls.

kal el said:
Just be careful cuz az doesn't allow od growing unless you have 10 foot walls.
We have zoning that limits walls to 6 foot, being on the border in 2011 a helicopter buzzed us for 10 minutes, 1/2 hour later we had Santa Cruz police and border patrol pay a visit. After showing our Marijuana cards they told us we needed 10 foot walls so we showed them the present draft of prop 203 stating that walls must be 10' unless local zoning interceded. I live on a ranch so my growing area is in a compound within two other fences, very secure and hidden within my property.

In 2012 We had local law enforcement pay us another visit, they were upset that my plants looked so large from the air and believed I was growing more than the two permits allow. They had a search warrant and spent 1/2 a day going through my house, guest house, sheds and out structures and found 17.5 lbs in my closet from 2011. I document my crops with photos so I showed them my log showing the yield from each plant and that I had produced over 25 lbs in 2011.

They didn't want to let it go so I called our family attorney and he read them the riot act over the phone. They were not happy and called into the Santa Cruz DA Office wanting to bust me, impound all my plants and the 17.5 lbs from 2011 in my closet. By this time they were about 25 officers, they kept appearing like flies, they were everywhere. They had seeds they found, pipes, rolling papers and MJ oil and were logging them all in and bagging the items when the DA called them back and told them to leave me alone for now, by then our attorney had called him and they decided to meet and talk over the issue the next day.

After reviewing the law and all the security I had in place and all the things I had done to try to exactly follow the law they decided I was OK. This wasn't the end the Feds still wanted blood and didn't give up. They tried through the state to revoke my card and seize all my marijuana, since then they have payed me several more visits, the last was a week ago. They had a warrant and took a few hundred pictures and then took off, later that day I got buzzed by a Border Patrol helicopter with a video camera for about 1/2 hour. They checked out every inch of my property and all the forest land around my property still believing I had to have more hidden plants.

Yesterday my attorney called me that he had been contacted by the FBI Drug enforcement Attorney and that I was still subject to federal laws and they are considering charging me, I about fainted. Then he added he had been in contact with the Santa Cruz County DA and hear this, they defended my States rights and refuse to comply to what they Feds wanted to them to do.

Since I got my card three years ago I have been followed, stopped multiple times by Border Patrol, threatened and general screwed with. I have to drive though border check stations so I really can't even carry the 2.5 ozs allowed by law, I have to wait for a high wind or bad weather day when they close the check point between my property and Tucson, so I can take Medicine to my legal card holder friends in Tucson. I have the Feds hanging over my head and still can be charged. I'm lucky I live in Santa Cruz County, the most liberal in Arizona and that the People in Nogales defended my states rights. Basically the State and the Federal Government have done everything possible to stop, slow or castrate Prop 203, by making it very difficult to get a card, follow growing regulations and having a totally unfair 25 mile as a crow flies cultivation limit.

I live in an area completely surrounded by the Coronado National Forest and one of Americas largest military bases is between me and Sierra Vista which I can't carry marijuana through. As a crow flies I'm only 17.5 miles from a dispensary that opened a week after I got my card renewed, so next year no cultivation permit unless things change. By highway it's 42 miles, driving around Fort Huachuca.... well I'm not a crow, no one is so again the State is being unreasonable and throwing in every restriction they can not to follow the will of the Arizona Public.

I'm 60 years old, paid taxes my whole life, never been arrested, served 4 years in the Navy, three back to back tours in Vietnam and 4 years service in the Department Of Agriculture (Forest Service). Was a Government Contractor for 10 years with a top secret security rating. So if they want to bust me they can go ahead and try, it would make for a good editorial in local news sources.

All I can say is people should be willing to defend their rights and fight against unfair restrictions imposed by the State of Arizona and the Federal Government too. They can bust everyone! Our power is through numbers and people not allowing law enforcement to make their own rules or not follow State Law concerning prop 203.

Could I get busted tomorrow, yep! nice thing to have hanging over your head.

7greeneyes said:
Very nice pull off that Sativa.

quick ?

Why did you let the hermans go to seed?
I grow most of my crop from seed and I'm trying to develop a high heat high altitude sativa strain. I know hermies are likely to produce either females or more hermies. The real reason I kept them is that they were more female than male and seeded mature plants have qualities I like medically, there is a lot more to Marijuana than the percentage of THC and with Sativa having more groups of Canabinoids with more medical properties. I don't do marijuana to get high, I do it to ease stiffness and pain and mainly ingest and rarely smoke. The Hermie Honey oil is long lasting and seems to make better Eatables.

Keep in mind most marijuana available in the United States comes from Mexico and is seeded. I honestly believe indoor hydro auto marijuana shows good numbers, taste and smell but is way over priced and short lived. Sure you get an good first rush but 10 minutes later your ready for some more. Whereas outdoor plants grown full term not only get you high but last for hours.

OH YEAH, I completely agree with you. Nuthin better then a long lasting nice euphoric Sativa buzz.

I've grown one auto and that was World Of Seeds NLxBig Bud. HAd a very nice body stone that seemed to last about 75 mins then gone, but I was certainly surprised that it was even that potent.

:peace:

Canelo_Kid said:
I grow most of my crop from seed and I'm trying to develop a high heat high altitude sativa strain. I know hermies are likely to produce either females or more hermies. The real reason I kept them is that they were more female than male and seeded mature plants have qualities I like medically, there is a lot more to Marijuana than the percentage of THC and with Sativa having more groups of Canabinoids with more medical properties. I don't do marijuana to get high, I do it to ease stiffness and pain and mainly ingest and rarely smoke. The Hermie Honey oil is long lasting and seems to make better Eatables.

Keep in mind most marijuana available in the United States comes from Mexico and is seeded. I honestly believe indoor hydro auto marijuana shows good numbers, taste and smell but is way over priced and short lived. Sure you get an good first rush but 10 minutes later your ready for some more. Whereas outdoor plants grown full term not only get you high but last for hours.

STRESSED just reading this.. good job and good luck bud.. :holysheep:

Just before our Monsoon starts we generally have a few weeks of 100 degree days with no humidity. Then one day the humidity rises, and we get a few afternoon clouds, then BOOM the Monsoon arrives.

During the 100 degree days with no humidity you can't keep a plant in direct sunlight from suffering, but as soon as the humidity gets above 40 percent with some cloud cover the plants shift gears.

6_16_2.jpg

6_16_0.jpg

A friend lost his cultivation permit and gave me some of his indoor plants.

I slowly moved them outdoors and finally planted them in direct sunlight. After about a week they adapted and are now doing fine.

6_16_1.jpg

6_16_11.jpg

6_16_12.jpg

This is my baby, seed planted directly in the ground May 1.

I grew one last year but didn't plant it until June, it was 53 inches when harvested in late August.

I think this might be a plant that adapts well to harsh outdoor conditions.

6_16_13.jpg

All that beautiful space and only 24 plants....that sucks....soooooo much potential....looking good...

Latest posts

Back