'cleaing' my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Big Dave x

Reaction score
Hi All,

Leading on from my other post about bugs (mites or aphids) are attacking my plant in sheer numbers, stressing them so that they've stopped producing trichs. Im in week 9 of flowering but want to give them another 2 weeks.

So i've sprayed my plant with some organic fruit & veg insecticide but was wondering if anyone has any further tips on giving them a clean. I've heard about soapy water in a bottle but im not sure if this is just doing what the insecticide is doing? and when it says washing soap are we talking about the stuff you wash the dishes with? As I don't have to hand a spray bottle, could I use a cloth to wipe down the plants?

I've also read about using alcohol, well I can get my hands on loads of alcohol wipes (use them in my job) would it be worth giving the branches and even the buds a wipe down with these?

Sorry for all the questions, just im desperate to get something out of this as it's a 1 off grow and i've already harvested 2 worthless plants.

Thanks everyone.

alcohol can remove thc so be careful personally I might wipe the under sides of the leaves with it.

If you have mites there really isnt anything you can do, sure you can attempt to control them but your going to need a complete clean up disenfect, insectiside treatment, a few of them, to get rid of them for good, dont underestimate the "Borg"

thanks 4 the advice, excuse my grammer im on a phone browser. im not sure what they are but from what i've read i dont think their mites as i've not seen any webs anywhere. just loads of lil brown flea sized things fall out the foilage when i handle it.. i guess all im trying to do is lessen the stress their going thru by killing what bugs i can. as for wiping off the thc 2dog, i dont think theres any 2 wipe off in the first place! i shall head ur advice tho. what i might do is spray the buds n foilage with the insecticide and wipe the stems and under leaves with alc wipes. sound like a plan? or would i be better off wiping down entire plants with soapy/vinegar warm water? thanks again, ur help is much appreciated.

First of all, DON'T under any circumstances think, "Oh, I have no soft soap handy but I do have dish washing detergent". Fatal. The phosphates in detergents act like Roundup and wreck your plants. (Yes I learned the hard way.)
Probably some ppl won't like my suggestion but what I do, I use Raid. The household stuff for flies, NOT the fierce stuff for roaches. But I do not spray the plants. I set up a pedestal fan nearby and use the fan to create an air current through the plants, then I spray a cloud of insecticide near the back of the fan and watch as it drifts through the plants. It does a job on pests.
I'm not into spraying anything on my flowering plants.
For veg it is a different matter.

Thanks LF, an interesting idea with the fan. i've already done something similar with the insecticide ive got as i didnt want to coat the plants as im so far into flowering. when people say soap im abit confused, are we talking a bar of soap that we wash our hands with? or washing up liquid that we wash our dishes with? thanks for the warning, with my luck i would of guessed the wrong one! im guessing a hand wash bar of soap?

Latest posts

Back