Clone only germd :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey since you seem to be so excited, Congrats

Its your seed, do as you wish, grow it, clone it even breed it it you care to.

The Choice is Always Yours.
Please keep us posted, the Best of Luck in your grow.
"P"

Its your seed, do as you wish, grow it, clone it even breed it it you care to
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... why would you insist on contrary advice on breedng?.. Hermies are an "undesirable" genetic characteristic that should NOT be further encouraged in the gene pool.:ignore:

Relentless999 said:
seems like any plant that was really stressed out would eventually hermi due to the fact that the plant thinks its going to die so it reproduces.

If a plant reproduces because it thinks it is going to die...It is a hermie.

I have had outdoor plants that I have forgotten to harvest and they did not hermie. They just turned brown and died.

I understand your point Hick n your Love for Hermies and rarely disagree with your wisdom.
I dont believe his genes are going out to the general population and dont see much of a threat.

I do understand your passion, reasoning and wanting to rid the world of them.

"The Hickenator"

Best Wishes
"P"

"The Hickenator"
haaaaa... ;) I guess that's better than "Hickler".. :p

the problem "I" have with your statement is simply that he doesn't 'have' to be marketing/selling them, for them to further pollute another growers plants/grow. Or to easily be dispersed simply by 'gifting' a seeded bud to an unsuspecting newbie.
Not unlike relentless, "excited" to be in possession of what he might believe "good" genetics, just because the bud it came out of was good.
e.g.. this one hermi-prone seed is allowed to produce say, 20 same so seeds in the next grow. those 20 are allowed o reproduce.. do you see the "snowball" effect?

There is the possibility that it was not even pollinated by a hermie flower. But no one knows that for sure.
"If" it were me, and I had any inclination to 'breed' with it, it would certainly warrent stress testing at the very minimum.

I have never been a big fan of female seeds because its impossible to know how the seed was made, until you grow it out. The strawberry bubba and sour NL x neville's haze are both fem seeds. I looked at a grow journal that BBP did, and I was impressed enough to give them a try. I'm not saying that the bain of growers and breeders alike, should be bred into the gene pool, but I think it is managable in the hands of skilled breeders. Short cuts and poor testing standards are where the problem lies. Just another point of view, not written in stone and handed down from the burning bush, ok;)

umbra said:
I have never been a big fan of female seeds because its impossible to know how the seed was made, until you grow it out. The strawberry bubba and sour NL x neville's haze are both fem seeds. I looked at a grow journal that BBP did, and I was impressed enough to give them a try. I'm not saying that the bain of growers and breeders alike, should be bred into the gene pool, but I think it is managable in the hands of skilled breeders. Short cuts and poor testing standards are where the problem lies. Just another point of view, not written in stone and handed down from the burning bush, ok;)

I think we are pretty much in total agreement umbra..

I think it is managable in the hands of skilled breeders. Short cuts and poor testing standards are where the problem lies.

by the same token, can get totally out of hand, in the hands of 'inexperienced' and/or by allowing propogation and proliferation randomly or without control.

yes we are in agreement Hick...100%. Not everyone qualifies as a skilled breeder, and separating the wheat from the chaff is what its all about. This is not something for the unskilled to learn on. Much more advanced than most would ever think, not just pollen chuckin'.:D

umbra said:
not just pollen chuckin'.:D

the saddest thing is that i'm willing to bet most of these new "super strains" that everyone's so wrapped up in are just a random male and female that produced seed, AKA pollen chuckin', and got named something intriguing.... that's why i'm a firm believer in sticking with the classic strains that were the building blocks for most of the hack strains that are out now....

i think there are way too many hack breeders crawling out of the wordwork.... if you're doing a little personal breeding experiment or project i totally understand.... but if you're trying to make money off people by lying and deceitfullness, no pity for thou!

ASEgrower said:
Exactly, some plants genetically will hermie easier, and he has one. Why risk propegating that undesireable trait? You dont need to post sarcastic crap, we arent here to stoke egos, just grow weed.

I'm sorry if you took this as sarcastic...it was not meant to be that way.

Hick said:
..been saying it since their coming on the scene a few years ago....:confused2:
..now.. there ARE methods of creating 'femminised' seeds that reduce the chance of propogating the hermie gene. BUT random pollination by an unknown one, is NOT one of them...
IMO....There's nothing wrong with him growing out the seed, and possibly further propogating through clones, "IF" he finds it worthy and doesn't use it as a breeding subject..or pass it around where it might further distribute the undesirable. i.e. "remember where it most likely came from"...

Thanks Hick, that is the short form of what I was trying to say...If I offended anyone in my rant... well maybe they need to check their tender little emotions, I was not trying to be sarcastic, only stating what I thought...an oppinion, The main reason for this forum , to discuss our oppinions on growing.

Umbra yes I know man...I see it all the time to, and you have been here a lot longer than me, so I'm sure you've seen it several times. I just didn't want to see someone pitch a seed that they seemed pretty happy about getting, because a bunch of people jumped on the hermi nazi bandwagon. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the hermi's we see on here that came from REPUTABLE BREEDERS, are there because of rooky mistakes...not the genetics.

In my original post I said if it doesn't show herm characteristics, use it, If it does, kill it...and don't use it for breeding.

I also see newbies jumping on the band wagon screaming kill all hermis...lol...that is why I wrote that post, because I see no harm in the individual growing out this seed for individual use...nuff said!

If they are reputable breeders you would have thought they would have breed the hermie trait out of them. one would think that the ultimate goal would be to breed a strain that would not hermie and not one that just does not hermie unless all the criteria is met.

Relentless.... if it makes you feel any better about your decision to grow it out i've been growing my SourJack for a few crops now knowing that it's got hermie tendencies.... i actually had to pull my last one early due to male parts showing.... however, i refuse to simply let go of it because the smoke, even if cut 1-2 weeks early, is still top quality.... sometimes you've just got to grow it out.... and you've got the best preventative on your side, you already know it's possibly from a hermie....

honestly, just grow it out and watch out for male parts.... if it comes out female, treat it as any other female and just keep an eye on her....

pcduck said:
If they are reputable breeders you would have thought they would have breed the hermie trait out of them. one would think that the ultimate goal would be to breed a strain that would not hermie and not one that just does not hermie unless all the criteria is met.

that depends on what you consider "reputable".... it's amazing how quickly hack breeders are building up "reputable" reputations nowadays....

ahh we shall see.. the moment its large enough to take a clone I will, and will force the clone into flowering to see if its male, female, or hemi..

Right now its my best chance at getting a grape ape.. I dont live in cali.

Thanks for the responses.

BTW, ive heard a few people say dont blame the breeders for hermis, etc..

I 100% blame Dutch Passion for Hermis.. from what I have seen, their blueberry is 100% hermi. And none of my other plants hermied during that grow.. treated them like angels and what did they do, self pollinate themselves and others. f dutch passion. sorry for rant.

Relentless999 said:
BTW, ive heard a few people say dont blame the breeders for hermis, etc..

I 100% blame Dutch Passion for Hermis.. from what I have seen, their blueberry is 100% hermi. And none of my other plants hermied during that grow.. treated them like angels and what did they do, self pollinate themselves and others. f dutch passion. sorry for rant.

LOL...I said REPUTABLE...yeah I for one do not use fem seeds becuase of the way that they breed for them. I to have heard of alot of herms coming from DP, and I don't understand, because they did use to be a , well at least I used to consider them reputable. I think money has a tendency for some to say screw ethics, and just start mass producing seeds for sale. I don't know if this is the case with DP...I don't do business with them...I think that when hermi's are the base with your breeding program, you are going to get hermi's....a huge difference between you growing one seed for yourself, and them growing thousands for sale.

Hick said:
haaaaa... ;) I guess that's better than "Hickler".. :p

the problem "I" have with your statement is simply that he doesn't 'have' to be marketing/selling them, for them to further pollute another growers plants/grow. Or to easily be dispersed simply by 'gifting' a seeded bud to an unsuspecting newbie.
Not unlike relentless, "excited" to be in possession of what he might believe "good" genetics, just because the bud it came out of was good.
e.g.. this one hermi-prone seed is allowed to produce say, 20 same so seeds in the next grow. those 20 are allowed o reproduce.. do you see the "snowball" effect?

There is the possibility that it was not even pollinated by a hermie flower. But no one knows that for sure.
"If" it were me, and I had any inclination to 'breed' with it, it would certainly warrent stress testing at the very minimum.

I see you more as of an Enforcer than a Dictator :)

I agree, being responsible is expected.
"P"

long story short you start off with 2 fem clones you take one and give it a sex change operation so she becomes a full blown male not hermie then you hit the remaining female with his pollen and wahla s1's...

no hermies in the whole actual fem seed process more of a tranny

Shes poking her head up to say hello :)

003.JPG

Latest posts

Back