clone troubles maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
i too two clones off my buddies plant that was 3 weeks into flowering. I know i wait too late but i didnt realize he wasnt gonna take any. couldnt let the strand die off. Skunk #1. Anyways, did all the percise cutting with the clean blade, again under water at a 45 degree angle, dipped right in the rooting powder hormone stuff and right into the pre soaked organic potting compost with no nutes. had the plastic domes on the first few days then slowly pulled them off after about three or 4 days. they have been slowly startting to yellow around the larger leaves. Im in the 8th day since the clipping. i have been misting them regularly im just wondering if this slow yellowing of the leaves is normal?

Yes it is normal what it's doing is feeding off it's self trying to start roots. After it has rooted then put it into your medium you are going to use and in a week or so you will see it take off and strt growing but the yellow leaves will die and fall off but that is normal Good luck...take care..

NOOOOO nutes for at least 3 weeks after transplanting into medium you are going to use unless you use hydro system then i would have no clue......take care...

Sir_Tokie said:
Yes it is normal what it's doing is feeding off it's self trying to start roots. After it has rooted then put it into your medium you are going to use and in a week or so you will see it take off and strt growing but the yellow leaves will die and fall off but that is normal Good luck...take care..
when do you think i should check to see if it has rooted. im not using clear containers and they are in soil. what should i do

Give them at least 10 to 14 days is my usual time but i have not taken from a plant more than a week into flowering i usually take clones as soon as seex is determined...take care..

If they root you're going to see the stem thickening up where it enters the soil, usually in week 3. I don't understand what you mean by "check to see if it has rooted" it sounds like you're going to pull the poor thing out of the soil to see if it grew any roots yet ... LOL ... you will know when it has properly rooted because it will start making new growth.

leafminer I don't understand what you mean by "check to see if it has rooted" it sounds like you're going to pull the poor thing out of the soil to see if it grew any roots yet ... LOL ...[/quote said:
Actually...............it was a thought.lol. thought against it guess im just impatient and worried since they were clones that were taken from a plant 3 weeks into flowering.hopefully this stem will start showing some signs then

If you have a hydro store near you, you can buy one inch rockwool cubes and use them instead of soil. I usually have a 100% success rate with rockwool vs soil and that way you can see when the clone has rooted. Now that I started using rockwool I will never try anything else, it is just so easy.

:watchplant: :farm: stay the course. It sounds like your clones are fine. If the clones had small colas on the tip when they were taken, they will start to grow single leaves like a plant that has been revegatated. The roots are safe to transplant at this time(5 week apx). Wait until at least three set of sun leaves before starting your nutes at a weak mix and increase gradually.

:48: :tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

ozzydiodude said:
:watchplant: :farm: stay the course. It sounds like your clones are fine. If the clones had small colas on the tip when they were taken, they will start to grow single leaves like a plant that has been revegatated. The roots are safe to transplant at this time(5 week apx). Wait until at least three set of sun leaves before starting your nutes at a weak mix and increase gradually.

Now that should be included in some growing guide. you pretty much covered all my questions. thanks man. And yeah im gonna go with rockwool next time for sure
:48: back at ya

Just a question. My clones are about 12 days old now. I noticed today the the more healthy looking one has a very dark purple stem now. the other one is like a green brown which is what both had previous looked like. IS this good?

just remember that clones taken from a plant in flowering will take longer to root,and if your interested in checking your root system(or would like to be more involved)i would suggest putting them in a bubbler system or in str8 water.it takes 10-14 days more or less,depends on certain circumstances like the strain itself.

Some clones are reall Survivors i took some late cuttings off 1 of my flowering plants and pute the root powder on and planted and it really really struggled it took weeks to start growing but it did eventually and now it is in flower...(probably was about as fast as if i had planted a seed lol)

But dont give up on it :) if u have the time that is

Don't worry about purple stems, it depends on the strain, as long as the clone looks reasonably healthy and isn't wilting too much it will be fine. Patience ...

Latest posts

Back