Clones are yellowing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkfarmer

It's growing like a WEED!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have some clones that a friend gave me and have been in dwc for a week and a couple days. They are yellowing, i know its not the nutes. My question is- They are in big 4x4 rockwool cubes set in the bottom of the net pots could they be remaining to wet? What to do if thats the case? Thanks all

Maybe thats why yur friend gave them anyways pilgrem not me way to grow but good folk here gets ya fixed they goin to want more info though and maybe pics would help sit tight help comin

BWD

Hey BWD, They didnt start yellowing untill they went into buckets.

I take it there are roots ????? then they are hungry are cubes to wet ?????? , maybe foilage spray them 1- 1- 1
few things cause yellowing
PH
hungry
cubes to wet

smoky anda bandit said:
Hey BWD, They didnt start yellowing untill they went into buckets.

There yual be Dr sound like he be exsperienced so yur on yur way pilgrem glad yur on track

BWD

BWD, Im not a pilgrem,im american indian:)

DrFever read my post completely. thanks

smoky anda bandit said:

:rofl:

I was waiting for someone to poke stick at that coment he makes....did ya presoak the cubes?...when I use rockwool I find that if I presoak in ph5.5 water mine stay green longer than if I go straight into cube...

take cre and be safe indian cowboy..:giggle:

Lol 4u, The clones were already in cubes the big 4x4 ones. Sowhen i set them into my net pots there is no hydroton under them. I am wondering if they are staying to wett and if so how do i remedy that witout the cube being expoes on top?

Be might sorry ifin I have stepped to fire and disrespect I did not know what I might have said to offend but reckon ifin it be wrong I didnt knows and mighty sorry I dont kick dirt to fire less it be a fire need dirt kickin too

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Be might sorry ifin I have stepped to fire and disrespect I did not know what I might have said to offend but reckon ifin it be wrong I didnt knows and mighty sorry I dont kick dirt to fire less it be a fire need dirt kickin too

BWD

Its all good ,you keep it interesting! Thanks pilgrem.

Just a note about overwatering in hydro; If you have an air pump pushing air into the buckets with an air stone on the end of the hose so that it makes loads of bubbles(and I mean make the water look like a pot of hard boiling water), then you can't overwater them.

My bro runs hydro like I do, in coco with top-feeding hoses. His plants in flower have the water running to them non-stop. At any point you can go in and look at them and see water ponded on the tops of the planters where the water runs in and can't run out quite fast enough to keep from ponding some. He has never had a problem with overwatering. The key is that he has strong aeration to his water to keep it plenty oxygenated.

If you have good aeration then I would suspect PH being off. You should be maintaining a constant fluxuation of 5.4-6.2 :)

so is the cube allways touching rez?...when I ran DWC I only let the bubbles pop at the bottom of net pot...I would pour water through cube every couple days untill roots submerge down into rez...

4u2sm0ke said:
so is the cube allways touching rez?...when I ran DWC I only let the bubbles pop at the bottom of net pot...I would pour water through cube every couple days untill roots submerge down into rez...

The cube is not touching water but there are enough bubbles to keep the bottom of the pot wet, and she does have some small roots.

Some pics might help!

P1080001.JPG

P1080002.JPG

P1080003.JPG

P1080004.JPG

P1080005.JPG

P1080006.JPG

P1080007.JPG

she does look hungry to me..as well as a Ph issue..can you drain a little water so the cube dont get wet ? top water with a Nirto mix?

:48:

Yeah, I can do that, but ppm is at 550. I figured for the size that would be good.

I agree she is hungry! IMO, a ppm of 550 is not enough food. What exactly are you feeding her? I am also with 4U on the pH--it is too high. I like to let my run from about 5.3 or 5.5 to 6.0 or so. She seems to be getting some stretch to her too. How much light is she getting and how far away is it?

I see what's wrong, they are all growing sideways :eek: :hubba: seriously, 550ppm is too low for plants that size. She should be sitting at about 700-800ppm right now. I wouldn't think 6.2PH would be causing that, but I agree that it is too high. I always run mine up to 6.2 but they also come right back down within a day because of the PH drift. I wouldn't keep it at 6.2. It also looks a little like she needs some cal/mag as well as nitrogen, but that really depends on what you are feeding her.

smoky anda bandit said:

So you moved here from India? :giggle:

Latest posts

Back