Clones of Females!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewayne

IS BAKED
Reaction score
Heya, some of my plants are into the pre-flowering stages and i could tell a few were females. I didn't top them but i took a branch or "leecher" that comes from between the stem and the branch at the node. cut at 45 degree angles, stuck it in water, root tone with anti-fungal, then i inserted them into two peat pellets.

Somewhere around i heard that you can decide sex's by cloning a plant faster than if you let it grow and wait for pre-flowering on the host plant. Is this true? cause if so i can clip a few of the leechers off the rest of the plants and do it just to decide the sex's faster. if so how does it work.

I hope they clone out alright, i did it about 45 mins ago and i usually never top or prune my plants, but i wanted a clone! lol.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you all! =)

Somewhere around i heard that you can decide sex's by cloning a plant faster than if you let it grow and wait for pre-flowering on the host plant. Is this true? cause if so i can clip a few of the leechers off the rest of the plants and do it just to decide the sex's faster. if so how does it work.
I think people root the clone then flower inside to determine the sex faster.

Yeah, that's what imma do with these...but i dunno, should i grow them out a little like..to 8 inches then stick them under 12/12 lighting, or just 12/12 lighting. And if i just force them into 12/12 now without growing them some, will they be able to be kept and bud, and would it be better if i waited till about 8-12 inches and stuck them in 12/12 for flowering? :p thanks for the advice.

Dewayne said:
Yeah, that's what imma do with these...but i dunno, should i grow them out a little like..to 8 inches then stick them under 12/12 lighting, or just 12/12 lighting. And if i just force them into 12/12 now without growing them some, will they be able to be kept and bud, and would it be better if i waited till about 8-12 inches and stuck them in 12/12 for flowering? :p thanks for the advice.
If all you're doing is sexing the plant, you don't need to root it. You just take the clone as you did, put it into an absolute 10/14dark schedule and it'll start flowering in just about 7 days. Once it shows sex, just toss it in the trash. If it shows as male, you'll know to get rid of it.

Good luck man!

alright, thank you, but if i wanted to grow a clone because i took it from a female plant, what should i do? just root it, and let it grow like the rest?

hey... can u take 4 wk old plants (healthy) flip the lites to 10/14 for 7 days , find out what sex they r and then revert back to 24/0?

No, i wouldn't do that. You're better off taking the clone as he said, you don't wanna change your plants light conditiosn until you wanna flower it.so your'e best off just snipping a branch and throwing it in 10/14...

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Latest posts

Back