Cloning a reveged plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetfield_08

Reaction score
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I've got a real quick question. I have a plant that's about ready to harvest and it was the only one of the seeds to pop when i started her. After i harvest, could i revert to the veg. cycle and then take a clone? I would really like to keep this strain around for a friend when he gets out of jail, we both really liked it so it would be awesome to keep it around. :hubba:

It's easy. 3 - 4 weeks to start reveg. New shoots will appear all over. Allow about 10 - 14 days after reveg starts and you'll be able to take good clones. Say 6 weeks in total.

this is good info, i have a pheno that i want to clone because of how dense the flowers are on it, but i trimmed the lower growth off, will it regenerate?

JBonez said:
this is good info, i have a pheno that i want to clone because of how dense the flowers are on it, but i trimmed the lower growth off, will it regenerate?

I don't reveg my plants. But when I trim off the bottom branches, I get new growth at these spots during the flowering cycle. I have no reason to believe that this growth should not continue if you reveg and make great clones.

mp 12-26 002 (2).jpg

When you 'trimmed the lower growth off' you don't mean you left the plant bare-***? You need to leave about 1/3 of the bud on if you're revegging. But that old bud will cure on the plant and be great later.

leafminer said:
When you 'trimmed the lower growth off' you don't mean you left the plant bare-***? You need to leave about 1/3 of the bud on if you're revegging. But that old bud will cure on the plant and be great later.

No, I do not reveg (tried it a couple of times, but wasn't impressed), but there is growth on the bottom of the plant, that if left, would continue to grow if revegged. You are correct that you need to leave about 1/3 of the plant "unharvested" to be able to reveg.

Sorry, but the bud left on the plant will not really be very good--it will not cure on the plant. THC will deteriorate if buds are left on the plant too long and exposed to the light--you just have to kiss these good-bye and realize this is the price of a reveg.

Latest posts

Back