cloning from plants in bloom or ?what

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchit

Reaction score
This is my first grow as a medical grower. I started with 20 seeds and ended up with 4 girls after throwing out the duds and all the guys. My 4 girls should be ready to harvest in 5 or 6 weeks. I have heard that it is hard to take clones from plants in full bloom. Can I partially harvest one of the 4 and then reveg it to get a mother plant going? Any suggestions? thanks,k watchit

I would reveg and then clone as opposed to cloning while in bloom but that is just my opinion. Getting only 4 fems out of 20 seeds is a tough break.

I clone in flower all the time. There is nothing wrong with it, however, the later in flower you clone the longer it will take the clones to root. Also the clones, once rooted, will begin to go thru a reveg type of spurt for a while, before they really start putting out "regular" leaves. It can be done, just do it the same way you would if you cloned in veg, there's no difference. Actually there should be a sticky somewhere around here detailing it.

solarz

I cut the bottom 11 smallest shoots off of 3 plants about a week ago. hit them with home depot root powder, cut under water and stuck into promix.

i checked last night. the smallest one just kinda fell outa the dirt with 3 nub roots tarting, and the other 10 are stuck in there GOOD. i was able to tug a bit and they didnt move one bit. pretty good for first time and about a week under 2x4 floro.

so my crop just doubled. only prob is i could only get clones off my flowering sativas, not my indicas so it will be a pretty tall crop.

now. question. i grew from 12/12 in order to get small plants(under 3 feet). how long do i have to veg the clones under 24? my clone chamber consists of a barricaded area in the cats room with a crappy floro. the kitty has an insatiable desire for pot plants and id rather only use 1 room to grow so as quick as i can get them out of there the better.

the hairs are finally starting to turn orange.

you really only have to veg clones to give them a good root source, then after that you are free to do what you wish with them.

solarz

will they get the typical tripple from flowering? or will it us tbud the tiny clone since it still has green bud?

Latest posts

Back