cloning in water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
so I'm looking at building a bubble cloner and it dawns on me, why cant I just put a cutting in a cup of water?
I remember my mom used to put various cuttings(spider plant, indoor ivy, ect)in a glass of water and put them in the window and soon there were roots filling the glass. has this been discussed before ?

Give it a shot and see what happens. Some strains will root (it seems) if you even breathe on them, others you can put them in $500 of fancy cloning gear and fail 95% of the time.

But bubbling water is better than no bubbles. The extra oxygen promotes growth, stagnant water does not.

It can be done I have done to many times. Just use a mason jar wraped with alumiun(sp?) foil change the water every other day it seems to take longer that soil or bubbler cloning 14+ days. Set under a light source that gives 14+hours of light a day, prefer 24/7 til roots show.

ok heres what i did 4 days ago
it looked wilted at first but looks good now
I will update the progress as it happens

100_4512.JPG

I've cloned in water, soil and rockwool and have had the best (near 100% success) in rockwool. You don't need a fancy bubble cloner, just something that can be covered so the air stays moist.

i've cloned in the past sticking cuttings in bottles of ozarka drinking water and many strains rooted just fine.... if you're using tap water i'd change it every couple days just to keep it fresh....

yeah when i sex my ladies, i use a cup of water and drop em in there... but the bubbler or EZ-cloner. i think there designed to "spritz" or keep moist while giving abondant amounts of air..... instead of just sitting in the H2O its will sit above and let the tiny bubbles pop and moisten the stem.
but that wrks to man...
i find when it comes to cloning you dont want to find what wrks but what wrks fast.. and with less stress.. the quicker it can get it roots the better..
take care and have fun..
LH

Latest posts

Back