Cloning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndre

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope everyone's well. I got a couple more noob questions for ya's:

I have a plant that is 17 days into flowering. Is there a particular time period when I should clone? Or just whenever there is a branch big enough (and after sexing)?

Also, when taking the clipping... does it have to be the end of a branch (with the bud on top), or can you just take a larger leaf off. (hope this isn't too stupid a question...)

Thanks for any help in advance!

-cyndre

Usually people take their clones before flowering, because it will be a lot easier for the clone to successfully root. To clone an already-flowering plant, the clone will have to first revert back to veg state (how stressfull!) which can cause the hermies.

I would avoid cutting a portion that has bud already growing, instead try to cut the smaller leaves usually found on the lower part of the plant. These leaves are smaller because they get less light, but they're packed full of plant-goodies, they'll 'take off' when cloned.

I don't know all that much about successfully cloning a flowering plant, hopefully some others will drop by.
:aok:

Thanks for the thoughts, Bubby!

I'm curious, how do you sex them before cloning if you clone them pre-flower?

-cyn

That's one of the beauties of cloning!
When they're in veg-state, you take cuttings from all your plants, and let them grow some roots. You can then immediately switch the lights for the clones to flowering, and figure out the sexes (just remember to label the clones, so you know which came from where). Because they're clones from a (usually) mature mother-plant, they can skip the veg-state altogether.

Bubby said:
That's one of the beauties of cloning!
When they're in veg-state, you take cuttings from all your plants, and let them grow some roots. You can then immediately switch the lights for the clones to flowering, and figure out the sexes (just remember to label the clones, so you know which came from where). Because they're clones from a (usually) mature mother-plant, they can skip the veg-state altogether.

oooOOOOOOOooooooo! ;)

Makes mucho sense. Thanks, man!

-cyn

dont leave the clone in direct sunlight or anywhere near daylight .... it will die , mine did , some peeps just said direct sunlight but mine was just near daylight so yea hope that helps (this was just earlier it died) :(

Latest posts

Back