Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Cloning Question

IDontSmoke

Reaction score
Quick one... If I clone a female plant, will my clones all turn out female?

Canso

Reaction score
yes!
everything will be the same.

A

astra007

yes and if you clone a female plant that is 8 months old the new clone baby starts out as 8 months old. therefore this is why you see babies when they first start to grow sometimes have 7 leaf clusters instead of single or 3 leaves. i have found over the years that the more mature the mother plant is; the better survival rate fer the clone babies. better to understand this is the baby is 2 weeks old but has the genetic make up of a eight month old. stronger and better immune.

IDontSmoke

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the help. I'm new to this science and am pretty much just doing it to save my girlfriend money. As my name suggests, I don't smoke, but anything I can make or grow, etc. is fascinating to me. I just started my 13/11 light cycle last weekend, how long into this cycle should I wait before cloning, or is it advisable to do it before flowering? My space is limited to one box, so I have a 70 watt HPS running simultaneously with a 250 watt MH. I'd like to be able to keep the new babies in the same box, but say on a shelf high up inside. Does this sound dumb, or is it possible?

Canso

Reaction score
not sure on the 13/11 I've never tried it, I'm a 12/12 man myself.
you can clone 1 week into flowering, but some people have luck doing it even later.
If you keep your babies in the same box, they must be on 18/6 light(veg.).
you can not have any of the 18/6 light leak into your 12/12 flowering.

Latest posts