Cloning wars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I never heard or tried that way in the fall I take cuttings scrape the bottom portion of stem dip in clonex then I put it in soil inside a pot I put the pot in a tray outside keep water in tray at all times by spring them cuttings should have leaves
IMG_5761.png
IMG_5764.png

Here is a better pic of the cloneView attachment 357532
She going in where I take out the Momma plant she is done enough for me. I checked her a bit ago. Also the panama reds are done and starting to fox tail I am pulling those today and Pink Mango tomorrow. Sunday will be GDP in the grow room. 3 are ready. So trim jail for me the next 3 days. I sampled the Panama Red this morning and boy oh boy is it nice. I feel calm but not sleepy full of energy but not jittery. Taste was very smooth no choking or coughing. It was just dried so no cure yet. That will be when I give a taste profile. I sampled it yesterday as well and the high lasted 4 hours. Sweet 😁

Picked up a new cloning method, trying it for the first time.
20240613_120450.jpg
20240613_120518.jpg

I started with 8 gallons of purified water, RO is fine too but has to be one of the 2.
I then added 2 tsp of Kelp4Less cloning powder to the water, (1/4tsp per gallon) stirred really well with a whisk and then put the pump and manifold in to continue mixing it up for 2 more hours.

I just cut and added all the clones about 20 minutes ago. Kelp4Less says roots in 4 days. We shall see! I'm thinking more like 7 to 10.
This is supposed to be an organic all-in-one cloning solution.

Do not dip the cuts, in the Kelp4Less cloning powder, or any other rooting hormone for that matter.
It is supposed to be as easy as cut n stuff.
The guy that put me on this method says the warmer the better. He lives in Texas and does this in the full sun on his back porch with water temps pushing 95!!!

Picked up a new cloning method, trying it for the first time. View attachment 357852View attachment 357853

I started with 8 gallons of purified water, RO is fine too but has to be one of the 2.
I then added 2 tsp of Kelp4Less cloning powder to the water, (1/4tsp per gallon) stirred really well with a whisk and then put the pump and manifold in to continue mixing it up for 2 more hours.

I just cut and added all the clones about 20 minutes ago. Kelp4Less says roots in 4 days. We shall see! I'm thinking more like 7 to 10.

Do not dip the cuts, in the Kelp4Less cloning powder, or any other rooting hormone for that matter.
The guy that put me on this method says the warmer the better. He lives in Texas and does this in the full sun on his back porch with water temps pushing 95!!!
I made one of those once. They work great.

Picked up a new cloning method, trying it for the first time. View attachment 357852View attachment 357853

Update on this.

Some cuts already have little white dots on them so i expect to see roots in 2 days or so.
Everything is going very well and looks wicked healthy.
20240617_080451.jpg

I saw a guy throwing a air stone in a one gal jug and then just put the cuts hanging out the top. I gotta try that. Looks fun.

Those cloners are super fast. You'll be addicted to that thing..lol. You running anything in the water? I know some throw some stuff in there. I just used old tap water in mine.

Thanks for the info. I may have to get some of that powder. Does it dissolve well? I'm thinking this would work well with how I clone. I usually add gel but the powder would be a better approach I think.

Thanks for the info. I may have to get some of that powder. Does it dissolve well? I'm thinking this would work well with how I clone. I usually add gel but the powder would be a better approach I think.
Yeah this ended at 7 gallons of water and 1¾ tsp of the powder.
The powder dissolved super fast and easy.
You do not need to dip your cuts in anything.
Just cut and stick them in the cloner and turn it on.

Yeah this ended at 7 gallons of water and 1¾ tsp of the powder.
The powder dissolved super fast and easy.
You do not need to dip your cuts in anything.
Just cut and stick them in the cloner and turn it on.
What kind of cloner I got to get one. I am having terrible luck.

6 days til roots emerged. View attachment 358066

I'm sold on the K4L cloning powder and will be buying more 🤘🏼
Looks like you've found a great combination. I like gel but that powder approach seems much better to me. Gels get messy. I think they work better for cubes n light medium clones. Kinda get sprayed off in one of those cloners.

Good job protecting her. It worked obviously. Hail is a bummer. That stuff can do some heavy hst training for ya..lol
I only lost the top of one white widow. She has a stem and 2 leaves below where she was topped by the storm. Only had 3 nodes and there is 1 left so I am not sure it will recover. I have never topped a photo that young. It is a photo so there is recovery time if it is able.

Good job protecting her. It worked obviously. Hail is a bummer. That stuff can do some heavy hst training for ya..lol
I think the big tree helped. There is a 50 foot pine tree right over her. I am always picking out pine needles. But the clone needed shade for the first few weeks. She is adjusting nicely.

Latest posts

Back