co2 bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
Does anyone use them in thier tents..so they work..what is acgood one?

Used one the first time I ever grew. I have no idea if it worked or not, but according to all the "top guys" the word is; No. They don't work.

I would love to have a CO2 meter so I could see how much the bucket raises it. I'm one of the guys that thinks "if you add more co2 in ANY amount, then something added is better than nothing added"... but then the 'big guys' all say "if you can't hit 1200-1500 ppms and lock it in, and cycle with fan and blah blah blah" that you are absolutely throwing your money away.

I don't get it.. I think if you add any CO2 it helps.. *shrug*
With that said, I'm not using buckets anymore as I think they are a bit of a waste of money. I'd rather get a tank and regulator.. throw it on a timer, and "waste my money" that way... because I think that would actually be worth it.

....anddddd I rambled. :rofl:

IMO they are worthless garbage that just separates you from your money. You can't get beneficial results with CO2 unless you run it correctly. That means at the proper PPM, higher temps than normal, more food, sealed room. You need a big boy setup to do it right. Couple hundred bucks I believe.

Using a tank, timer and regulator is the correct way and not a "waste your money" way. I have read a whole lot about CO2 enhancement over the years from many different sources. It is pretty much the general consensus among the experts that CO2 enhancement has to be done correctly or it is useless. While it may seem to some that anything is better than nothing, when experts tell me otherwise, I do take their knowledge and advise.

If you think adding any co2 will help then look up the DIY 2 liter pop bottle tech to make your own co2 maker. All you need is yeast,sugar and a bottle.

The bags are not activated when you buy it it's been working while sitting on the shelf at the hydroshop.

Does co2 tanks for soda machines are the same thing...can I use those I wonder freind hss some to give me

Those will work, but you still need regulators and monitors to go along with it--the CO2 tanks are the inexpensive part.

Yeah, I had CO2 tanks and regulators, but the rest of the stuff was just too expensive and I just like to check out my room too many times in the day to really have a sealed room and controlled CO2.

Co2 is really for commercial growing in larger spaces with many plants. If you have a smaller grow that is producing less than a pound of dried bud per month (not an exact figure, more round about number) then it isn't worth it to go with the "proper" co2 stuff. All of the co2 enhancement ideas out there right now aren't going to give you enough to make any appreciable difference than what you will get with cycling in outside air.

We all need to use outside air anyway because the global warming people say there is too much co2 in the atmosphere. We need to grow more MJ around the world to offset all of the bad co2 and save the planet :D

If done properly co2 makes quite a bit of difference. Even for the smaller grower.ime

Any additional co2 will help, but is it cost effective? With bags they take up valuable floor space and are expensive. If I was to use bags I would just get some compost and put it in a bag.

For the money you probably would get more bang for you're buck just buying a bigger light. That is for a home setup anyway.
The yeast idea made me laugh- guess who read about that in the 70s and tried it? In our dorm room growing 6' plants in folgers coffee cans. Plain dirt miracle grow fert.
Grew some huge leaves. Shame it was from columbian or panama red something like that.
I dont know if the co2 helped or not but the room smelled like a bakery. You should give me some slack- I went to college when I was 16 so what did I know?

Latest posts

Back