co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkngunz

Reaction score
just looking to get some advice on CO2 any1 here use it?

i was thinking of getting some pucks.

I use it but i use the cartridges! Check out my grow and you'll see what I mean.

smkngunz said:
just looking to get some advice on CO2 any1 here use it?

i was thinking of getting some pucks.

IMO there is no need to add aditional CO2 if you have fresh air supply.
And unless you can seal your room to maintain a min of 1000 PPM you are waisting time and money.

it definatly cost more than you'd see in results to charge a room

I have a quick question. If one was using the spray bottle full of non-flavored carbonated water, when would you start intriducing Co2 to your grow? During the veg. cycle and into flowering, or only during the flowering cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Vegs said:
I have a quick question. If one was using the spray bottle full of non-flavored carbonated water, when would you start intriducing Co2 to your grow? During the veg. cycle and into flowering, or only during the flowering cycle.

Thanks in advance.

I would just add a little drink mix to it and drink it anytime.:p

yes but charging a room with added co2 is very expensive and isnt worth it unless the room actually holds the charge

why wouldn't a room be able to hold the co2? If you're room is air tight then the co2 won't leak out. If you have the money (and you don't need to spend 1000s) go for it. I'll be upgrading in december when this grow finishes. I have an air cooled hood and a climate controller that will run my exhaust when the room gets too hot and will cut the co2. Sure if you want to go out and spend a thousand bucks on a co2 ppm reader then go ahead. Its not really necessary if you can do some simple math.

Co2 is absorbed by the plant VERY fast anyways and it will only leak out of a pressurized chamber because co2 doesnt go looking for holes to get out of the room because it feels uncomfortable about being in a dark closet anyways. not like co2 is in the movie house on haunted hill and NEEDS to get out. It just doesnt hurt to use it! anything good for your plants will make them grow better PERIOD!!!

you should actually watch the documentary on discovery about adding co2, you'll be suprised at what u find out.

Celebrity Bob said:
Co2 is absorbed by the plant VERY fast anyways and it will only leak out of a pressurized chamber because co2 doesnt go looking for holes to get out of the room because it feels uncomfortable about being in a dark closet anyways. not like co2 is in the movie house on haunted hill and NEEDS to get out. It just doesnt hurt to use it! anything good for your plants will make them grow better PERIOD!!!
you are..."mistaken"..plants do not use co2 in the dark.
..and the minute amounts of co2 contained in a paintball canister, is a joke for a room full of plants. C02 is also heavier than fresh air, which means it settles to the bottom of the room, where it is useless to plants.
"GOOD" circulation of fresh air is all that is needed.
Spend that money on something beneficial to your grow. Nutes, ammendmants, or a circulation fan...:)

well i wasnt trying to type that much so, thanks hick, good facts there.

Yeah, I am not going to even mess with C02. My ventilation is great so there's really no need to C02 at the moment for my grow.

When you say good circulation you mean taking fresh air from outside correct? Because circulating the same air over and over through your grow chamber will only deplete the levels of co2 available to the plant. Now that being said what do you do in the summer time when the air outside is nearly 80-100 degrees? I just don't understand how you guys can say with such certainty that properly implementing co2 during your light cycle will not produce amazing results, even though all the research points to that fact. Now, I’m not saying the small co2 canister for paintball will do anything, especially if you are circulating air through your cab, it will just be sucked out as fast as it’s introduced. And if you do any research into co2 you will discover that YES co2 does sink but that’s what oscillating fans are for! Sure you CAN go out and spend $2000 on a high tech co2 climate controller and a co2 generator. BUT it can be done for under $600 if you're not a retard. Bottled co2 is a very cheap alternative to the generator and if you can do the math then you won't need a PPM climate controller. In December I will be converting my grow chamber over to a co2 enriched environment and will do it for under $600, January the clones will go in and then there will be results rather then speculation. In conclusion if you’re looking for a ‘cheap’ alternative to co2, you won’t find one, but you don’t need to be a millionaire to properly implement it.

I just don't understand how you guys can say with such certainty that properly implementing co2 during your light cycle will not produce amazing results,
I don't think "anyone" has said that.
"properly implementing" ... are "key" words there.

If one wanted to charge a room with co2, couldnt you just buy a small tank of it at a place like Airgas co. and release some into the room every day?

Latest posts

Back